Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys

• New York Giants

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaep will get another gig, I see round 2 QB controversy in KC between him and Alex

And I can't believe people still argue a college team is beating a pro team

Last edited:
Let me chime in a bit...

The worst of the worst NFL team, technically, is still comprised of the best of the best college players. Of course, that assumes that every player that reaches the NFL is considered a really good player, and that even the best collegiate teams doesn't have the best of the best colllege players.

Bama, for example, as stacked as they are, is not comprised of 100 5-stars. The worst team last year, the Browns, have players (even those undrafted ones) who should be able to start and contribute in any college team.

That said, i'm with the guys who say 99.5% chance no college team beats any NFL team. Yeah i'll leave a 0.5% shot because they say nothing is impossible.

No NFL team is comprised of 100 players (53 is the max.. and then you have practice squad players)

If I remember correctly, there are historic college teams that have had 50+ pros on it

You're assuming a lot regarding those players, sometimes the circumstances dictate who can and cannot play.. just because a player is on the Browns, doesn't mean they would start at Alabama

Then you factor in injuries to key guys, like joe Haden being hurt couple games last season

No one on their line is starting over Allen.. before trading for Collins, none of their OLBs are starting over the bama guys.. hell before trading for collins, 3/4ths of bama starting guys are keeping their jobs easily

Also the average NFL career is 3.3 years.. I don't think a lot of you are fully appreciating just how bad some teams

For example: The Browns started last season with 28 players who had less than a year of experience in the league, that's 28/53

Last edited:
Buccaneers are signing former Jets kicker Nick Folk to compete with last year's second-round pick Roberto Aguayo, as @PSchrags reported.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

March 18, 2017

Only after a year and a second round pick.... Life comes at you fast

Good :pimp:

I told Connor Barth last night at the bar I wished he was still our kicker. That man is hammered dancing every time I see him.

Folk is gonna win the job.

They traded up to draft a kicker in the 2nd round and will probably cut him

Good lord

The sooner we admit the mistake the better. I'm glad we have a coach and GM that isn't scared to bench/cut higher paid/drafted players if they're not playing well or being outplayed. Koetter was letting it be known every week he was getting pissed the **** off with the missed kicks this past season.

That man must have the ultimate yips. Still shouldn't have been drafted 2nd round but dude was great in college :smh:

Hope you guys had a wonderful st Patrick's day last night
My liver doesn't feel the same though

Let me chime in a bit...

The worst of the worst NFL team, technically, is still comprised of the best of the best college players. Of course, that assumes that every player that reaches the NFL is considered a really good player, and that even the best collegiate teams doesn't have the best of the best colllege players.

Bama, for example, as stacked as they are, is not comprised of 100 5-stars. The worst team last year, the Browns, have players (even those undrafted ones) who should be able to start and contribute in any college team.

That said, i'm with the guys who say 99.5% chance no college team beats any NFL team. Yeah i'll leave a 0.5% shot because they say nothing is impossible.

No NFL team is comprised of 100 players (53 is the max.. and then you have practice squad players)

If I remember correctly, there are historic college teams that have had 50+ pros on it

You're assuming a lot regarding those players, sometimes the circumstances dictate who can and cannot play.. just because a player is on the Browns, doesn't mean they would start at Alabama

Then you factor in injuries to key guys, like joe Haden being hurt couple games last season

No one on their line is starting over Allen.. before trading for Collins, none of their OLBs are starting over the bama guys.. hell before trading for collins, 3/4ths of bama starting guys are keeping their jobs easily

Also the average NFL career is 3.3 years.. I don't think a lot of you are fully appreciating just how bad some teams

For example: The Browns started last season with 28 players who had less than a year of experience in the league, that's 28/53

You aren't factoring in that players should get better with time til reaching their peak.

If a NCAA Football team had 50 pros on it at one time, it doesn't mean they were pro level players at the same time.

Like 2015 Allen is different than 2016 Allen and eventually 2017 Allen. They are all Jonathan Allen but they are different versions of the player.

I don't know if that makes sense to you?

Let me chime in a bit...

Some of those "50 pros" would be freshman at the time.

There has never ever ever ever ever been 50 senior pros on a college team.

You're talkin 12 seniors, 12 juniors, 12 sophomores, 12 freshman essentially comprising 50 pros on one college team.

18-19 year old kids, teenagers, comprising half your future pros.

Against a full 53 MAN, pro team.

Your argument is over with. Stop trying to work around it.

I don't care if you think they could play 1,000 games and win just one. 1-999 still doesn't validate any point you guys are tryna make. At all.

Makes absolute sense mister friendly mister friendly

These guys aren't taking peak physical development into account.

The average male reaches his peak physical fitness at 24-26 years old.

The average athlete reaches his prime within a span of 25-28 years old.

These college kids are teenagers and young adults.

Men against boys.

They'd get bullied.

Last edited:
yall still going
dead.png

I dont kno man them bama squads, usc squads, and miami squads.

Still dont think it would happen tho. Them beating a nfl team.

If anyone is a prime example of a college team not being able to beat a NFL team its those USC teams. Leinart and Bush couldnt even do **** against bad NFL teams while being on an NFL team. And again they lost to a good college team.

Only chance a college team has if like 10 starters get injured in 5 seconds and then 8 back ups get injured in 10 seconds. But even then the college players are probably far more likely of getting injured.

Last edited:
Football is a different sport. College teams don't stack up well and if they did they'd lose off just how sophisticated NFL offenses and defenses are. A college team wouldn't know what they're seeing.

Basketball though. Here's a example of a bad NBA team...

With Bill Hanzlik at the helm, Denver only won 11 games throughout the year, struggling as a handful of relatively nondescript players attempted to lead the squad. Anthony Goldwire, Johnny Newman, Dean Garrett and Danny Fortson earned the most win shares on the roster, in that order, and none of those players are exactly household names.

Does anybody know who those guys listed above are? You mean to tell me those guys would win 100 out of 100 vs the best college teams of all times? HA HA HA

If anyone is a prime example of a college team not being able to beat a NFL team its those USC teams. Leinart and Bush couldnt even do **** against bad NFL teams while being on an NFL team. And again they lost to a good college team.

Only chance a college team has if like 10 starters get injured in 5 seconds and then 8 back ups get injured in 10 seconds. But even then the college players are probably far more likely of getting injured.

Bush lasted 11 seasons.. Leinart 8

Cody Kessler, clearly not the greatest USC QB ever, played the most of any other QB for the browns last season as a rookie

Some of those "50 pros" would be freshman at the time.

There has never ever ever ever ever been 50 senior pros on a college team.

You're talkin 12 seniors, 12 juniors, 12 sophomores, 12 freshman essentially comprising 50 pros on one college team.

18-19 year old kids, teenagers, comprising half your future pros.

Against a full 53 MAN, pro team.

Your argument is over with. Stop trying to work around it.

I don't care if you think they could play 1,000 games and win just one. 1-999 still doesn't validate any point you guys are tryna make. At all.

So the 28 rookies and 2nd year guys that made the Browns 53 last year are all "men"?

As far as athletic ability goes, I've seen a ton of 18 and 19 year olds who will be far better than the worst pro players will ever be.. look at Adrian Peterson, as a freshman, I don't think anyone would question that he then was better than at least some of the worst RBs to make the league

And any amateur team winning 1 game vs a NFL or NBA team is all I need, the word "never" was used.. "never"

The second it happens once, you can "never" use that word.. pretty simple

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom