2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know this it's like 3 months away and this isn't the fantasy thread but nobody is in that **** right now and we talk about all kinds of things in here anyway so...

Would you guys keep Brady over Lamar Miller in a 0.5 PPR league? It's a two keeper league and my other keeper is Dez. We don't lose a pick for whoever we keep and we can't keep two of the same position. I feel like Foreman is gonna steal some of Lamar's work and eat into a lot of his TD's

Speaking of fantasy, I'm leaning towards running my league away from PPR and switching to Standard. Had a few guys complain about PPR and the scoring logic behind it.

So I know this it's like 3 months away and this isn't the fantasy thread but nobody is in that **** right now and we talk about all kinds of things in here anyway so...

Would you guys keep Brady over Lamar Miller in a 0.5 PPR league? It's a two keeper league and my other keeper is Dez. We don't lose a pick for whoever we keep and we can't keep two of the same position. I feel like Foreman is gonna steal some of Lamar's work and eat into a lot of his TD's

Speaking of fantasy, I'm leaning towards running my league away from PPR and switching to Standard. Had a few guys complain about PPR and the scoring logic behind it.

PPR >>>>
But if enough people want standard I guess you have to change it.

Finally convinced my league to use decimal scoring this season :smokin

In before jamaal Charles bounce back season :pimp:

camron-spits-o.gif

PPR >>>>

my keeper league is PPR decimal scoring and its by far the most entertaining league ive ever been in.

I always do another league with a different group of friends thats standard scoring with no PPR and its just sooo bland and boring.

Last edited:

PPR >>>>

Scoring madness

Maybe you don’t care why PPR was invented — after all, it means your fantasy team scores more points, and points are fun. But it’s also fun to eat ice cream every day, and that doesn’t make for a balanced diet. It steps farther away from on-field influence, from real football. It turns fantasy football into fantasy sort-of football. Why does a 10-yard reception yield more fantasy points than a 10-yard run?

Since PPR’s inception, the value of receivers has become inflated with the rise of the passing game. Suddenly, the guy who catches seven passes for 50 yards scores as highly as the guy who runs for 60 and scores a touchdown. Worse, maybe your RB rips off a crucial 10-yard run on a third-down draw play for a pivotal first down, and he scores exactly as much as a WR who catches a bubble screen and gets tackled behind the line of scrimmage.

Exorcising the demon

PPR proponents might argue the additional points separate non-catching RBs from those involved in the passing game. But scoring for yardage already takes care of that. They might say the extra points equate to keeping drives alive, but what bonus do you get for keeping drives alive on the ground? Why is a fourth-and-1 catch for two yards worth a point more than a fourth-and-1 run for two yards?

Bold sentences have me leaning against PPR :lol: but I do enjoy it. Maybe I'll drop it to .5 and definitely take away bonus points.

Last edited:
I remember the panthers/local news had some story on hardy about how he's some huge Harry Potter nerd.

Funny how he turns out to be a woman beating POS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom