2017 NFL Offseason Thread - jetpacunlimited enters the Witness Protection Program

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

• Dallas Cowboys

• Atlanta Falcons

• Detroit Lions

• Seattle Seahawks

• New York Giants

• Green Bay Packers

• Miami Dolphins

• Pittsburgh Steelers

• Oakland Raiders

• Houston Texans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta winning it all
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
View media item 2305116
Atlanta whooped my team so I gotta put some Respeck on their name and root for them to win it
Thanks for the respek b.

Last edited:
Just doesn't make sense to pander to the few when the majority is saying the opposite.

This is what im confused about. I dont get the clique stuff. Unless there's a huge amount of lurkers who don't post and want to read nothing but football, which there could be i guess, I don't have any numbers.

I have a hard time believing the large majority of people here arent cool with this thread and are feeling left out. I'm sensing a minority is feeling the need to spoil this thread for the majority who enjoys this thread for what it is. And we definitely definitely definitely still prioritize football.

Last edited:
I think the biggest blunder here is that the drafts should have been saved for the off-season. Bound to run out of ideas anyway. it wasnt gonna last forever. it was temporary fun to pass time.

Last edited:

I would say the same of our forum rules/division and the "flexing" of some self-appointed VIPs.  

We gave people latitude.  We let people have fun.  Then it started getting territorial and we couldn't turn a blind eye to it without trashing the rules that have served us well for 17 years now.

The NFL thread belongs to everyone, not just one clique and, again, that clique wouldn't include you if it weren't open to new people.  

We heard the same anti-social complaints last time.  "Oh, we can't host the movie thread in General!  Then the GENERAL people can participate!  We only want these 10 people to be there, and NOBODY ELSE!"  Everyone was fine.  

All this additional drama is so needless, but, again, I get that it, too, comes from boredom.  
Update to that, like 90% of the S&Ters from that thread have left since it went to General. Other than that, it's been great.
Because the "General people" ruined it, because it ran its course, or because of pouting?  

Everyone who wanted to participate could - and still can.  

NikeTalk has always had a forum structure.  Separate threads.  Separate forums.  They mean what they say and they're open to participation.  I'm trying to see the other side of this, but it sounds a lot like snobbishness.  "We don't want THEM to participate..."   Apparently these threads are far too delicate to withstand the presence of commoners and outsiders.  
eyes.gif

You were a "newbie" once.  We worked to make sure you could feel included.  If you've valued anything about your experiences here, you owe it to others to return the favor. 

If you really have a problem with someone, there's an ignore feature.  But I can't throw all the rules out the window because a few people forgot where they came from and suddenly can't handle diversity. 
That's never been the case. I've been doing these drafts because of said boredom, and it's brought more discussion and fun from everything. Agree this extra stuff is needless, but it definitely takes away from the community built.

As a matter of fact, it's been the opposite as these drafts and conversations that haven't been on topic has encouraged other people to join. It's encourgaed debate and friendly banter. We just praised one of the newer guys not too long ago in @kdslittlebro as he is a newer member. A mod came in today, he was praised, welcomed and looking forward to joining in on this thread and what these people have to offer.

Just doesn't make sense to pander to the few when the majority is saying the opposite.
Again, there's a difference between a tangent and a thread-jack.  This was page after page after page of draft stuff, posts calling people back to a random post with a draft board when that purpose could've been served better and more efficiently with a separate thread.  You can invite your friends to join.  You can invite other football fans to join.  But you don't get to hijack a thread because you're unwilling to mingle with the rest of the community.  That doesn't build community, it just walls off a little clique FROM the community. 

Every thread can't be a free-for-all.  When people get bored in sneaker release threads, we can't let it devolve into 10 pages of NBA discussion when there's a whole Sports & Training forum for exactly that.  

You have to respect the need for organization and inclusiveness in a community like this.  We let fun tangents occur within reason.  This became unreasonable.  

It wasn't just one person who complained.  It wasn't just people you look down your nose at for whatever reason.  Several veteran users were put off by this, and it's not salt or snitching.  Tangents this large bury everything else.  You can see that.  Yes, the games are a few days away - but some people want to talk about them now and it shouldn't have to compete with something that is COMPLETELY off topic.  

It is not unreasonable to ask you to simply follow the same rules as everyone else, and the same rules that have always been here. 

If a troll came in here and said "this thread is now about spiderman" and you weren't feeling it, I bet you'd hit that report button, too, before you'd let the thread get hijacked.  

This is a football thread.  You had a tangent grow so large that it would function better as a spin-off thread in the appropriate forum.  That's not the end of the world and goodness knows we all have more important things to worry about right now. 

If you want to talk football, you can.  If you want to hold a music draft, you can.  Nobody was warned.  Nobody was banned.  Nobody was hurt.  I would greatly appreciate it if everyone could just move on with life and get THIS thread back on topic. 

I'm happy to field any other questions or concerns via PM.

thread will be fine long term. just annoying to have to bounce back and forth when most only post in here and a couple other threads regularly.

but we'll be fine from a football standpoint. thread will still be popping before, on, and after game day.

Saying something like this:
It wasn't just people you look down your nose at for whatever reason.

Is all I need to really read.

I was specifically advocating for community and participation. Specifically just said we welcomed new members and mods... yet that was something directed at me.

Interesting to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saying something like this:
It wasn't just people you look down your nose at for whatever reason.
Is all I need to really read.

I was specifically advocating for community and participation. Specifically just said we welcomed new members and mods... yet that was something directed at me.

Interesting to say the least.
A new moderator came in to this thread today and was basically laughed away and told "that's how things are here, deal with it."  The request to get back on topic clearly wasn't respected.  So, I would dispute the welcoming new mods part of your claim.

Welcoming other NFL thread participants to join the off-topic tangent is not the same as being willing to discuss music in the music forum or movies in the General forum - that is the snobbishness I'm referring to.  The "I won't go to THAT neighborhood" stuff.  

You can act offended if you want, but it's not just "I don't know how to deal with more than one thread."  You can follow more than one thread.  There's clearly a resistance to dealing with "others."  And I've yet to see any evidence of these "others" ruining the discussion.  It seems to be more "well, if I can't do this MY way then FORGET IT!" 

Managing subscriptions isn't as user friendly as it should be - and there WILL  be changes this year.  Things should work better.  However, big threads can't just be free for alls.  We've always had forum and thread divisions based on subject matter.  

I refuse to accept "the living room is now also the bathroom because this chair is really comfortable."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom