2017 Nike Air Jordan 3 Release RUMOURED

Djfolk explicitly said yesterday that no og 3s are scheduled to drop in 2017 as of yet

Yo, screw this " Nike" branding crap. Why am I mad? Easy. They let me get old before they brought Nike back, AND THE GUYS MY AGE WERE THE ONES BEGGING AND PLEADING FOR THIS, WELL OVER A DACADE.

Now, who reaps the rewards of our years of unanswered request? Some damn pimple faced kids and middle aged white dudes who just jumped into this because they're having a mid-life crises and have disposable income.

I seen at least 3 guys in this thread that I know is at least my age if not older, and y'all seem quite chipper about this whole fiasco.

I'm 33, damn it. My years of hopping out of cars to holler at girls and show off my outfit and fresh sneakers is over. I got kids......

My days of walking through the mall in sneakers is dead. I got loafers.. ..

My time of believing that any of these mass produced sneakers have any TRUE TO LIFE VALUE, has long passed. I got bills.....real ones. Enough to know that , shoes ain't no damn investment.

What the hell can I do with these as an adult? Except buy'em and ACT like they'll have some substantial value one day, as I pretend like it doesn't matter that they didn't release them this way 10 or 12 years ago when I was still a kid and could've enjoyed them..

Lol ,they released them to a generation that ,they had to teach to give a damn about such a thing.... These kids had jumpmans on the back of their shoes they're entire existance. It didn't bother them until the hype machine swung in motion.....

I'll never forget going into Champs back in 2010, wearing a pair of Jordans with a "Nike" logo T, and I over heard this young girl who worked there tell her co-worker "Someone should tell him that, Jordans ain't Nike's".

I looked to see were they serious. When I gathered, they were, I smiled and ignored it.

Dudes went from that, to all of a sudden being Nike Air fanatics.

Funny, a short 4 years ago when black cements released I don't recall any youngsters being heart broken about the lack of Nike branding. I don't recall too many "OG Heads" having a meltdown about it either.

Dude, I'm 40. I guess in your logic I'm ancient compared to you. I got the long term girlfriend thing going (who might as well be my wife), the 2 kids, 3 cats, just moved to a big *** house in the SoCal burbs, etc. So my situation is similar to how you described. And like I said, I'm ancient.

Do you think that makes me "too old" to wear certain clothes or certain kicks?

HELL no. I stopped giving af a long time ago about what I look like to other people, and instead decided to focus on what makes ME content.

If I'm not working, I still wear OG style track suits, graphic tees, loud neon when the mood strikes, and some form of Nikes are always on my feet. That's MY style, plus that's simply what I'm most comfortable in. You think I care whether some 17 year old is going to get a 10 second chuckle when I walk by in the mall? On the contrary, so far as I can tell, I get compliments down here from the younger cats on how clean my "old" gear looks way more than I get laughed at. Especially if I wear Raiders stuff. It's strange, it's SoCal and you'd think they never saw a Raiders fan before. I never got compliments like that up north.

The point is, if you're into kicks and gear primarily because you want to portray an image to others, or because of exclusivity, then like some people have already said, you're in it for ALL the wrong reasons. Buy what YOU like. Wear what YOU like. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

And as far as the age thing goes, as hard as it is to believe when you're 17, there's not a person on this board who's going to escape eventually turning 40. You can't stop it. Might as well embrace what's going to come, and enjoy what you can while you still have knees that halfway work. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom