2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

anybody got word on these?

Hey fellas, new to NikeTalk. The custom Elite jerseys issue is what drove me here. I was incredibly disappointed in the fact that not only does NFLShop not have Steve Smith Sr. as an Elite selection, but the custom jersey I received last week had the old, board-like Reebok numbers, and did not have Flywire, or the black part of the collar Baltimore's current jersey has. Steve Smith is my favorite athlete, all-time, and I wanted this jersey, as well as a customized Panthers Elite jersey to replace the old Reebok one I have which is vastly oversized (the style back in 2006 when I ordered it). Not only that, the jersey had a foul odor. They accepted my return for these reasons so I plan to get something else to add to the collection. It's a shame there's no way to have him added (a HOFer-to be)

Last edited:
Hey fellas, new to NikeTalk. The custom Elite jerseys issue is what drove me here. I was incredibly disappointed in the fact that not only does NFLShop not have Steve Smith Sr. as an Elite selection, but the custom jersey I received last week had the old, board-like Reebok numbers, and did not have Flywire, or the black part of the collar Baltimore's current jersey has. Steve Smith is my favorite athlete, all-time, and I wanted this jersey, as well as a customized Panthers Elite jersey to replace the old Reebok one I have which is vastly oversized (the style back in 2006 when I ordered it). Not only that, the jersey had a foul odor. They accepted my return for these reasons so I plan to get something else to add to the collection. It's a shame there's no way to have him added (a HOFer-to be)
]
its a shame they still haven't converted to Current numbers for Baltimore jerseys. However the reason for no flywire is that the Ravens don't have flywire on field.

its a shame they still haven't converted to Current numbers for Baltimore jerseys. However the reason for no flywire is that the Ravens don't have flywire on field.
I think they upgraded this year, hence the black in their collars now. This is an image of the new Flacco Elite on Nike.com

The description on NFLShop also lists Flywire in the description for the Custom Elite (purple) for Baltimore, though the image is of the older jersey. I think making this claim gave me the leverage for them to take my custom jersey back, despite their policy of no refunds on those.

I think they upgraded this year, hence the black in their collars now. This is an image of the new Flacco Elite on Nike.com

The description on NFLShop also lists Flywire in the description for the Custom Elite (purple) for Baltimore, though the image is of the older jersey. I think making this claim gave me the leverage for them to take my custom jersey back, despite their policy of no refunds on those.
they had black on the collar in 2012 and maybe 2013. As of last year they've had no black in the collar. Here is a pic from this years game vs CIN

Last edited:
they had black on the collar in 2012 and maybe 2013. As of last year they've had no black in the collar. Here is a pic from this years game vs CIN
So they adopted, then abandoned the Flywire shown in the Nike.com pic? Regardless, my gripe was the numbers. This was just my leverage for them to take it back. As well as the smell [emoji]128530[/emoji]. I have no idea how I'll ever get those Smith jerseys without those Reebok numbers.

Last edited:
They don't have black collars now. But they do have the right numbers. Just not on the custom jerseys no customs have the right numbers. Here is my Ray Lewis numbers are right. But it has that purple collar

They don't have black collars now. But they do have the right numbers. Just not on the custom jerseys no customs have the right numbers. Here is my Ray Lewis numbers are right. But it has that purple collar
Got it. Guess they left the modernity alone. The Nike pic, and the inaccurate mention of Flywire in the description on NFLShop led to my mistake. I'm aware of the number issue on customs, after purchase unfortunately. This was after getting that jersey, and a Drew Brees in the same order, and noticing the difference. I had no interest in these jerseys until examining the quality--now I'm reluctantly addicted and have three (Beckham Jr., and Peppers [Bears] which thankfully was $99). Unfortunately I still want a few more. $299 is ridiculous, but truthfully, we all have our vices.

I've heard nothing but negative things about custom Elite orders. It's crazy, $300 and they mess them up. Never seen one without the fly wire though.

I've heard nothing but negative things about custom Elite orders. It's crazy, $300 and they mess them up. Never seen one without the fly wire though.
My only guess is they kept the same manufacturer for the customs after the change to Nike, and they're using the leftover materials from Reebok--presumably an eternity's worth which is why the numbers are the same 3 years later. Either way, it's still unfair and misleading. I don't even know how Nike can accept that they don't fit the specifications they've laid out. Smith Sr. will retire so no chance Baltimore/Nike makes an Elite for him. The only other chance for one is if he officially retires with the Panthers and they make one as a retired player jersey

Yea Nike.com never bothered to update the stock photo. Then again, Nike doesn't even bother to give the Ravens new elites either.... No way we shouldn't have any new players.

My Sheldon Richardson is vastly different from my Revis. The Sheldon numbers are must different than the Revis one. same with shade of forrest green material. the Sheldon came from NFL Shop as a custom

My Sheldon Richardson is vastly different from my Revis. The Sheldon numbers are must different than the Revis one. same with shade of forrest green material. the Sheldon came from NFL Shop as a custom
It's unbelievable that they are cutting corners for $300. Maybe if people were calling and complaining directly to Nike instead of NFLShop, something could be done? I'm never buying a customized one again. I've got a few player jerseys in mind. I'm just glad I got Odell Beckham Jr., which recently sold out in both home and away. I may have actually gotten the last size 40 in blue.

I would return it.

Yes custom elites have reebok number. Downside the colors don't match. Plus to it is they don't wrinkle as much

Back
Top Bottom