2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

4-2 so far on the 12 games of hell stretch is good. Even if we drop the GS game tonight (probably) we can still be .500 or better through 8 of these.

Loved seeing Point Jimmy instead of TJ in the Embiid-Chandler-JJ off lineups. The Ben-Muscala-Landry-Brewer lineups are fine but TJ ruins it because of his defense and spacing. Replace TJ with say CoJo or Jrue and finals run imo

It’s pretty insane that with all of the ridiculous drama this team has went through over the years on the outside the actual team just keeps on winning and playing really good basketball. Like Brett Brown might make some of the most questionable basketball decisions possible in games but that son of a ***** has instilled one hell of a culture with this team to keep everyone focused and always fully about winning.

We have been playing great despite all the injuries.

As for Jrue, I had the pleasure of watching him live completely shut down Kawhi Leonard in Toronto. I was yelling at the top of my lungs cheering for Jrue (not the pels, just Jrue) he dominated on both ends and I was yelling Martar the entire time. lol

To have him come back and make a finals run would be so perfect. I'd be willing to give up on Fultz for him now that I think about it.

His lineups are cringe worthy but players definitely love him. Did yall hear his quote about the Embiid injury scare? About how Embiid milked it because he was mad he missed the dunk

None of these other coaches I know could joke with Embiid like that

We have been playing great despite all the injuries.

As for Jrue, I had the pleasure of watching him live completely shut down Kawhi Leonard in Toronto. I was yelling at the top of my lungs cheering for Jrue (not the pels, just Jrue) he dominated on both ends and I was yelling Martar the entire time. lol

To have him come back and make a finals run would be so perfect. I'd be willing to give up on Fultz for him now that I think about it.
There's several options for Jrue

Fultz/Chandler/Our 2019 1st
-or-
Fultz/Zhaire/Korkmaz/Patton/2021 Heat 1st

I'm not ready to give up on Zhaire nor Chandler (he's washed but been ballin lately) but we dont have many options due to Jrue salary

With all of Brown's questionable lineups and strategy, his strengths are still pretty remarkable. That being said, his time will be up soon.

There's several options for Jrue

Fultz/Chandler/Our 2019 1st
-or-
Fultz/Zhaire/Korkmaz/Patton/2021 Heat 1st

I'm not ready to give up on Zhaire nor Chandler (he's washed but been ballin lately) but we dont have many options due to Jrue salary

I like the 1st option a lot more than the second. I want to see what Zhaire can do. Ideally, he can fill that RoCo role or be a version of prime Avery Bradley (with better hops). The problem is if anybody else sees any value in Fultz.

On the note of filling roles, Bolden's hustle, playmaking and shooting really made him a decent replacement for Super Dario.

Colangelo really screwed over our assets pool. Idk, maybe if we can find a 3 team deal to Jrue back without including Chandler or Zhaire. Patton, Muscala, Korkmaz can all go tho

Colangelo really screwed over our assets pool. Idk, maybe if we can find a 3 team deal to Jrue back without including Chandler or Zhaire. Patton, Muscala, Korkmaz can all go tho

We essentially got nothing for Jah and Noel (who are both playing great right now)

I think Brand is a little more methodical instead of making win now moves. I don't know, we've only seen Brand make one deal so far and signing Brewer. Its hard to judge how he is as a GM.

We essentially got nothing for Jah and Noel (who are both playing great right now)

I think Brand is a little more methodical instead of making win now moves. I don't know, we've only seen Brand make one deal so far and signing Brewer. Its hard to judge how he is as a GM.

The Jimmy deal was a big time move that showed he had some balls. That gave me a lot of hope. If he doesn’t make a single move in the next 8 days though then a lot of that hope is going to be gone. We CLEARLY need help for our bench. Our starters can get us big leads but then we put in the bench and *boom* our 24 point lead is down to 9.

Yup. I'm just not sure if there are clear cut moves other than buying what the following teams are selling:

- Pels: Nikola (injured), Moore (injured), and maybe Jure?
- Atlanta: Lin, Prince, Kent, Dedmon
- Magic (?): Simmons, Ross
- Bulls: Holiday, Portis

We don't need anything from Cleveland or the Suns (unless we can get Mikal back? )

Yup. I'm just not sure if there are clear cut moves other than buying what the following teams are selling:

We don't need anything from Cleveland or the Suns (unless we can get Mikal back? )

The Hawks are officially our Triple A team at this point :lol: they might help us get to another level two years in a row. Belinelli and Ilyasova last year and this year I could see it being some combo of those four players.

Yes for Niko, Jrue or More
Yes for Prince or Dedmom
Yes for Simmons or Ross
No for Portis, we tryna mae Jimmy happy lol

Holiday was already traded to the Grizz. They just might try to flip him

Yes for Niko, Jrue or More
Yes for Prince or Dedmom
Yes for Simmons or Ross
No for Portis, we tryna mae Jimmy happy lol

Holiday was already traded to the Grizz. They just might try to flip him

I totally forgot about Portis and Jimmy :lol:
I also forgot about Holiday being traded for cheap (missed opportunity for us)
Either way, we have options.

The Hawks are officially our Triple A team at this point :lol: they might help us get to another level two years in a row. Belinelli and Ilyasova last year and this year I could see it being some combo of those four players.

Boston needed the Nets to help them out. We need Atlanta :lol:

But to add to what I think of Brand...Yes, he made a gutsy move, but will he be the type of GM who can trade MCW at his highest value and get a decent return? Will he be able to get Stauskas + valuable future assets for nothing? (the future assets are what matters). Or even make Ainge type of deals. I don't know...

I really want Dedmon

He'd be a perfect backup to Biid

If we do somehow land Dedmon, do you think Mascala + Bolden can hold the fort at 4? I noticed Simmons playing a few mins at the 4 as well.

If we do somehow land Dedmon, do you think Mascala + Bolden can hold the fort at 4? I noticed Simmons playing a few mins at the 4 as well.

Unless a viable buyout option comes up, then yeah they can probably get away with that rotation. Slide Amir to the 4 if you need to as well

Bolden works as a rim running big either as a 4 or 5. The real question is whether or not his 3 will be falling. If it is, he offers so much more than Moose. If he's in foul trouble, well.....we'd have Moose lol

I can’t emphasize enough how much any of Taurean Prince, Lin, Dedmon or Bazemore would help us right now.

Lloyd Pierce........do the right thing.

I’m so hype for the game tonight :pimp:

Games like this are the ones Embiid and Jimmy always bring their A-game to. Gonna need it out of Ben, JJ and at least one other role player step up big time to end the Warriors win streak.

Uhmmm if the Knicks buy out DeAndre/Wes Matthews, how do yall feel about them as bench pieces.

DeAndre as Embiid back up w/ Simmons would be wild.

No on Wes, he’s a chucker.

I’d be down for DeAndre though for the rest of the season but is he willing to come off the bench? Not sure how he sees himself as a player now.

Back
Top Bottom