E0323E8E-8295-4569-A7C9-D512D1C3453A.jpeg
688618E9-1AE8-4DF8-A7CC-E3A1F4BD5C49.jpeg
B95BC19A-36D0-4389-A029-2793AA19B20F.jpeg
734DFC29-FAB8-4E9B-89C0-B3B84C74073F.jpeg
0B404ED8-EFF5-47F5-842E-AFFA21B714D0.jpeg
54A359DE-4F13-4468-99A2-06B58B3DA88F.jpeg
B70377EE-114D-442A-9D59-1740EEC62428.jpeg
45975B0D-C3D8-458B-A900-D7F0E52E975B.jpeg

is stillin729 stillin729 still running this thread? I feel like we are in need of a thread title update lol

now that the birds season is over these sixers have my full and undivided attention. Tobias with the player of the week :nthat: never doubted him!

Guys, what are your opinions on Ben Simmons this year?

I think/ feel like he is doing exactly what he is told to do. And that's being the Souped up Draymond Green for the team. In terms of filling that role, I think he's doing an excellent job. Now is that his potential? Not even close.

That being said, we will have to rely on Curry, Maxey and Tobi to pickup the slack when Embiid is out. We simply don't look the same without him.

Simmons without a jumper is a suped up version of Dray. We’re gonna need a high level perimeter scorer/playmaker for that to work. Tobi,Seth, Maxey, Shake all have the qualities needed but we need one player who can do all of it at a high level. Shake is the only one who could do it because of his size and not being a liability on defense

Funny enough had Fultz not broke his shoulder, this would’ve been his role his “rookie year”

Guys, what are your opinions on Ben Simmons this year?

I think/ feel like he is doing exactly what he is told to do. And that's being the Souped up Draymond Green for the team. In terms of filling that role, I think he's doing an excellent job. Now is that his potential? Not even close.

That being said, we will have to rely on Curry, Maxey and Tobi to pickup the slack when Embiid is out. We simply don't look the same without him.

Ben has done a good job pushing the pace (4th this year, last year Philly was in the mid 20s), he’s rebounding more, his passing is still great, his free throw shooting is getting better, and he’s actually taking open 3s more.

However he’s having his worst season scoring and turning the ball over and those need to be corrected. I think he’s still dealing with his knee and/or back and he’s playing hurt or doesn’t have his legs underneath him yet. He just doesn’t appear to have the same athleticism and explosiveness from before the last all star break.

Ben has done a good job pushing the pace (4th this year, last year Philly was in the mid 20s), he’s rebounding more, his passing is still great, his free throw shooting is getting better, and he’s actually taking open 3s more.

However he’s having his worst season scoring and turning the ball over and those need to be corrected. I think he’s still dealing with his knee and/or back and he’s playing hurt or doesn’t have his legs underneath him yet. He just doesn’t appear to have the same athleticism and explosiveness from before the last all star break.
I’d also say that a reason for the high turnovers is that they’re actually trying to make half court plays?

In browns time, Ben would dribble up to half court then hand it off and move to the corner.

I think this year he’s actually trying to be a PG and not just in transition so I do hope he turns it around.

and in terms of scoring, it’s not too much to ask to at least get back to his ppg when he was a rookie

I’d also say that a reason for the high turnovers is that they’re actually trying to make half court plays?

In browns time, Ben would dribble up to half court then hand it off and move to the corner.

I think this year he’s actually trying to be a PG and not just in transition so I do hope he turns it around.

and in terms of scoring, it’s not too much to ask to at least get back to his ppg when he was a rookie
His handle isn’t good enough to beat someone off the dribble in the HC. If his handle was strong enough to get wherever he wants without posting, it would open up his game even more.

Look at MCW, jumper still broken but his a good enough handle to get to his spots and open up more passing lanes. Hell, look at Fultz. His handle would need to take the biggest step imo before the jumper if he really wants to be a 1

His handle isn’t good enough to beat someone off the dribble in the HC. If his handle was strong enough to get wherever he wants without posting, it would open up his game even more.

Look at MCW, jumper still broken but his a good enough handle to get to his spots and open up more passing lanes. Hell, look at Fultz. His handle would need to take the biggest step imo before the jumper if he really wants to be a 1

I completely agree. Simmons’a progression has been a weird one to say the least. He got better and the things he’s good at (defense, rebounding, passing) but stayed stagnant at the things that he isn’t good at like his dribble and shot.

also things like finishing with the “off hand” he always finishes layups with the right hand and teams have learned to plan against that. He hasn’t shown the ability to finish with his left. It’s so odd.

dribbling, finishing with The off hand, shooting, those are all things that’s proven can be developed and is very common for players to develop them. It’s just the weirdest thing.

But for now, we know he’s embracing the Draymond roll so that’s what I will expect until proven otherwise.

Rumors that Pels are gauging interest for JJ and the Sixers are a team they are talking to.

I can’t believe I’m asking this, but is it even worth it given his age, contract, and the fact that we have shooters already? Plus what would he be worth giving up?

I wouldn’t want to take time away for Maxey to develop.

Thoughts on this video?

the issues he brought up were real. But the solution isn’t fully formed.

I think we need two things:

PG who looks to pass and setup others: the comments mentioned someone like Rubio but he’s too expensive. Someone like Geroge Hill is more realistic

a Center who can spread the floor: Ben and Howard should not share the floor. Ever.

This might be my favorite Sixers meme of all time.

Am I crazy or should Philly look at bringing Muscala back? He’s been killing it from 3 this season on decent volume.

I think Dwert is fine as a backup. Lately we’ve seen him more work Tobias than with Ben. I do however agree someone like Muscala would be a better fit with Ben.

I think Dwert is fine as a backup. Lately we’ve seen him more work Tobias than with Ben. I do however agree someone like Muscala would be a better fit with Ben.
How much of a liability is Muscala on defence?

How much of a liability is Muscala on defence?
He tries lol but that would be the point in Simmons lineups without JoJo. Just score
76ers Continue To Seek Major Trade To Boost Title Odds

The comments are interesting as it's clear that Simmons does not get the respect he deserves.

Larry Nance is an interesting trade target I did not hear too much about. I don't know how available he is, but he covers the basis of what we need from a backup big.
Nance has an improved 3 pt shot but you wouldn’t guard him out there especially in the playoffs. Someone like Muscala whos avg at best just has the reputation to not leave open. Our issue is that our bench doesn’t have any reputation outside of Shake, so guys will help off. Hopefully Joe will continue to jack up 3s and become that as Kork couldn’t

Yeah...the idea to heaving to rely on Kork and Green to make 3s in the playoffs is scary.

Maybe someone like Patty Mills would be ideal. He can handle the ball, make 3s, can get you a few assists and isn't a liability on defence.

Get George Hill in here for the second unit, Maxey is going to be good but I don't think Doc will trust him come playoff time. Take Furks minutes away and give them all to Joe for the rest of the regular season. I think Dwight is OK as the backup but I hate that he has to share the floor with someone like Matisse who seems like another dead end on offense. Anyways, I think they'll have it all sorted out by playoff time.

Doc already said Joe is taking Kork minutes. Kork only played because the refs were trash yesterday. Tisse got 3 touch fouls in 1 minute and had to come out

Back
Top Bottom