2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

I don't either but the narrative of Richaun Holmes being equally as effective as Nerlens and Jahlil is gonna consistently be brought up

I think he is an overall better player than Jahlil TBH and a the perfect back up center to Embiid

Okafor is a starter on a 6th-8th seed team IMO

Well, at least the logjam is cleared up for the time being.

Now Saric and Richaun have time to shine while Embiid and Simmons sit out the rest of the year.

Didn't catch the game tonight but I see Oak had 28 pts and 10 rebs in 29 minutes..he was also a +3..I guess it's a step in the right direction or great showcasing for his next team.

Didn't catch the game tonight but I see Oak had 28 pts and 10 rebs in 29 minutes..he was also a +3..I guess it's a step in the right direction or great showcasing for his next team.

Knicks are horrible against centers so any good GM isn't putting much stock in this game but there are pretty bad GM's in the NBA

On the Daily fantasy site I go on the Knicks are the 5th best team against centers in the league.(that's fantasy point wise). And I know Noah is still out but I been hearing Hernangomez was out playing him anyway.

Those stats are cool but guess what...we lost lol. We always lose when Oak has a "good" game

I didn't see the game so I can't comment on his play but I'm sure he played okay with 28 and 10..and a +3..and this loss probably not on him.

I didn't see the game so I can't comment on his play but I'm sure he played okay with 28 and 10..and a +3..and this loss probably not on him.

Lol to be fair i aint see it either but i cant remember a game this season that we won that Oak had great stats in

he played well but the Knicks are horrible against centers

he is a starting center on a 6th-8th seed

poor man's Blake

Blake who? griffin..He's nothing like Blake griffin..Jah can barley jump..He can't sniff Blake passing ability and Can't hit that foul line mid range jumper like Blake..only thing they have in common is they both are horrible defenders.blake mostly due to short arms..He's more in that Zach Randolph mold but zach can actually shoot jumpers.

Well I don't even think Blake is that good lol like he's talented but better off as a 3rd option (like Love).

Still think Jah can be a good player

Im speaking comparison wise jah and Blake aren't from the same mold..Blake due to his athleticism at his size actually fits really well into today's NBA..and I agree he may not be the leading guy on a championship team but he's still very good.

I'm still in favor of keeping Okafor for insurance. I've maintained that you needed to keep either Noel or Okafor for insurance because Embiid is likely to go down again and Holmes isn't a starter. He's a better rebounder than Okafor but he plays just as littte defense as Oak and can't even sniff his offensive skills

Your only gonna get a second rounder or so for Okafor and it weakens your bench

Last edited:
Holmes plays wayyyyy harder on defense than Oak bruh

He just has mental lapses off ball & puts himself into bad spots at times. But his on ball defense is way better than Oak

Last edited:
I watched a replay of the game on Sunday and even though Oak had himself a decent night, he still doesn't do the little things that will win games. If he's out of position for a rebound, he doesn't fight his way to get into position, he surrenders and starts moving to the other side of the court. But even when he does that, he is always the last person to reach the other side. I don't think I've ever seen him actually run. He casually jogs all game. If Oak had half of Holme's motor, he would be so much more effective.

He started moving the ball a little better so there is improvement from that side, he also brings up the ball from time to time and starts the movement. His pick and roll showed marginal improvement, but there were a few time I caught him just standing for the pic (doesn't get into the right position, just literally stands with his hands down).

Overall, this was one of his better games and I hope he continues those improvements no matter how slow or marginal it may be.

Okafor has a breathing/conditioning issue. Roco said that during an interview the other day

Simmons also had some kind of "minor" injection into his foot to speed up the bone growth/healing process. Should resume practice next week.

Back
Top Bottom