2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

Might as well be. I've been watching his summer league highlights today and even though they were against scrubs, Ben was looking real nice.

I can't believe our lineup next year has the potential to look like this:

C: Embiid
PF: Ilyasova
SF: Tatum
SG: Fultz
PG: Simmons

Bench:
Oak, Saric, whatever we get for Noel, Sauce and crew.

This team should be playing for a final four, not a playoff spot. lol I just hope Colangelo doesn't screw this up.

Last edited:
Yeah I hope we keep Ersan in Philly, he has definitely been a pleasant surprise

Yeah I hope we keep Ersan in Philly, he has definitely been a pleasant surprise

I love him and he's the perfect fit next to Embiid at the 4. Dude is gonna end up getting PAID after the year he's having. I just hope we don't end up throwing him in with Okafor or Noel in a trade this year to get a better return back...

Ersan is awesome. Didn't know he had that grit in him.

On another bright note, I really liked what I saw from Luwawu last night. He has the tools to become a really productive player in this league.

I like TLC. He can be a Courtney Lee kinda player off the bench for us
they need to actually give him more minutes. With Hollis being waived that should open up some time for him but Covingtons minutes need to be severely reduced and given to stauskas and TLC

I long for the day when we have wings good enough to where Covington is either off the team or only getting 10 mins or so off the bench

With the Narlens/ Oak trade plus the up coming draft, I don't think this will be a problem passed this summer.

I'd be throwing everything at the Bulls(minus Simmons and embiid)if I were the sixers. Noel or ohkafor(whichever they like), plus this years Lakers first round plus a 1 in 2018, and I guess some other bums to match salary. That way we keep our first rounder that we can switch with Sac if necessary, and get another young piece

Last edited:
Meh I'd rather keep the picks and build through the draft, sign a big free agent in a year or two if even necessary

Yeah. Getting Butler means getting into win now mode. we are far from that. Sixers should be patient and rebuild through the draft. We have the luxury of waiting out LeBron's prime. lol

Yeah. Getting Butler means getting into win now mode. we are far from that. Sixers should be patient and rebuild through the draft. We have the luxury of waiting out LeBron's prime. lol

That is the good thing...when we're legitimately turning into a contender in three years LeBron will be 35 years old

Meh I'd rather keep the picks and build through the draft, sign a big free agent in a year or two if even necessary
He's a proven player vs the chance of getting a bust in the draft. Also as for feee agency, it's somewhat weak the next 2 years. The best players over the next 2 years are Blake griffin, Steph curry and KD, none of which we are getting

That thinking is the exact opposite of what the Sixers have been doing the last 3 years. We will continue on building through the draft much like GS and OKC. We never banked in nabbing big free agents because our stars will be home grown. What we need is to sign good veterans and quality role players. We don't need to look at the KDs of the world, we need to be looking at the Otto Porters to complement our core.

He's a proven player vs the chance of getting a bust in the draft. Also as for feee agency, it's somewhat weak the next 2 years. The best players over the next 2 years are Blake griffin, Steph curry and KD, none of which we are getting

I don't want a proven player now that could affect the growth of the young guys

let Embiid, Simmons, Dario and whatever comes from the draft grow together

This is from the Ringer article about a potential trade for CJ.

What do you guys think of this?

"If Bryan Colangelo is finally ready to cash in on Sam Hinkie’s assets, trading for McCollum would make sense. Here’s an idea to mull over: The Blazers send McCollum to the Sixers for Noel, the Sixers’ unprotected 2017 first, the Kings’ unprotected 2019 first, and multiple second-round picks. There would be financial kinks to work out because of the poison pill, but that would be the base offer. If you’re a Blazers fan, your first reaction is probably to click out of this article, but wait! A trade of this magnitude accomplishes two big things: In Noel they would have a young, elite rim protector who fits on both ends, and it would provide Portland general manager Neil Olshey with the flexibility to retool in a way more conducive to title hunting. The Blazers would probably say goodbye to the playoffs — as bad as Lillard and McCollum are together on D, the Blazers are even worse on defense when Lillard is on the floor without McCollum — but that’s kind of the point here. With three first-round picks in a stellar 2017 draft, Olshey would have tons of ammo to put them in the conversation for superstar trades. If they kept those picks, they could find players that are better fits alongside Lillard, like Washington combo-guard Markelle Fultz or Duke forward Jayson Tatum.

It would be a difficult deal for Philly to make, but McCollum is exactly what the Sixers should look for to pair with Simmons, who will be the de facto point guard, anyway. McCollum is an outstanding shooter, hitting over 40 percent of his spot-up 3s for four consecutive seasons, per SportVU. When the ball is in his hands, his fast-twitch movements allow him to create space for his lethal pull-up jumper. Plus, when Lillard is out, he’s capable of much more as a lead creator. In 11 games without Lillard, McCollum averages 28.4 points, 5.6 assists, and 4.9 rebounds, which are pretty rare numbers (via StatMuse). A core of McCollum, Embiid, Simmons, and Dario Saric would set them up for a long run of potential success with four dynamic players all 25 or younger. With cap space and assets, Philadelphia would soon become a free-agent destination, too. Transactions involving stars are always the most difficult to make, but sometimes they can be the right one."

Personally, I would say that's waaay too much for CJ. I do like the fit, but what happens if we land Fultz, Smith or Ball? then it would not fit at all.

However, if the trade were to go down, it would be Noel + Lakers top 3 protected pick + a couple of second round picks for CJ.

Full article here: https://theringer.com/the-nbas-midseason-arms-race-is-upon-us-158ff3ee2b86#.bc1c0hkbv

CJ is interesting, I just prefer to wait it out but he is only 25 and I don't think he would hinder the young guys development like Butler would

I agree and I would wait it out as well. We are in no hurry to do any trades. In fact, at this point, we may be better off waiting for the offseason to make moves unless the right one shows up.

Im not goving up that much for CJ even though i do think hes the perfect fir.

Dont trade any picks until we see what happens on draft night

Progress on Simmons...slow, but still good news:

The Sixers' practice court was energized on Tuesday when Ben Simmons suited up for his first five-on-none activity since injuring his foot in training camp.

“To even see him today go through five-on-zero stuff, not a lot, not at a hundred percent, but with us in a 76ers uniform, the gym got a lift, you could feel it,” Brett Brown said.

Simmons ran the point, according to Joel Embiid. The first overall pick entered the NBA as a point-forward, and Brown has said he intends to play Simmons at the one.

Brown described Simmons’ participation as “light script work” — going at 80 percent. It included passing, running plays and communicating.

“Albeit small, it’s the first time he’s done that and it was great to have him,” Brown said.

There is no timetable set for Simmons’ return. He joined the Sixers for his first road trip over their last two games in Boston and Brooklyn.

“It was good having him today,” Embiid said. “I remember the first time that I had a chance to be back and script with my teammates. I think he did a good job for someone who hasn’t been around. He knew the plays, and I was happy to be on the floor with him.”

And so another box is checked off in Simmons' recovery.

“I think everybody should just feel like today in our world, and certainly in the program’s world, the city’s world, was a good day having him back," Brown said.

I wish TJ would develop more of a shot, because I like him as a bench player to come in and act like a little pest. He also needs to work on his defense but if he could shoot, he be getting solid minutes on this team. I like him more than Rodriguez

Back
Top Bottom