2018 Air Jordan 1 High OG Shadow

The game royals I received are plush on the side panels and toe box. They feel more roomy once they’re broken in.

I kind of prefer when the black leather is sort of stiff like the 2016 banneds or 2017 royals.
Exactly. My shadows have black leather already wrinkled out f the box. The black on my Banned pair is unchanged after multiple wears. In an era where creasing is a big deal for many, i don’t understand why people want the entire shoe to be soft.

I got multiple pairs so I was able to check out and compare each one. Some had a more puffy ankle padding (seems like it) and was tumbled and wrinkly. Others seem to feel less thick up top at the ankle and wasn't as tumbled, more of a flat leather plastic look with not really much wrinkles and tumble-ness. Did any of you guys notice that? I'm not sure what most of you guys prefer, but the tumbled/wrinkly thicker ankle padding one was pretty impressive...I think they feel better than my bred toe 1s and royal 1s but slightly under shattered backboards. I must be going insane, but I swear the pair with the puffier tumble padding leather on the ankle felt heavier in hand than the non-tumbled pair, gave it more of a premium feel.
this right here is some deep ****. :rofl:

I would never notice any of this on my sneakers. No shade to you at all. I just don't notice as much as most. I can tell the difference between 2013 chicago's vs. the stuff that came out after, of course. A person with no arms and eyes can even see the difference, but man, you guys are some serious inspectors.

Just read that the J1 came out a couple of months before the Dunk. My bad, I was born in 85 sl I don't have explicit knowledge of release dates back then with out google.

Is that story true that the Jordan 1 was actually designed for Georgetown since they didn’t want to have the same shoe as the other Nike schools? But they thought the J1 was too similar to the dunk and went with the Terminator instead?

2013’s -vs- 2018’s
297031BD-CFDB-4E1C-BF48-FE5C776A7322.jpeg

A5EEDE51-B302-455E-86E6-4D18B43B42BD.jpeg
the right one of the 2013 looks like it has a fatter swoosh than the 2018

Nah. They pull from the same stock, but are two different entities.

Cool, thanks. One more question, does it take awhile for Eastbay and FTL to even send confirmation of the order? I got a confirmation # when I ordered and my credit cards been hit, but no sort of email fromEB. I closed the window on my computer and lost the #

I just meant regarding the comment on comfort. Some would consider Dunks more comfortable.
Cool read (Googled as well): https://news.nike.com/news/inside-access-the-iconic-nike-dunk-turns-30

Something about the insole in J1s... it was a night and day difference for me, but I haven't wore Dunks in years. SB lows are pretty plush tho, especially the ones with the fat tongue. AF1s are probably the most uncomfortable sneaker. Never going back to those... also that was the same article I found.

SNKRS wouldnt cart for 12 or 12.5.
Carted a 12 manual on desktop at about 9:12am, but had to update my password for the site.
So I decided to update it while waiting to check out.
Well when the site refreshed it removed the shoes from my freaking cart.
I felt like a real ******* after that.

Thankfully I carted manual on my tablet around 9:15am on the same site.
Logged in with my new password once the checkout screen came up but had to change my billing and shipping address.
Put my CC number in wrong and the order didn't process.
Now I'm worrying about getting cart jacked.
Corrected the CC number and submitted the order.
About 15sec later got the confirmation screen and order number.
Order history didn't initially show an order received and I hadn't got a confirmation email but my bank account showed a charge.
Order history eventually updated and I received email confirmation.
Today was a good day!

SNKRS wouldnt cart for 12 or 12.5.
Carted a 12 manual on desktop at about 9:12am, but had to update my password for the site.
So I decided to update it while waiting to check out.
Well when the site refreshed it removed the shoes from my freaking cart.
I felt like a real ******* after that.

Thankfully I carted manual on my tablet around 9:15am on the same site.
Logged in with my new password once the checkout screen came up but had to change my billing and shipping address.
Put my CC number in wrong and the order didn't process.
Now I'm worrying about getting cart jacked.
Corrected the CC number and submitted the order.
About 15sec later got the confirmation screen and order number.
Order history didn't initially show an order received and I hadn't got a confirmation email but my bank account showed a charge.
Order history eventually updated and I received email confirmation.
Today was a good day!
Nice!

Back
Top Bottom