2018 Golden Globe Awards Thread January 7 NBC

i'm not really sure how i feel about them celebrating Tonya Harding.
Like she did do that **** (well, had it done) why are we cheering on a movie about her
a room full of people preaching about empowering women, yet a woman that went as far as hobbling her competitor gets a movie made about her and gets to attend the awards show clapping and smiling like it's all good

Last edited:
James Franco and that whole crew low key the new elitists of Hollywood

Sonned the reason of his win on stage

Natalie Portman was gettin spicey :lol:

I'm all for women's equality, but a lot these feminists are only fighting for white women. **** was all cool when POC weren't getting nominations... >D

Fam said
giphy.webp

Damn I bailed on seeing Darkest Hour and Ladybird today.

Gotta catch em before the end of the week.

I'm all for gender equality and making a workplace safe for all races / sexes but if this is what all awards shows are going to be like in the near future moving forward I'm just going to turn them off. Overkill. Where were all these women before who knew this type of disgusting behavior was going on? Sitting in those same seats laughing at comedians making jokes about their plight but knew if they spoke up it would affect their pockets. Now that it is all out in the open all these women want to take a public stance.

To piggyback off of it I found it absurd to name a woman that allegedly started the #MeToo movement 10 years ago.

I'm like 10 years ago? Women been being sexually abused and harassed for millennia. For decades upon decades in the entertainment business.

Like how do you just decide which woman first spoke out and named attackers and got ignored?

I don't think Greta is that good but her work is worth checking out.
I dont think shes in the movie as actor, she was the director for Lady Bird which was also her debut. The movie was ok but reviewers made it seem like it was the greatest coming of age movie ever

Also i need the results of who & what won. Seems like some BS won this year...

Back
Top Bottom