2019-20 New York Jets season thread. 1-4 (10/21 vs NE MNF)

it really sucks that we more than doubled our win total from last year & couldn't get in the playoffs but there were some positives:

- Marshall & Decker will be one of the top WR duos for the next few years.
- We put up pretty good offensive numbers while almost never using a TE. Jace Amaro being healthy next season will open things up even more.
- Bilal Powell looks like a legit RB. (I guess holding on to him for 3 years paid off :lol:)
- Leo Will & Lorenzo Mauldin look like players on defense for years to come.
- Pryor playing his natural position did wonders for him & will be one of the top safeties in the league for a long time.

the negatives:

- We still need a QB. Fitz is ok as a stopgap but we're not gonna make any noise until we find "the guy"
- Quick RB's killed our slow LB's. Nowadays it seems like every team has a RB like James White who can make things happen out of the backfield & our LB's can't do anything about it.
- Our OL is aging quick. Brick & Mangold have been great for years but their best football is behind them.
- It seems like we abandoned the run in the RZ towards the end of the season. Marsh & Deck are awesome but punch it in with the bruising RB we have.

I was also very impressed with Marcus Williams, Skrine and Gilchrist. Cromartie tho
mean.gif
he's gone anyway. I'm sure he knows it too. lol

Anyone see the report stating that we're looking into drafting a QB withing the first 2 rounds? thoughts?

I think we have other holes to worry about, especially if we retain Fitz plus we still have Petty learning the system

I was also very impressed with Marcus Williams, Skrine and Gilchrist. Cromartie tho :smh:

he's gone anyway. I'm sure he knows it too. lol

Anyone see the report stating that we're looking into drafting a QB withing the first 2 rounds? thoughts?
I think we have other holes to worry about, especially if we retain Fitz plus we still have Petty learning the system

Haven't seen those reports but I don't think they'll go QB again (so early at least). Gotta go either RB, O-Line or LB w/ speed with that 20th pick.

Solid season, but can't help but to be disappointed with the way it ended. There's a lot of potential moving forward, but a lot of issues need to be addressed.

• Fitzpatrick isn't the guy moving forward. Sure, he knows Chan Gaily's offense, but there's a lot of things he can't do for us
  • We need to beef up our offensive line. It used to be a staple on our offense, but many of our leaders are getting older
  • Linebacker unit needs more speed and athleticism
  • Slot receiver to complement Marshall and Decker
  • Tight End position hurt us all season long. Enunwa isn't the guy moving forward
  • I liked Ivory this season, but I can't imagine he gives us the same output in production two years in a row
  • Cromartie was a warrior for us during his time here. But we need to look at someone else younger to fill his role

Looking at who we're playing next season we definitely need to address the Oline

Amaro coming back can make or break our season

in terms of free agency:

1. sign Mo Wilk. That broken leg was the worse thing that can happen to him. Poor guy wanted to display his leadership by not holding out, but by doing so, risked his chance of something like this happening. He'll still command top dollar but I can see teams backing away slightly, when it comes to giving him max dollars. 

2. sign Snacks. this is imperative. He's been a consistent monster vs. the run. Always at the top of the NFL rankings and still in the middle of his prime. We've had opportunities in the past to sign him long term however we chose to sign his RFA tender instead. He's an important piece in the line. 

3. explore options at RB. After Chris Ivory's big year he's probably going to command a good amount, however in todays game - RBs are expendable. I wouldn't do a 3-4 yr contract for Ivory (although I do like the way he runs). Bilal Powell is intriguing. I always thought he was just a mediocre back but this season, he was a difference maker for a handful of games. It will be interesting to see what Maccagnan will do when it comes to Powell.

4. Fitz should be back. Everyone knows he's only a stopgap QB however he proved this year that he deserves a contract with our team. Cap friendly lets hope though

id be happy of we go 8-8 whats tough is the team is going to look so diffrent with a good amount of players on the lasy year of there deal. anyome catch boomer and carton willie colon was on and talking abou the whole fiasco :smh: this could of been our year in a banged up afc

Looking at who we're playing next season we definitely need to address the Oline

Amaro coming back can make or break our season

O line must be upgraded. Same with the RB.

I'll stick with my usual 6 win prediction. They really dropped the ball this year :smh:

Last edited by a moderator:
i love Ivory but i wouldn't be mad letting him walk depending on how much $$ he wants. He started out hot but really slowed down the 2nd half of the season.

Is Amaro actually that good? I don't see the hype...

he's sure as hell better than Cumberland/Davis :lol:

Last edited:
Is Amaro actually that good? I don't see the hype...

He was productive in college but there is 1 red flag. He has small hands so he has a tendency to drop catch-able balls. Other than that he is an above average receiving TE in terms of athleticism. His hands are a main reason why he fell to the Jets where they got him.

But like someone mentioned, we had what 7 receptions by a TE according to the gamecast on Sunday. Even I was shocked, that's just unacceptable.

If Browns release Josh Gordon Jets should try to pick him up. With Marshall and decker think he would get his act together.

Browns wont give up easily on Flash. His rec yards record are incredible. Great receiver. Dude just needs to lay of the weed 

Last edited:
Solid season, but can't help but to be disappointed with the way it ended. There's a lot of potential moving forward, but a lot of issues need to be addressed.

• Fitzpatrick isn't the guy moving forward. Sure, he knows Chan Gaily's offense, but there's a lot of things he can't do for us
  • We need to beef up our offensive line. It used to be a staple on our offense, but many of our leaders are getting older
  • Linebacker unit needs more speed and athleticism
  • Slot receiver to complement Marshall and Decker
  • Tight End position hurt us all season long. Enunwa isn't the guy moving forward
  • I liked Ivory this season, but I can't imagine he gives us the same output in production two years in a row
  • Cromartie was a warrior for us during his time here. But we need to look at someone else younger to fill his role

Fitz is the answer for another year, maybe two. By 2017 hopefully Petty may be ready to give it a go. This upcoming draft it wouldn't hurt to go QB in the mid/later rounds if the value is there.

O-Line definitely needs to get younger. Could be a smart option to go with the #20 pick. And the LB's must get faster.

Chan's offense doesn't get much use of the TE's, but yeah, 8 catches total between the two of them is crazy talk :lol: . Amaro and Sudfeld returning > Davis and Cumberland. Enunwa isn't a TE per say, but he showed while being able to make some grabs, his blocking is sufficient enough to get starts.

Ivory is the man, but like nickmaz said, I wouldn't be all that sad if he left. He definitely slowed down the 2nd half of the season. Bilal is that smaller back that can handle the pass and burst. A few mocks have us looking at Elliott with the 20th pick, could be a nice replacement for Ivory.

Cro definitely has to go, or at best, take a pay cut if he's gonna stay and accept a depth role. He can't start for us anymore. I'll pay for Milliner's flight out of Florham Park.

An ideal world I'd love to hang onto Mo AND Snacks, but it may come down to one or the other. Snacks might be the best NT in the game, but Mo gives us more of an option against both the run and pass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom