2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
ff0cd78b27064cd4ba80f874473fbff8.jpg

24283223_1.jpg

Notice who is standing up in the background?

843d0632047259e23594b908c3170eb4.jpg

It's Mike Dunleavy Sr.

353470_original.jpg

Jordan never forgets. He's so obsessed with holding a grudge, that he even invents fake conflicts in his mind to spark his rage fuel 🔥⛽ But this was very real and very, very personal.

Screenshot_20210106-021957~2.png

Last edited:
Notice who is standing up in the background?

It's Mike Dunleavy Sr.

Jordan never forgets. He's so obsessed with holding a grudge, that he even invents fake conflicts in his mind to spark his rage fuel 🔥⛽ But this was very real and very, very personal.
Mike went off on the NBA players after that game, but I'm sure he still remembered it in 1991.

Mike went off on the NBA players after that game, but I'm sure he still remembered it in 1991.

Thanks for posting this. I have seen it before and it was very good. One of the things that I realized about consuming sports entertainment is that it's soap opera for men.
What a dramatic plot twist where Bobby Knight, who is really a villian, becomes the hero as he holds onto the basketball, thus delaying the game.

Dunleavy put his finger in Jordan's eye. What's really unsettling is Horace Grant in an interview telling of how he was mentored by Bulls teammate Charles Oakley, who suggested sharpening your fingernails before a game, as a way to gain an advantage on your opponent.

Whether Oakley or Grant used this tactic has never been admitted publicly, as it doesn't leave a good impression. But the fact that Horace even brought it up leaves me to believe that this was infact practiced at some point.

Charles_Oakley_Lipofskydotcom-12629.jpg

I also believe that this tactic of sharpening your finger nails, if real, had been going on before Oakley got to the NBA.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I have seen it before and it was very good. One of the things that I realized about consuming sports entertainment is that it's soap opera for men.
What a dramatic plot twist where Bobby Knight, who is really a villian, becomes the hero as he holds onto the basketball, thus delaying the game.

Dunleavy put his finger in Jordan's eye. What's really unsettling is Horace Grant in an interview told of how how he and Bulls former teammate Charles Oakley practiced sharpening his fingernails before the game
Who sharpened their nails before which game?

Who sharpened their nails before which game?
I'll clarify it and probably make an edit. In the interview with Horace Grant, he spoke of how when he joined the Bulls in 87-88 season, Charles Oakley taught him certain tactics to gain an advantage on your opponent. Horace mentioned that Oakley suggested that sharpening your fingernails before the game would give you an advantage. 🥺

Whether Charles did this or Horace did this as well is unknown. As it is not something you would publicly want to admit, because it sounds bad.

The interview is on youtube. I may go look for it now.

ef2e143c08e85581a69b4c421b63bc1a.jpg

*Dennis Rodman's tactics 😂💅 he would paint his first 🤣

Last edited:
I'll clarify it and probably make an edit. In the interview with Horace Grant, he spoke of how when he joined the Bulls in 87-88 season, Charles Oakley taught him certain tactics to gain an advantage on your opponent. Horace mentioned that Oakley suggested that sharpening your fingernails before the game would give you an advantage. 🥺

Whether Charles did this or Horace did this as well is unknown. As it is not something you would publicly want to admit, because it sounds bad.

The interview is on youtube. I may go look for it now.

ef2e143c08e85581a69b4c421b63bc1a.jpg

*Dennis Rodman's tactics 😂💅 he would paint his first 🤣
I see. I wasn’t sure if you meant in a game where Dunleavy was a player, for payback, or what LOL

I see. I wasn’t sure if you meant in a game where Dunleavy was a player, for payback, or what LOL

I do strongly believe that defeating Dunleavy, Magic and the Laker's in 1991 was definitely part of Jordan's retaliation for what Dunleavy had done to him in 1984. No doubt that was on Jordan's mind. Jordan is a narcissist and narcissists never forget.

Screenshot_20210106-000717~2.png

Screenshot_20200713-023821~2.png

Last edited:
I do strongly believe that defeating Dunleavy, Magic and the Laker's in 1991 was definitely part of Jordan's retaliation for what Dunleavy had done to him in 1984. No doubt that was on Jordan's mind. Jordan is a narcissist and narcissists never forget.

Screenshot_20210106-000717~2.png

Screenshot_20200713-023821~2.png
I have seen this injury what happened? Broken toe?

I have seen this injury what happened? Broken toe?

I'll have to go back and look, but from I recall, in Game 4, Magic stepped on Jordan's right toe, causing injury for both of them. Magic ended up limping away as well!

The Bulls medical staff then sliced open the toebox on Jordan's right sneaker, so his bandaged digit wouldn't rub against the inside of the sneaker, thus causing more pain.

When I saw this game again last spring, the camera kept zooming in on the split sneaker and it appeared like Ahmad Rashad (Jordan's close friend) was hyping up the sneaker itself, like a commercial.

It felt like an advertisement, but at the same time having a sneaker you're trying to sell and having it not protect your toes, when Jordan had requested a 'clear toe' instead of the extra layering like the AJ5, didn't seem like a good idea in retrospect.

But visually the AJ6 looks like nothing we had ever seen before. I'll post this again:

469ac7aa4d6f3c766fcdf7e840584b42.jpg

Michael Jordan looks like he's from another planet. Compare his uniform and sneakers to Magic, who still looks like he's in the 1980's, whereas Jordan looks futuristic and dangerous af like a red & black scorpion.

Screenshot_20201026-001300~2.png

1991-06-12-Gm-5-v-LAL-1991-NBA-Finals-Michael-Jordan-dunk-NBAE-Andrew-Bernstein.jpg

401a399989a4196890135bc25b70909b_original.jpg

He changed sports fashion forever.

Last edited:
The toe injury took place in late game 3. He landed weird on a jumpshot and jammed his toe. In game 4, he tried the split toe shoe. Didnt like it due to lack of support. So he changed back to a regular shoe during that Game 4.
qcuttiulhniu0pnhm6h9.jpg

Thanks for the clarification 👍 what about Magic stepping on it? That was perhaps AFTER it was injured? Magic playing dirty lol
Yes, I remember that Jordan didn't like playing with it split open and he switched to a fresh pair.

If Magic stepped on it, it was completely incidental. That could have happened but I really do not remember.

I'll have to go back and look, but from I recall, in Game 4, Magic stepped on Jordan's right toe, causing injury for both of them. Magic ended up limping away as well!

The Bulls medical staff then sliced open the toebox on Jordan's right sneaker, so his bandaged digit wouldn't rub against the inside of the sneaker, thus causing more pain.

When I saw this game again last spring, the camera kept zooming in on the split sneaker and it appeared like Ahmad Rashad (Jordan's close friend) was hyping up the sneaker itself, like a commercial.

It felt like an advertisement, but at the same time having a sneaker you're trying to sell and having it not protect your toes, when Jordan had requested a 'clear toe' instead of the extra layering like the AJ5, didn't seem like a good idea in retrospect.

But visually the AJ6 looks like nothing we had ever seen before. I'll post this again:

469ac7aa4d6f3c766fcdf7e840584b42.jpg

Michael Jordan looks like he's from another planet. Compare his uniform and sneakers to Magic, who still looks like he's in the 1980's, whereas Jordan looks futuristic and dangerous af like a red & black scorpion.

Screenshot_20201026-001300~2.png

1991-06-12-Gm-5-v-LAL-1991-NBA-Finals-Michael-Jordan-dunk-NBAE-Andrew-Bernstein.jpg

401a399989a4196890135bc25b70909b_original.jpg

He changed sports fashion forever.
Damn man this was super legit answer I appreciate you replying. Man ain't that the truth he look a million time different than anyone else. Tinker made his feet shine so much, Tinker was cool before anyone knew what cool was lol. Mike styled them like no one else could everyone wanted to replicate MJ lmao.

If Magic stepped on it, it was completely incidental. That could have happened but I really do not remember.

But you have a great memory. I'm trying to recall what I re-watched last June lol. I'm consuming (and purchasing) more Jordan product than I did during peak Jordan Era in 1992.

Damn man this was super legit answer I appreciate you replying. Man ain't that the truth he look a million time different than anyone else. Tinker made his feet shine so much, Tinker was cool before anyone knew what cool was lol. Mike styled them like no one else could everyone wanted to replicate MJ lmao.

I think there is a quote out there by Phil Knight, co-founder of Nike, who said Tinker, not Michael Jordan, saved Nike Inc.

1987-1997, maybe '98 with the AJ14, was a sneaker renaissance that may never be duplicated (even though the AJ1 is their best selling Jordan of all time, but that may also have to do with cost production and that the sneaker first appeared in 1985, giving it a head start)

But you have a great memory. I'm trying to recall what I re-watched last June lol. I'm consuming (and purchasing) more Jordan product than I did during peak Jordan Era in 1992.
Really no. My memory is stemmed from watching my DVD set of all 5 games a few years ago. I was 10 when this all happened originally. And yes I watched all those games to then. I just lacked complete understanding of what anything at all meant. I just loved the Bulls at that time. :rofl:

Really no. My memory is stemmed from watching my DVD set of all 5 games a few years ago. I was 10 when this all happened originally. And yes I watched all those games to then. I just lacked complete understanding of what anything at all meant. I just loved the Bulls at that time. :rofl:
What dvd set do you have?

As someone who has owned both the 2000 FR 5 and 2000 Infrareds, as well as the 2019 Infrareds and this year's FR 5's, I think people have a rosy view of the earlier retros. I'd probably choose the 2000 FR 5 over the 2020 just cause the tongue was WAY better, had the course material that was more like the og's. The 2020 is still a great retro.

For the Infareds, I'm sticking with the 2019's all day. Easily. The shape isn't perfect but it's still much better than the 2000. The shade if red is closer to the og, and the lack of 3m on the 2000 just kills it. It's almost as bad as the 2001 bred 11's not having white edges on the patent leather. Plus, the 2000 cracked after about 10 years. The 2019 will unlikely crack , and even if it does it will last way longer.

The newer 11's are better than the 2000's as well.

leather on the 2020 5’s kills the fake leather on the 2000 retro 5s

Back
Top Bottom