2024 NFL Draft Thread

I’m always of the mindset if the guy is legit, then him being 20, 22, or 24 doesn’t matter. The main goal is to get a franchise player, even if you would have them for two less years.

Penix’s negatives I keep hearing about are that he’s injury prone (was at Indiana), and decision-making/or is he a system QB. We’ve heard all those things about a lot of NFL success stories.

For a QB it isn’t a huge deal, since guys are playing into their mid 30s or later at that position

but it could work out better for him because then he’ll go to a better spot.. whoever the young QB is you don’t want to kill their confidence behind a crap oline or with zero light options in the passing game and they’re questioning everything and their eyes are going certain places first

Falcons need to be best friends with the bears, either for Fields or the pick if they can swing it. It’s obvious the falcons need a damn quarterback. If its not Fields, Caleb or Penix, they should get Russ from Denver, at least he won’t turnover the ball at the rate of Heineke or Ridder.

Tell me this:

Bears only have to exercise Fields’ fifth-year option, what if they draft Caleb and sit him behind Fields next year?

Then they can figure out if Fields is good or not, and if not still have Caleb. Trade the other, regardless the return you’ll have a quarterback either way.

Then they can figure out if Fields is good or not, and if not still have Caleb. Trade the other, regardless the return you’ll have a quarterback either way.
if he’s bad then you basically get nothing in return for Fields. He’ll walk into free agency.

With Field’s playing well the last few weeks, his value is as high as it can be in terms of a trade asset right now.

if he’s bad then you basically get nothing in return for Fields. He’ll walk into free agency.

With Field’s playing well the last few weeks, his value is as high as it can be in terms of a trade asset right now.
I know but how much do you care if you have Caleb? I think the risk-reward of having both is better than thinking of a diminished return for Fields, when in that scenario you’d also have Caleb Williams.

The main goal for everyone is to get a quarterback.

Tell me this:

Bears only have to exercise Fields’ fifth-year option, what if they draft Caleb and sit him behind Fields next year?

ZERO PERCENT chance of that happening. ZEROOOOOOOO

Do you worry at all about supposed injuries and that concern? I like him 5x more than Anthony Richardson and that was one of his concerns.

No. Changed his game up. He doesn't run like he did at IU and he'll have KOC, great WR corps and solid pass protection. Releases the ball quick with precision...he's tailor-made for the Vikes currently.

I’m a one-track man and his name is Penix, at 11.

O’Neill would be his blindside you could do worse. And Darrisaw at LT.

Alt/Fashanu or Nabers. That’s my pick for us at 7. I’m hoping it’s a run on QBs early to push the stud blue chip tackles down the board some.

1. Chi (from Car)
2. Wash
3. NE
4. Ari
5. LAC
6. NYG
7. Tenn
8. ATL
9. Chi
10. NYJ
11. Minn
12. Den
13. LV
14. NO
15. Indy
16. Sea
17. Jax
18. Cinn
19. LAR
20. Pitt
21. Mia
22. Phi
23. Hou (from Clev)
24. Dal

Eagles:

22 or higher) CB hopefully or safety

first 2nd) safety or LB

second 2nd) safety or LB

As a Vikes fan I really like the possibility of getting Daniels, even if we have to trade up

Would be ok with an edge

NO CORNERS

Could see the top 3 QB’s go with the first 3 picks. I doubt any of those teams trade out unless its a crazy offer.

Back
Top Bottom