2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I feel like the hype is gonna die off here soon. I honestly should feel ashamed I was happy to get the above pair for retail, knowing that years ago these would have been a $45 hash wall pick up. I reallt hope none of these shoes are worth **** here in the future just so we can see who here are the real collectors and wearers of theirs and not just folks buying **** like a grade school investment project.

I feel like the hype is gonna die off here soon. I honestly should feel ashamed I was happy to get the above pair for retail, knowing that years ago these would have been a $45 hash wall pick up. I reallt hope none of these shoes are worth **** here in the future just so we can see who here are the real collectors and wearers of theirs and not just folks buying **** like a grade school investment project.
I like to consider myself a true collector but I also hope some of what I’ve picked up over the years becomes worth something (nothing crazy where talking a few grand at most) just because I know one day I won’t be able to do all this anymore and plan to give it all to my daughter to sell or do what she wants with it obviously I hope shes into kicks and keeps them but wouldn’t be the least bit upset if the sells them all honestly they may all become worthless by then who knows

I mean I feel you I dont think any of us want our collections to amount to nothing, but I am also the type that actually wears most of my shoes and plan on wearing most of my collection at some point... meaning, I cop to wear. If I end up sitting on a pair and they end up being valuable then I probably would sell em because at the end of the day I only buy stuff I plan on wearing (except for those ugly *** Travis Scott 1s).

My plan/hopes were to pass all my kicks down to my son when he got older, that’s even what he wanted… now all he wants to rock are roshes, and he wears an 8.5-9, while I’m a 13. Almost have a feeling he’s not my son 🤔

Damn

I do plan on passing down the shoes I know will last to my sons... so all J1s, 11s, 12s, and 13s, Dunks, AF1s will probably be kept for the most part so they can have their choices for the brief period they will be able to wear my size (already know they are gonna be bigger than me).

I've sold many of my old favorite SBs for a variety of reasons. Wearability (smooth soles, sockliner rips giving me blisters), not wanting to mess them up (sold the CLEANEST sea crystals I've ever seen in person and bought a dirtier pair instead to **** up; sold my tiff lows because I didn't want the swoosh to peel or oxidize), and tastes change. Or sometimes I've just gotten as much as I wanted out of that shoe and I sell or trade to make room for something else. I've been taking an inventory shot every year so you can see **** is always moving around for me. I started buying heavier in 2017 right after I got my first full time job but starting out as a 14 year old we always had to move what we had to get something else and that mindset has stuck with me.

Me and the wife already have a storage unit (not for my shoes, just for stuff in general), but I can use it for kicks if I want. And honestly, I’ll probably be doing so soon, and putting some of these pairs in there, as this sht definitely is taking up space. It doesn’t bother me at all, and it doesn’t bother her that much YET, but it’s not like I’ve given up buying new pairs, and after getting rid of a bunch of models I no longer wear, I’m at the stage where I’m not getting rid of anything anymore really.

So apparently the HUFs might be tear away, but under the leather. If this is the case, it’s weird, but interesting for sure.
4CA5C56C-E814-49C9-B098-64CA79B89240.jpeg

I’m team “SBs only” 99.9999999% of the time, but these are one of only like 10 non-SBs I’ve owned in my entire life, and they’re one of the best IMO. These and the Plums are the best of the Ugly Duckling pack IMO, but I have the (superior IMO) SB High version of the Plums.
986333AB-7D72-43D6-B91E-F9B2D540066A.jpeg

Kicking myself for passing on sb plum highs for 100 back in 2017 at flight club of all places 😭

Back
Top Bottom