2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Definitely will be.
Smallest my spot got was an 8.

Yes! Small sizes definitely available, but wont be as plentiful in many shops. The shop I was gonna go to told me they have down to 6. They have 6, 6.5, 8 on up ...but no 7 or 7.5. I was like WTH?!

Last edited:
So what's the retail on the Beijings? 

Actually, on that note, can someone explain to me how retail pricing on SBs work?  I've seen lows priced at 98 for retail, or 105, and highs for either 108, and some other price I can't remember.  Are these price differences usually indicative of discrepancies in quality? 

for lows its normally:
85 for regular lows
98 for premium/QS lows
105 for shop collabs

for highs:
95 for regular highs
108 for premium/QS
120 for shop collabs

for lows its normally:
85 for regular lows
98 for premium/QS lows
105 for shop collabs

for highs:
95 for regular highs
108 for premium/QS
120 for shop collabs
So are the more expensive SBs typically better quality? It's hard to tell from pictures and I don't really have means to check them out in person.  I'm under the impression that the SBs with "PRM" / a QS or store collab attached tend to be made with better materials.  Is this usually true?

So are the more expensive SBs typically better quality? It's hard to tell from pictures and I don't really have means to check them out in person.  I'm under the impression that the SBs with "PRM" / a QS or store collab attached tend to be made with better materials.  Is this usually true?
Quality is crap on all of em these days I feel. The lances are an exception to that, and before anyone cites somps or uprise, yeah they are nice but compared to the shoes a decade ago, they really are garbage.

Quality is crap on all of em these days I feel. The lances are an exception to that, and before anyone cites somps or uprise, yeah they are nice but compared to the shoes a decade ago, they really are garbage.
thats not what he's asking though...@theLtrain  soundin real old 
laugh.gif
 "when I was a kid..."

Last edited:

Usually but not always.

I do find for example quality on Florida lows and j pack wasn't all that great. They were all $85 lows or $95 highs.

The 105/120 price point doesn't necessarily mean better quality than the 98/108, usually just means a shop or some collab is involved.

But quartersnacks for example are 98 and ruckus are 105 and they're both collabs.

YOTH are great quality at 108, and premiers at 120 aren't necessarily any better. Somps were 120 and probably best of those 3 so the price doesn't necessarily differentiate quality between the two higher price points

Last edited:

I hear you but honestly a lot of these posts get old, that's a given that quality isn't what it was at this point. There's not much we can do besides stop buying but I still like the shoe style and color ways so I will continue buying them.

accounting for inflation the shoes are a little more expensive than back then, quality is way down but especially on shoes this cheap I can't complain.

I can't go back and buy all those brown orange silver pink boxes at retail and I'm not paying some of those prices nowadays so this is all a lot of us have.

It's better than jb and a lot of other nike quality at least and I have chosen to speak with my money more on that side which I think more people should do. They'll be upping quality next year but they're charging so much that I'm still sticking to sb.

It'll be interesting if we see this happen in SB too.

I can see where you're coming from with that.  Quality decline is definitely readily apparent in shoes such as retro Jordans.  However, I always figured that SBs would more or less be pretty consistent when it comes to execution.  Sure, perhaps these recent years haven't had as many eye-catching concepts or innovative use of materials, but when it comes to things such as shape I would assume that it'd be pretty stable.  Now, I haven't held or seen many SBs in person to form much of a valid opinion, but sometimes I get this impression that newer releases tend to be dismissed by consumers, maybe by this whole principle that "older (usually) is better."  Just curious, what's your reasoning behind the labeling of some of the as "garbage"? Are they not made out of genuine leather anymore or something? (Honest question, since again I haven't really held many SBs).  
Usually but not always.

I do find for example quality on Florida lows and j pack wasn't all that great. They were all $85 lows or $95 highs.

The 105/120 price point doesn't necessarily mean better quality than the 98/108, usually just means a shop or some collab is involved.

But quartersnacks for example are 98 and ruckus are 105 and they're both collabs.

YOTH are great quality at 108, and premiers at 120 aren't necessarily any better. Somps were 120 and probably best of those 3 so the price doesn't necessarily differentiate quality between the two higher price pointswould it be safe to say tha
That makes a lot of sense.  Much appreciated.  Makes sense that the collaborators would get a cut from the revenues.  So , about how many times out of 10 are the QS/ Collan releases made better than the regular releases?  

thats not what he's asking though...
Thanks, looks like I'll have to pay more attention to the labels attached as a guide for weeding out the comparatively crummy releases lol.

I hear you but honestly a lot of these posts get old, that's a given that quality isn't what it was at this point. There's not much we can do besides stop buying but I still like the shoe style and color ways so I will continue buying them.

accounting for inflation the shoes are a little more expensive than back then, quality is way down but especially on shoes this cheap I can't complain.

I can't go back and buy all those brown orange silver pink boxes at retail and I'm not paying some of those prices nowadays so this is all a lot of us have.

It's better than jb and a lot of other nike quality at least and I have chosen to speak with my money more on that side which I think more people should do. They'll be upping quality next year but they're charging so much that I'm still sticking to sb.

It'll be interesting if we see this happen in SB too.
Oh yes and you're right about jb. It just sucks that the quality has declined so much, what with glue spots and such.

I can see where you're coming from with that.  Quality decline is definitely readily apparent in shoes such as retro Jordans.  However, I always figured that SBs would more or less be pretty consistent when it comes to execution.  Sure, perhaps these recent years haven't had as many eye-catching concepts or innovative use of materials, but when it comes to things such as shape I would assume that it'd be pretty stable.  Now, I haven't held or seen many SBs in person to form much of a valid opinion, but sometimes I get this impression that newer releases tend to be dismissed by consumers, maybe by this whole principle that "older (usually) is better."  Just curious, what's your reasoning behind the labeling of some of the as "garbage"? Are they not made out of genuine leather anymore or something? (Honest question, since again I haven't really held many SBs).  
That makes a lot of sense.  Much appreciated.  Makes sense that the collaborators would get a cut from the revenues.  So , about how many times out of 10 are the QS/ Collan releases made better than the regular releases?  

Thanks, looks like I'll have to pay more attention to the labels attached as a guide for weeding out the comparatively crummy releases lol.

I think that's what he's getting at, the cuts of leather aren't as great or soft. LM for example that leather is so soft and that wouldn't necessarily be a rare thing back in the day, today everyone freaks out, same with euphoria nubuck on SOMP.

Awesome suedes, a lot of people also thought the execution of color ways was better.

I think that's what he's getting at, the cuts of leather aren't as great or soft. LM for example that leather is so soft and that wouldn't necessarily be a rare thing back in the day, today everyone freaks out, same with euphoria nubuck on SOMP.

Awesome suedes, a lot of people also thought the execution of color ways was better.
Agreed. The colorway execution is something I can see just by comparing the releases from the initial years of the Dunk SB line to modern time.  For me, I'm actually liking some of the newer colorways more than the older releases, simply because Nike's actually becoming a bit more conservative by churning out more neutral colorway SBs accented with some color instead of constantly going loud.  That said, my main concern would be materials usage.  Are the differences in leather really that noticeable?  What standards do you guys usually gauge leather quality with? Thickness & smoothness? 

Last edited:
Regardless if they aren't as great materials now as they used to be. Dunk GR materials NORMALLY destroy jordan retro garbage for half the price and sometimes on discount for a quarter of the price :wink:

Wonder if it was someone in here that won those DS spots for $70 shipped on eBay? I was watching them but forgot to put a bid on them smh lol

Regardless if they aren't as great materials now as they used to be. Dunk GR materials NORMALLY destroy jordan retro garbage for half the price and sometimes on discount for a quarter of the price
wink.gif
Very True.

In terms of quality, I'd put up any GR SB dunk vs any of the other GR's that Nike has at the moment. It makes sense because technically all of them have to be skatable (not a word lol).

Honestly I have had a decent number of SB's (around 30....which I know is nothing to some of you guys) and I've never said "the quality of this shoe is terrible". It's just good....or great.

Regardless if they aren't as great materials now as they used to be. Dunk GR materials NORMALLY destroy jordan retro garbage for half the price and sometimes on discount for a quarter of the price
wink.gif
No doubt about that! Retro Jordans have reached that point where its main consumers hardly care much for (or don't notice) the quality.  Just by the fact that we're in this thread, I'm pretty most of us who have collected Jordans have learned our lesson in buying JB products nowadays lol.  

Very True.

In terms of quality, I'd put up any GR SB dunk vs any of the other GR's that Nike has at the moment. It makes sense because technically all of them have to be skatable (not a word lol).

Honestly I have had a decent number of SB's (around 30....which I know is nothing to some of you guys) and I've never said "the quality of this shoe is terrible". It's just good....or great.
Maybe not just ANY of the other Nike GRs.  Nike Basketball has some pretty solid stuff still.  But then again, it's like comparing apples to oranges.  30 pairs as nothing? Psh.  I'll soon have my second pair of SBs, and when I get them I'll probably regret having dived into the whole collecting Air Jordans thing even more 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Rice, you can't just give us photos but no explanations to our questions!

What exactly are the lighter mid panels? Really tattered leather? What it is? How does it feel?

EDIT: Oh wait, ROFL sorry dude. I misunderstood. Thought you had a pair in hand. :lol:

Last edited:
If anyone knows anything about Ajax, wants the Cali Highs early, and isn't afraid of a potential order cancellation/site ban...shoot me a PM.

Don't want to disclose the site here just yet.

Back
Top Bottom