2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Why higher prices? (Directed towards Nike)

Silver boxes retailed for $65 in the early 2000's right?

With inflation, $65 then = $85 now

We're already paying more for lower quality. If SB was to hit us with that "remastered" JB crap while charging an arm and a leg I'd have to gracefully bow out the game.

This

I never get people complaining about price increases and quality

no one is forcing you to buy anything

Silver boxes were Nike's reintroduction into skateboarding, they knew they had to cater to a target price point which is why prices were at that level otherwise skaters and shops wouldn't have it

Nike's quality hit a low around 2006 then has gone back up especially when they remolded the Dunk for better fit in 2011

these were easily the worst quality pair of SB's ever produced IMO

Last edited:
Quality arguments, talks of inflation, and how shoes used to be ? Is this the JB section can someone link me to the sb thread ?

Last edited:
Man just give me some more Collabs so shops can get some exposure as well as that classic color blocking from the early 2000s with all leather and hits of suede.

lol

Everyone make sure you to reset your country choice for NDC and/or clear your browsing history after checking that link.

Where'd you even find that link, Manny? I don't see it on the co.jp Twitter account and it only has 6 total clicks.
how to i switch it? its stuck on Japanese

PLEASE, mine is trash right now
laugh.gif
But Dolph Ziggler is awesome tho.

Burnished Leather looks crazy, and I don't like brown shoes. Hopefully the thread cops so I can prop the pics.

I guess my view on quality is skewed because before all I focused on was AF1's...and they been terrible since 2000 lol. I appreciate the quality of today's releases...sure they not be the same as silver boxes, but they still damn good compared to every other Nike staple.

The latest classics do deserves more props too. Stuff like the YOTH, SOMP. Tiff Hi's, Lance MTN etc...will get that treatment in a couple years when people can't get them for less than 400 lol

But Dolph Ziggler is awesome tho.

Burnished Leather looks crazy, and I don't like brown shoes. Hopefully the thread cops so I can prop the pics.

I guess my view on quality is skewed because before all I focused on was AF1's...and they been terrible since 2000 lol. I appreciate the quality of today's releases...sure they not be the same as silver boxes, but they still damn good compared to every other Nike staple.

The latest classics do deserves more props too. Stuff like the YOTH, SOMP. Tiff Hi's, Lance MTN etc...will get that treatment in a couple years when people can't get them for less than 400 lol

Oh yeah I'm the biggest Dolph fan there is :lol: the actual avy itself is trash. Could never figure out how to get rid of the white bars

time to cop the High's tho :nerd:

Maybe it's cause I'm a noob to this SB thing but this is why I love dunks. Soo many dope styles that aren't impossible to get. Gives me hope to have a dope little collection that still gets respect cause they're not grails

Seeing all the recent pickups in this thread is starting to make me ready to start buying stuff. I've got some stuff working its way to me right now, but only one pair of dunks. I haven't had much luck finding the stuff I'm looking for right now.

Haze highs and low are great. I'd love to get my hands on a pair. But as always there's other more pressing desires to pick up.

stillin729 stillin729 Those Neptunes are bad? I've always had a soft spot for them, and have been actively seeking a pair in my size recently.

Back
Top Bottom