2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Haha. I was just thinking yesterday, I feel bad for heads tryna sell off they Sbs. Most are dirt cheap. Wish I was as into them as I used to be. I'd clean up.
No kidding. I sold FTC, firecracker pack, Mia, and some other dunk I forgot for only $240. Was bummed as hell, but I had to get rid of them.
However, I cleaned up on some black toe 1s and white LM. So it actually ended with me coming out ahead.

That carne asada theme is turrible
laugh.gif
mean.gif

More bad ideas, bad quality, and bad prices. I would defend SB normally, but the haters are right.

@Gruppo Sportivo sighting
nerd.gif

@ATs Kicks what do the black/gum joints have to do with a grill?

My understanding is that the Texture on the Dunk is supposed to represent the Texture on the outside of a Grill.
The Original Sole was supposed to be Light Gray, to match what Burnt Coals look like...
BUT, they axed that and found that Gum worked better on the Dunk.
EVERYONE loves a Black Dunk with a Gum Bottom!

The old barrel grills. They rust. The gum could be that and the barrels themselves were black. IDC about the theme honestly. The shoe looks dope.

The carne asada, chicken and waffles and Picnic basket dunks have to be the most ridiculous themed dunks I can think of. All I can do is laugh and think who gave the green light for these.

The carne asada, chicken and waffles and Picnic basket dunks have to be the most ridiculous themed dunks I can think of. All I can do is laugh and think who gave the green light for these.
3 bears pack? There are some way worse dunks out there. Don't be biased towards the new ones.

That carne asada theme is turrible :lol:

More bad ideas, bad quality, and bad prices. I would defend SB normally, but the haters are right.

waiting for raw steaks next to those hideous meat dunks on social media

Yet you know the same hypebeasts gassing up waffles will be all over these too.

3 bears pack? There are some way worse dunks out there. Don't be biased towards the new ones.

I thought the 3 bears was a dope concept but I only like the papa bears. But making the sneaker look like a raw piece of steak and another looking like a picnic basket with ants all over it and the last one, a waffle with syrup dripping from the check cmon.

@MusicalExcellence  i understand what you're saying but if the concept is going to be crazy the execution needs to be on point. For instance the waffles could have a solid check the color of syrup the toe box could've been a solid leather color of fried chicken and maybe the heal a suede color of butter and the other parts can be the waffle materiel, not just the whole shoe waffle material and that check. it just seems lazy and uninspired. like the Mosquitoes were an off the wall idea but attention to detail is what made that Dunk.

Nike makes it so easy not to buy new Dunks

Fixed :lol:

I'm over here flourishing on old stuff. Never thought I'd see the day come where some pairs are obtainable for under or a little over retail of a new dunk.

like the Mosquitoes were an off the wall idea but attention to detail is what made that Dunk.

They are dope, need to pull mine out more often, super comfortable too.

Last edited:
Fixed
laugh.gif

I'm over here flourishing on old stuff. Never thought I'd see the day some where some pairs are obtainable for under or a little over retail of a new dunk.
They are dope, need to pull mine out more often, super comfortable too.
You can't compare the old stuff to the new. If you do, like I have, you'll hate the new stuff. I really think the Tiffany highs were what got me started feeling this way.

@MusicalExcellence  i understand what you're saying but if the concept is going to be crazy the execution needs to be on point. For instance the waffles could have a solid check the color of syrup the toe box could've been a solid leather color of fried chicken and maybe the heal a suede color of butter and the other parts can be the waffle materiel, not just the whole shoe waffle material and that check. it just seems lazy and uninspired. like the Mosquitoes were an off the wall idea but attention to detail is what made that Dunk.
this is what i been saying the whole time.  its about subtly for me.  i dont want to look at my sneakers and knowing exactly what the idea behind it is.  i want a concept.  the picnic baskets had potential, had they put the ants inside or on the outsole with a clear icy of some color, it wouldve been better for me.  i think lobsters was a nice balance of having concept without overdoing it.  if you didnt know, you wouldnt say lobster right off the bat.  but if you scrutinized, or someone told you they were, youd be like ahhhh thats dope.  

its the the flat out explanation in concept that gets to me. it is so juvenile.  but sb has its market, so i shouldnt be surprised.  

Last edited:
this is what i been saying the whole time.  its about subtly for me.  i dont want to look at my sneakers and knowing exactly what the idea behind it is.  i want a concept.  the picnic baskets had potential, had they put the ants inside or on the outsole with a clear icy of some color, it wouldve been better for me.  i think lobsters was a nice balance of having concept without overdoing it.  if you didnt know, you wouldnt say lobster right off the bat.  but if you scrutinized, or someone told you they were, youd be like ahhhh thats dope.  

its the the flat out explanation in concept that gets to me. it is so juvenile.  but sb has its market, so i shouldnt be surprised.  
For heinekens though you'd say heineken from just looking. Yet, those are insanely dope.

Back
Top Bottom