23 Yr Old Snapchat CEO Turns Down 3 Billion Offer From FB

Once you hit 1 Billion whats the point? What could you possibly want to buy that you have to say nah i gotta hold off till I get that extra 5 billion...?
I would've took the 3 Billion. Grantee money > what if money. What is here today can be gone tomorrow. Word to Pied Piper lol

Doesn't always work this way.

Last edited:
IG won't fall off for a long time. Facebook knows what to do with IG

Snap is tolerable for now but it's gonna eventually update with useless/unnecessary features like they all do that will drive people away.

Idk how y'all snap in the club with that bright *** screen. It's annoying and got everybody lighting up the whole joint.

Once you hit 1 Billion whats the point? What could you possibly want to buy that you have to say nah i gotta hold off till I get that extra 5 billion...?
I would've took the 3 Billion. Grantee money > what if money. What is here today can be gone tomorrow. Word to Pied Piper lol

By your logic someone should just stick with their 9-5 because its guaranteed, than take a chance and start their own business

I use to slander snap but I got one and use it more than anything. Might post on ig once a month, but snap changed the game. Everyday I'm snapping b.

This right here. Nothing but truth!

It's like the ultimate ice breaker. Yambs always trying to photobomb... Then say "that was funny, I'll send it to you, what's your snap"

Proceed to exchange pics/videos the next couple days. Invite her over to smash.

Ugh it's just so damn easy! I smashed so many girls just off of snap this year alone. Smh

Snap is tolerable for now but it's gonna eventually update with useless/unnecessary features like they all do that will drive people away.

Idk how y'all snap in the club with that bright *** screen. It's annoying and got everybody lighting up the whole joint.

Aye that's probably the most funny looking **** I've seen, it straight up looks stupid seeing somebody basically doing karaoke holding the phone in the air and dancing with no one in particular :lol: :lol:

Snap is a game changer for booty though. My jersey is in the rafters but I follow Jada Fire and a couple other film stars and IG chicks. Wish I had snap back in 2012/2013 when I was 100% single

By your logic someone should just stick with their 9-5 because its guaranteed, than take a chance and start their own business

Not even. That is an incorrect assumption you're making.

Apples and Oranges comparison because there aint any 9-5 jobs out there paying you billions. What I'm saying is if you created something and someone is willing to offer you hundreds of millions for it let alone Billions for it you've won.

Srs question. In the eyes of NT what do you think the future of Twitter is? Do you still use it in a world where you have FB, IG, and Snap?

Last edited:

Srs question. In the eyes of NT what do you think the future of Twitter is? Do you still use it in a world where you have FB, IG, and Snap?
Twitter will never go away IMO....and is the most convenient way to pass news and do live commentary ..it's simple and compact ... a lot less cluttered than FB 

Facebook IMO is for old people and people that aren't very tech savy.... the people that call all tablets "iPads"..

I think Snap is stupid and has been bastardized it making videos of EVERYTHING.... but its what our simple *** society gets off on so it was a brilliant idea

Twitter is dead as far as ppl hitting each other up. Once I got a job I couldn't keep up. It's too "instant" if you're being productive at work. Twitter is only good for news and during games/events on tv. Especially black twitter.

Twitter is dead as far as ppl hitting each other up. Once I got a job I couldn't keep up. It's too "instant" if you're being productive at work. Twitter is only good for news and during games/events on tv. Especially black twitter.

It most definitely is if you're constantly following/adding every single person that sends you something :lol: Twitter isn't going anywhere, it's the most instantaneous and easiest to use of all the platforms. I still have FB, but my heavy use of it is long gone. My peak FB years were 05-09, and 2010 somewhat. It also helps they I've limited request on there since then too. My friend's list has had minimal change since then :lol: :lol: I know there's some people with 3000 friends or whatever, no wonder their feeds get cluttered with a bunch of nothing. Twitter is great though, but I would have never gotten a twitter account if it weren't for NT.

It most definitely is if you're constantly following/adding every single person that sends you something
laugh.gif
Twitter isn't going anywhere, it's the most instantaneous and easiest to use of all the platforms. I still have FB, but my heavy use of it is long gone. My peak FB years were 05-09, and 2010 somewhat. It also helps they I've limited request on there since then too. My friend's list has had minimal change since then
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I know there's some people with 3000 friends or whatever, no wonder their feeds get cluttered with a bunch of nothing. Twitter is great though, but I would have never gotten a twitter account if it weren't for NT.

Twitter is a journalists best friend... that **** ain't going anywhere 
Ig+Twitter=fb
ig + lsd=sc

Twitter will never go away IMO....and is the most convenient way to pass news and do live commentary ..it's simple and compact ... a lot less cluttered than FB 

Facebook IMO is for old people and people that aren't very tech savy.... the people that call all tablets "iPads"..

I think Snap is stupid and has been bastardized it making videos of EVERYTHING.... but its what our simple *** society gets off on so it was a brilliant idea
Good to know ya'll.

So.....Twitter is struggling with users. Here is the Monthly Active User (MAU) breakdown of the big 4:

Facebook - 1.5 BILLION MAU

IG - 500 Million + MAU 

SNAP: Unknown but over 100 million DAILY active users

TWITTER: Hit a ceiling at 300 Million MAU

What do you guys think Twitter needs to do to unlock more monthly active users? The feedback I always here is Twitter is confusing, difficult to use, etc. What do you guys think we need to do to get more mass appeal like FB and IG? 

Good to know ya'll.

So.....Twitter is struggling with users. Here is the Monthly Active User (MAU) breakdown of the big 4:

IG - 500 Million + MAU 

What do you guys think Twitter needs to do to unlock more monthly active users? The feedback I always here is Twitter is confusing, difficult to use, etc. What do you guys think we need to do to get more mass appeal like FB and IG? 

Twitter needs to be able to curate the timeline better and also introduce the user to other users who they would take an active interest in.

Twitter has a leg up on all the other apps just because of its build. Texting is the most comfortable thing for the 30 and under generation, it's an extension of that but to a greater forum.

With all that Twitter can provide, there is no way Snapchat should be moving more #'s.

You said you work there, idk if you're at HQ or not but either way, you know the infrastructure of the company is not what it should be.

Dorsey not even all in, he cares more about Square, the evolution of the app and its features has stalled when it comes to progressive moves.

It is definitely still salvagable, I just think new blood is needed.

Last edited:
Twitter began doing too much when they added video and pics and stuff. Pics I understand, but it was basically a watered down fb when they added the videos.

The quoting/retweet format has ALWAYS been frustrating for me, it can get annoying trying to figure out who said what.

Those apps that allow people to tweet more but you have to click a link... No. I ain't clicking nothing.

I'm 32 and my social media days are gone, but that's what I did remember from twitter. The most fun I ever had was when everyone was waiting for the Jay z album to drop and we were making mad jokes about how amped people were.

I never really got into it tho. I just used to go on there because it was the new popular app at the time. Surprised it got as popular as it did.

Last edited:
IMO Twitter is for people who are feeling themselves a little too much. If you delete your profile or start a new one it's damn near embarrassing trying to get a decent following on there. It's like if you don't already have a large enough following it's pointless to tweet. Nobody follows back

Good to know ya'll.

IG - 500 Million + MAU 

So what makes snapchat different from instagram? What does it offer that IG doesn't?

I guess it glues you to your phone more because the videos have an actual expiration date?

So urgency is the difference between that and IG

The same way someone would hold off from selling their car for 3K because they think they could get 5k.

More money is more money. No how much money is involved

There's no legitimate reason to turn down 3 billion. That's all the money you and your family will ever need. Not smart IMO.

Back
Top Bottom