24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Which Amex are you guys using? I'm seeing CLI but I thought Amex basically didn't have actually limits minus their actual credit card

Yea, there's literally no such thing as a "no limit" card. You may not have a pre-set limit but they pretty much cut you off at a point where they feel comfortable that you're able to pay in full.

Will paying off my stuff in collections and disputing them on my report raise my credit score? Or is it cheaper to just let the stuff sit on my credit for the seven years? Im new to this threas, really should have been checked it out honestly.

Will paying off my stuff in collections and disputing them on my report raise my credit score? Or is it cheaper to just let the stuff sit on my credit for the seven years? Im new to this threas, really should have been checked it out honestly.

Do you have no plans for loans in the next 7 years?

Last edited:
618 isn't that bad especially after clearing negative and what not. You can get into the 700s quite easily

Smh I f'd up my **** because of a student loan (I'll never take one out ever again) and couple of creds anyways at 561 [emoji]128531[/emoji]

Smh I f'd up my **** because of a student loan (I'll never take one out ever again) and couple of creds anyways at 561 [emoji]128531[/emoji]

I went from a 777 to a 500ish because of two student loans that were sent to the wrong address while I thought I was in forbearance :smh: :x. Just try and finesse your way out of them removing it but its going to take persistence and time.

Navient/Sallie was the easiest and most willing to update to no delinquencies and lates as long as you have an agent who is good. AES is another story :stoneface:

I went from a 777 to a 500ish because of two student loans that were sent to the wrong address while I thought I was in forbearance :smh: :x. Just try and finesse your way out of them removing it but its going to take persistence and time.

Navient/Sallie was the easiest and most willing to update to no delinquencies and lates as long as you have an agent who is good. AES is another story :stoneface:

Man. I have Navient and AES as well. lol

719 ... i haven't had any credit cards or student loans though...just a couple of car notes and such...
my fiancee on the other hand though... :smh: her mom put her name on a whole bunch of stuff when she was growing up...her credit is terrible...but she brings in more money than i do...

we are looking for a house before we get married but we aren't getting pre approved for a lot of money...looking into getting a credit card through my credit union for her but they won't except her until we are married...sucky situation...

719 ... i haven't had any credit cards or student loans though...just a couple of car notes and such...
my fiancee on the other hand though... :smh: her mom put her name on a whole bunch of stuff when she was growing up...her credit is terrible...but she brings in more money than i do...

we are looking for a house before we get married but we aren't getting pre approved for a lot of money...looking into getting a credit card through my credit union for her but they won't except her until we are married...sucky situation...

why dont you get approved with a CC then add her as an Authorized User so she can build. Sucks her mother put her name on a whole bunch :smh:

Do you have no plans for loans in the next 7 years?

I want a house within the next three years. I made alot of mistakes around 20-25 years of age supporting a female that wasn't really working. Alot of my debts are from 2009-2012.

If that's the case, you'd want to shape up your credit report ASAP. Pay off what you need, make sure you have enough dough for a decent down payment but still have enough to actually pay your mortgage.

Right that's the plan, I was wondering how much does it help to go ahead and pay those off. And I heard that that stuff still show on your credit report even when you pay it. Is that true?

I was on credit karma the other day. they have a feature called direct dispute. Looks like they will dispute it for you if there is a mistake or its already paid.

Back
Top Bottom