24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I've always had a budget. It was just a matter of reallocating where money went. I got in a car accident and had to visit the hospital a few occasions after. I just set aside about $350 a month to pay for it.

I save enough as-is without stressing my pockets so I adjusted that. Instead of saving $1k a month (does not include 401k) , I just knocked it down to $650 for savings and $350 for the CC. Was still able to maintain normal habits.

Shoes are a stupid money pit tbh. I rarely ever buy shoes, and even when I do, they're on deeeeep clearance with a coupon code from NDC. And even then they're just casual runners like Roshes. **** I need full-length zoom and ankle protection for working an office job?

Last edited:
Shoes are a stupid money pit tbh. I rarely ever buy shoes, and even when I do, they're on deeeeep clearance with a coupon code from NDC. And even then they're just casual runners like Roshes. **** I need full-length zoom and ankle protection for working an office job?

True :lol:

But I rather have a bunch of shoes than a money pit car that I front to flex but obviously can't afford to own.

Plus shoes don't need maintaince checks, tires, oil changes, brake works etc etc

Obviously you didn't read clearly. A car that is way out of my pay grade that I flex in just to front is a money pit. Why because I can't afford it and I'm just tossing money away when I can purchase something for less and it lasts a long time (reliable)

Thinking of paying off a couple of old collections with my CC now and then paying it off over the year. Part of me doesn't want to use a CC for that, but i don't want to give up that much money at once.

Credit Karma says I'm at a 606.i have a bad open debt with Portola Recovery. If I pay then and it shows as a charge off will it actually help my credit score? Or should I just try to get a Discover Card?

Credit Karma says I'm at a 606.i have a bad open debt with Portola Recovery. If I pay then and it shows as a charge off will it actually help my credit score? Or should I just try to get a Discover Card?

Negotiate a pay for delete with them before trying to apply for cards. discover will deny you for open collections.

Discover the GOAT with CLI's 
pimp.gif

Mixtape is dope. I've got the blue. Wanted the green but my application messed up and froze when applying and they sent me the blue I guess since I had to call to finish my application.

Back
Top Bottom