24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I love my amex blue everyday card. 3% on all groceries and 2% on gas. Just got a promotion last week also for 10% cash back on gas until I hit $250 spent. Basically a free $25 for gas. If anyone wants a referral for the $50 let me know and I can hook you up.

Whoa how did you get that 10% on gas? I've got a blue cash everyday too

It may have been a targeted reward. I saw it pop up on the account homepage when you scroll down and see all the different offers below your balance and stuff. It was the first one. Just had to click it to add it to my card.

I got that gas one too. :smokin They post to your account as credits against the original purchase.

Last edited:
I forgot who it was but man shoutout to you who gave me that ref link for DiscoverIT. $50 cashback just showed up today. 

What's the best credit card to rebuild credit?

Do you have negatives on your credit report? If so, go with a secured card and try to get pay for deletes for any collections and try to get any other negative items removed. If not, discover it has a double cash back promotion going on and I swear by it. They double all the cash back you earned after a year so essentially you're getting a card that's 2% cashback on everything, 10% rotating categories and 20-30% back with the discover deals portal. And if you use a referral link both parties get $50 cash back (also doubled after a year so essentially $100). They like thin files so as long as your report doesn't have negatives you should be approved

I mostly only lurk this thread but what's the big deal about this Chase Sapphire card?

Do most of you use credit karma in here? Just kinda nervous giving them all my info
eyes.gif
yes its been invaluable

got the only late payment in my credit existance absolved with their dispute tool

found out the key factors for my scores etc

one thing i will say is their scores are not accurate. theyre guesses

App showed me at 700 or below like a month ago but i jus got a new mortgage and the Lender shows my current score as 736

I think you mean the Reserve card. 100K in sign up points. I believe $1500 of value in your first year of having the card.

not only that.. $300 travel credit every year annually. So if you spend $300 on a flight, you'll be automatically credited $300. This can also include hotel/transportation. The annual fee is $450 but you get $300 travel credit until Jan 1st then another $300 travel credit is activated.. 3x points on travel and dining

My score went from 716 to 705 this month. I wonder why. I did spend a lot so maybe that's why? It's all paid off tho :nerd:

Last edited:
Yeah if your not planning to use your credit for anything I'm not sure why people trip over the small month to month changes.

so this new reserve card is the new hot thing? :lol: we got a lot of people that travel alot i see

I got an offer from Amex for the Platinum card...do charge cards affect your credit at all?  Or is something like that mainly used for the perks of the card?

I dont really think travel, but using mileage points exchanged for cash. Thats possible right?

Yea I think you can redeem it as cash, but it won't be worth nearly as much as it would if you redeem via ultimate rewards or even frequent flier programs

Back
Top Bottom