24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Can i send proof of my paid in full documentation from my collections to the original leader on an owed debt to try an have it removed?

Or they dont care an regardless if the collections account is paid an removed. Is the closed orignal account is gonna stay on file as derogartory for the next 7 years? Can i dispute it reason being i am not responsible anymore an attach the document?

(its the same debt ones mark is from the original creditor,Which is closed status. the second is from collections which i paid to remove)

Last edited:
Can i send proof of my paid in full documentation from my collections to the original leader on an owed debt to try an have it removed?

Or they dont care an regardless if the collections account is paid an removed. Is the closed orignal account is gonna stay on file as derogartory for the next 7 years? Can i dispute it reason being i am not responsible anymore an attach the document?

(its the same debt ones mark is from the original creditor,Which is closed status. the second is from collections which i paid to remove)

You can try to contact them and get them to remove it but if that doesn't work, dispute it through the credit bureaus online and that should work. They allow you to attach documentation to show proof.

Never set up autopay, but I should. I don't mind managing my balance month to month and paying what makes the most sense financially. I only carry a balance on my current no interest cards for the initial period.

I know a lot of you are past this stage but Credit Sesame is a great site for you to check your credit score on if you haven't done it before. Besides giving you your score for free you also a credit analysis and recommendations.

Aren't all those sites just FAKO scores anyways?
They are. The benefit that Credit Karma provides isn't the score.

Its the :

- Free Credit Report

- Free Derogatory Mark Disputes

- Getting notified of new inquires, collections, new accounts, etc

- Information on how to improve your score

The FAKO score just gives you a general idea of where your score is. You want free FICO just get cards who provide FICO scores monthly .

Free FICO scores + CK is pretty much all you need.

Jus read my useless Walmart card provides me my TU FICO every month for free so that's coo. My goal for next year is to break 700...at 642 right now...

Just hit 800 finally on credit karma. :smokin

scores on my credit card statements are usually 15-20 pts lower so ima just run with the 800 lol

Just checked credit karma and saw that one of my store cards decreased my limit by $4000 and dropped my score a good chunk. Don't want to close it because its my oldest card (almost 10 years). Second oldest is probably only 5.

Edit: Just requested a CLI and it brought it back up $4000.
Credit Karma are not your real scores. Just use it to monitor changes to your credit. Fico is all that matters for scores.

So is it bad if I close my Amex green cArd?

Don't even use it anymore so don't think I wanna pay $100 anymore
@Zyzz  When is the AF due? At the very minimum keep it open until the AF is due.

Call Amex and see if you can swap to a no AF card.

Is this your oldest card?

Also a question for y'all, my sister does not have a credit card and just got denied for one, how can she get one approved so she can start building her credit history?
@alp  Does she have any credit cards? BOA and Discover are the secured cards I'd recommend because these cards can graduate to unsecured cards. All else fails, have her apply for the CapitalOne secured card. CapitalOne doesn't graduate to an unsecured card and they pull all three reports.

Also, have her check Credit Karma to see what's on her Equifax and Transunion reports. Ignore the scores.

Their refusing to remove as a pay for delete spoke to several people.

Is it worth having paid as full status?

Im reading that it will have no positive effect.

Their saying i have to wait one more year to have it removed
@zunigrp  Do you have the pay for delete in writing?

Paying won't change anything unless you are trying to buy a house with this still on your credit.

Find out when this account will fall off. You can find this information from a credit report directly from the bureaus: Equifax, Experian and Transunion. Transunion will delete 6 months early, Experian 3 months early and Equifax is hit and miss.

Just checked credit karma and saw that one of my store cards decreased my limit by $4000 and dropped my score a good chunk. Don't want to close it because its my oldest card (almost 10 years). Second oldest is probably only 5.

Edit: Just requested a CLI and it brought it back up $4000.
Credit Karma are not your real scores. Just use it to monitor changes to your credit. Fico is all that matters for scores.
That has nothing to do with what I said though.

laugh.gif
my mans went through the thread and provided nothing but pointless/late dialogue
I didn't go through  200 pages, sorry.

Has anyone posted about early deletes here?

Yes, pay for deletes .
Do you have a letter from the company stating they will pay for delete?

As I posted earlier delinquent accounts can be deleted earlier: Transunion 6 months, Experian 3 months, and Equifax YMMV.

Order your free reports :https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

These reports will tell you when delinquent are scheduled to fall off your reports, all three are different.

Last edited:
@alp
 Does she have any credit cards? BOA and Discover are the secured cards I'd recommend because these cards can graduate to unsecured cards. All else fails, have her apply for the CapitalOne secured card. CapitalOne doesn't graduate to an unsecured card and they pull all three reports.

Also, have her check Credit Karma to see what's on her Equifax and Transunion reports. Ignore the scores.
I'll check with her but I think she got the capital one unsecured card

Do you have a letter from the company stating they will pay for delete?

As I posted earlier delinquent accounts can be deleted earlier: Transunion 6 months, Experian 3 months, and Equifax YMMV.

Order your free reports :https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

These reports will tell you when delinquent are scheduled to fall off your reports, all three are different.
It is best to get a letter from the company , but not all companies will give you a written letter.

The company I delt with wouldn't give me a written letter I just had to go off of the owners word. He did delete it.

Your method is fine but who wants a collection on their report for almost 7 years, better to contact them and try to pay for delete.

Back
Top Bottom