24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Any details on why ? **** has me heated bro. How long did it take for yours to go back ?

Credit scores are more volatile than the crazy birds I deal with.
Took 1-2 months to jump back up (actually jumped higher).
Don't stress it. Just keep paying off your balance in full, etc.

****ing score went down 30 points and this was AFTER I got a $200 line increase. What the hell is going on man. 21% utilization no late payments 2 open credit accounts like I'm pissed.

Keep the utilization at 10% or lower regardless of what your limits are and you don't want multiple cards reporting every month.

AZEO method works best.

I pay down all cards to $0 before statement cuts and let only one report a balance of $10. Then pay that balance off the day after statement cuts. Maximizes your CS.

AZEO method works best.

I pay down all cards to $0 before statement cuts and let only one report a balance of $10. Then pay that balance off the day after statement cuts. Maximizes your CS.

I've done that before and my score only went up two points. I've gotten a lot of conflicting information and I'm just trying to get a good system down pat. Thanks for the advice

1B255EC4-3F65-47D0-AE6E-9AA4DF7D633E.png
EB38715A-1229-40D4-85C1-75257E4244A1.png

These are my two cards... I got frustrating after I seen my score dropped and called capital one and settled for $292. I owed them $533 and was told they'll report to the three bureaus and send me a letter stating that it will no longer be a negative mark on my account.

You don't really want to report a $0.00 balance on a card.

1 - 10% utilization is always better than 0%, both individually and on aggregate.

I've done that before and my score only went up two points. I've gotten a lot of conflicting information and I'm just trying to get a good system down pat. Thanks for the advice

There are many other factors as well, such as length of credit, total accounts, payment history, inquiries, etc.

You want to have a mix of credit types. Revolving credit (credit cards) as well as installment loans (auto loan, mortgage, etc.)

There are many other factors as well, such as length of credit, total accounts, payment history, inquiries, etc.

You want to have a mix of credit types. Revolving credit (credit cards) as well as installment loans (auto loan, mortgage, etc.)

Yea I was hoping it would jump to the 640 range and I was gonna apply for a car loan in a couple weeks. It dropping like this really ****ed me over

1B255EC4-3F65-47D0-AE6E-9AA4DF7D633E.png
EB38715A-1229-40D4-85C1-75257E4244A1.png

These are my two cards... I got frustrating after I seen my score dropped and called capital one and settled for $292. I owed them $533 and was told they'll report to the three bureaus and send me a letter stating that it will no longer be a negative mark on my account.

Wait, so you had something in collections? That’s why it went down.

*paying full amount on time
*using 30% of my credit line
*disputing old collections to get removed from history
*arranging student loans for a realistic payment plan
literally went from low 500 to almost 700 credit score!!

I did the same bro!

Was at 500 as well and now I'm up to 700.

Love seeing these 200+ jumps from you guys taking care of your credit and working the system

For anyone I'm the struggle.... have faith.
Credit is now 667. It takes time, patience, research, and more patience.
If you look back you can get my story and know j was def in the struggle.
Having a gf with excellent credit add me to one card helped a little but not much as I thought.
Keep pushing. Pay off balances, and keep ya head up.
Good luck nt fam

Sorry if this topic has been covered but is the Cap. One credit score app 100% on point?

My homie said it isnt. Makes sense cause when i went to go get my car dude told me my credit score was 780 and i was in awe cause the app said im at 735

AMEX and Discover gives you real FICO scores. Cap One got those fake Credit Karma scores which aren’t too far off from your real scores but lenders never use them.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit and kinda want to apply for a Card with a higher limit for the rewards aspect. Right now I have a Cap one Platinum with an $850 limit. But I dont use it much due to the ease at which I would hit 10% utilization.

My CK scores are 660/710. My Creditwise is around 660. Is there a card I could get with a limit over 2kish at these scores or should I just be patient?

^you can do Amex 3x credit limit increase that has been covered in this thread:

A lot of you probably already known this, but American Express will often triple your opening credit limit. There's a few rules to follow:

• Wait 60 days from account opening
  • Max of one credit limit increase from American Express every six months
  • If you're denied wait a minimum of 90 days before applying again
Also, make sure your credit utilization is at 0 or as close to 0 as possible before applying. High utilization is a common reason for denial.

Obviously don't do this if you can't manage credit responsibly.

To request a limit do the following:

Click profile & preferences

Click more options

Under account management click “manage credit limit”

Click start then follow the prompts

Holy cow... My score went down over 50 points for paying off my car loan a year early. Unbelievable.

I can’t believe I get penalized for that.

For those wondering, I did it to change the title. My company is paying me 5k for it, the difference between what I sell it for and the KBB value.

Back
Top Bottom