24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

j3w8mizh4adc1.jpg

PayPal ceo says he will shock the world on January 25th….any ideas ?​

renderTimingPixel.png

I hate how starting last year all these credit card companies stopped posting the full quarterly categories at the beginning of the year.

Now you have to wait for them to announce it just before each quarter starts

Have any of y’all applied for credit line increase on a cc and had your limit increased but at the same time credit line decreased on other cards?

Specifically with chase

Have any of y’all applied for credit line increase on a cc and had your limit increased but at the same time credit line decreased on other cards?

Specifically with chase

Chase has an aggregate credit limit across products. Even applies to combined business and personal accounts.

If you’re at the limit the only way to increase one line of credit is to decrease another.

Chase has an aggregate credit limit across products. Even applies to combined business and personal accounts.

If you’re at the limit the only way to increase one line of credit is to decrease another.

First time ever happened to me, pretty annoyed since I wouldn’t have even tried to increase my card to begin with had I known it would affect another.

4 cards all under chase
Hmmm, BofA did me the same way. 2 cards with them, raised one then lowered the other after I put in for an increase.

But then like a year a later they ended up raising both by a lot. Maybe just hang in there and keep paying off your balances?

Don't apply for a credit line increase with Chase, that's a hard pull inquiry. You're better off using that hard pull on a new credit card and take advantage of a sign up bonus.

As said earlier, Chase has a soft rule of extending credit for 50% of your annual income.

Don't apply for a credit line increase with Chase, that's a hard pull inquiry. You're better off using that hard pull on a new credit card and take advantage of a sign up bonus.

As said earlier, Chase has a soft rule of extending credit for 50% of your annual income.

I gotta up my annual income

They've started doing soft pulls a year ago. I did a CLI in the app for 3 of my Chase cards back in Oct and theres no hard pull on my credit reports

How did you get over the hump

honestly idk. i usually pay my cards all off as soon as i get paid. but i used to get paid once a month but now i get paid biweekly. so maybe the change in my payment date is the reason since i can now pay my card off earlier.

edit* also i took an auto loan a little over a year ago. so i guess that helps too.

Back
Top Bottom