24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Got a new discover it card about 6 months ago but I’m planning on traveling this summer so I think I’m gonna go back to using my sapphire reserve as my main card to rack up some more points to use for travel.. kinda sucks that I’m gonna be wasting some of the match period on the discover card but I think it’ll be worth it

Any good credit repair programs out there? Couple years ago (likr 6) I used Lexington Law and in about 3-4 months they raised my score from around a 550 to a 720. Things were good then I trashed it again, then I tried using them again and I didnt get the results I was looking for.

Any one have any suggestions on what the best ones out there now?
You can do it yourself. They don't do anything different that everyday people do to fix their credit.

You can do it yourself. They don't do anything different that everyday people do to fix their credit.
layziegunts layziegunts What this man says. You can do it yourself..
Try to utilize the balance transfers with 0% interest for the 12-18 months.
Stay on top of your payments and track your financial goal along the way.
No need to pay someone else for something you can do yourself.

had a 30 day late payment cause life on a really lousy card that I've really only kept open cause it's 16 years old, they reported it to the bureaus as 30 days past due & I lost 99 points on at least 1 of my scores cause of this :sick: if I keep balances low as always & pay cards/loans as agreed per usual how long does this take to rebound- few months, year, year & a half or longer?

Fam i'm in the same boat, Completely forgot a payment on an account i've NEVER been late on & watched my score drop by 80-100 points :stoneface: . This entire credit system is complete bull****, but a necessary evil :smh:

I'll be closing some accounts this year, I maxed out during the past several years so I could increase my available credit. It becomes a burden at some point. I'll narrow it down to my favorite 3-4 cards.

Fam i'm in the same boat, Completely forgot a payment on an account i've NEVER been late on & watched my score drop by 80-100 points :stoneface: . This entire credit system is complete bull****, but a necessary evil :smh:
Gotta be on it. Most of them give you a 20ish day grace period.

question, is there a card yall can recommend thats great for buying gas only?
are you Navy Federal by any chance? I think you can still apply with them even if you're not but they have a card with amex called "More Rewards" and they give 3x points on gas. I have this card and use it as a gas card. Thats pretty good from what I've seen out there.

are you Navy Federal by any chance? I think you can still apply with them even if you're not but they have a card with amex called "More Rewards" and they give 3x points on gas. I have this card and use it as a gas card. Thats pretty good from what I've seen out there.
i use my amex but not sure but i'll check out navy federal, ty fam
That one card doesn't really exist. Gotta rotate multiple cards quarterly that offer 5%
thats the thing, i don't feel like checking which one to use lol just wanna leave it in the whip and use it for gas.

If anyone is looking for a Southwest companion pass.

Earn Companion Pass through 2/28/2024 plus 30,000 points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Offer ends 3/13/2023.
Promotional Companion Pass valid through 2/28/2024.
I thought about this too but if you're not traveling much, I don't think its worth it. If you're in the AMEX eco system (Gold and/or Plat) use those to get the best benefits. Capital ONE and Chase have similar cards to double up for stuff like this.

taking-notes.gif

I’m running up as many points on my chase sapphire preferred for my trip in august then I’m gonna be in the same boat looking for a new card
Probably will blow through all my chase points

Anyone here ever use their LLC EIN number to open a business account? I'm going to hit the bank up tomorrow and try to get a business credit card.

Also, a personal line of credit.

Any tips would be helpful.

Last edited:
amex and chase

LMK if you want a Chase Biz referral...

Chase Ink Unlimited and Ink Cash both have free $750 bonus if you can spend $6k+ in the first 3 months. The Ink Premiere and Ink Preferred have $1k bonus if you can spend $10k+ (Premier) or 15k+ (Preferred) in first 3 months. First 2 have no annual fees, latter 2 have $195 and $95 annual fees respectively. Preferred gets you better points redemption if you're into that, or the best way is to roll all your points into the Chase Sapphire Reserve (1.5x bonus when using their portal).

Back
Top Bottom