24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Ok, so I had a tax lien removed my equifax account but not transunion. Any idea why it was just removed from only equifax? How would I go about getting it removed from transunion? Not sure if it's on my experian report as well.
Ask. I posted some links a couple pages back to request an audit of your file.

I just realized there is an option to request a CLI on my BB Visa card. I have the non-store one and the actual Visa card you can get from them. Granted I only use it like once a year to buy something big to get the 18 month no interest + reward zone certificates and then just pay it off early, but I am tempted to request one just to have a larger credit pool with them. 

For instance: It is currently 3k.....I have never bought anything from them for 3k, so it should be enough, but when I buy a laptop or something, at least then it wouldn't show up as I am using half or over half of my credit with them. 

Lol you already know my stance, I'd request the CLI. A $1500 purchase is 50% of that cards limit. Too easy to spend $1500 in BB.

I just realized there is an option to request a CLI on my BB Visa card. I have the non-store one and the actual Visa card you can get from them. Granted I only use it like once a year to buy something big to get the 18 month no interest + reward zone certificates and then just pay it off early, but I am tempted to request one just to have a larger credit pool with them. 

For instance: It is currently 3k.....I have never bought anything from them for 3k, so it should be enough, but when I buy a laptop or something, at least then it wouldn't show up as I am using half or over half of my credit with them. 

Request it but make sure its not a hard pull unless you don't mind taking that hit.

Lol you already know my stance, I'd request the CLI. A $1500 purchase is 50% of that cards limit. Too easy to spend $1500 in BB.

Exactly my thinking with this. I will never use 3k but I damn sure can use 1500-2000 quick in there from a MacBook or tv or something. Just so it doesn't use half my utilization.

Request it but make sure its not a hard pull unless you don't mind taking that hit.

Yea that's true. Other than getting the discover card this year, I haven't used it so it shouldn't be a problem. My scores are high enough anyways that it shouldn't be a problem either though.

Got an email Citi about my simplicity card and they are offering 10% cash back now through the end of the year for the holidays.

I'll still stick with my discover card since I don't want to get another card in the mix but thought someone else might be interested.

I have the store one . With a 1k credit limit I asked about an increase the guy couldn't give me an answer on whether it's a soft or hard pull. All he said it will require a credit check. I'm on the same boat I don't use it. Just make one large purchase and pay it off. Got 2 new tvs last year. I'm looking to scoop up some ps4s this season.

On another note I applied for a discover card and got rejected early this year. Last month I got my first 2 credit cards approved.
Chase freedom
Amex every day

I'm debating whether I should really apply for the discover or look at one of those citi cards. Or both ?
I barely used my cards and pay it off before it's due. The only card I carry a balance is my bestbuy but I don't use it so I don't care. What do you guys advise? Discover or citi?

Anybody heard anything about Bank of America's free FICO score date yet? They announced it in January to be available this year. That's the only reason I haven't applied for a Discover card yet well that and I was waiting on 2 hard inquiries to expire.

Anybody heard anything about Bank of America's free FICO score date yet? They announced it in January to be available this year. That's the only reason I haven't applied for a Discover card yet well that and I was waiting on 2 hard inquiries to expire.
have a boa account, but haven't seen ****...

I talked to a BoA rep a month or so back and they said they don't have any info and didn't know anything about the free FICO.

Discover is a great company and the IT card is awesome. Remember to use a referral to sign up so they can get $50 and you can get a sign up bonus as well. Also take advantage of those sign up promos of spend 750, get 150 back,etc.

Got an email Citi about my simplicity card and they are offering 10% cash back now through the end of the year for the holidays.

I'll still stick with my discover card since I don't want to get another card in the mix but thought someone else might be interested.

Chase Freedom is also doing 10% cash back at Amazon and Zappos.

Just got my Discover IT card in.

Packaging is
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Last edited:
so after reading a little of this thread. I have a 7 something credit score and never had a major credit card. Just store credit cards. I think it may be a good time to invest in a credit card.

So is the Discover IT credit card the best option to you guys?

Im looking at the American Express everyday card.

Last edited:
so after reading a little of this thread. I have a 7 something credit score and never had a major credit card. Just store credit cards. I think it may be a good time to invest in a credit card.

Holla at me

I have both let me know if you have any questions I'll guide you thru it. [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

How right on time is this email from BB about my credit card and what I was talking about in here a few days ago 
laugh.gif

This was the subject of the email....
 You've got the available credit to crush it this Black Friday.

So a hard inquiry fell off my credit report this week because its been two years, and somehow my score went down? I am at a loss

So a hard inquiry fell off my credit report this week because its been two years, and somehow my score went down? I am at a loss

It'll go back up soon. One thing I learned is dont even sweat it. If its something positive that happened and it dropped it'll come back up plus some.

Need to balance transfer this Chase Freedom card as the zero interest rate is about to expire my choices

Citi Simplicity - 0 percent on purchases and balance transfers for 21 months

Discover it - 0 percent for 6 months purchases 0 percent on balance transfers 18

Citi Simplicity all the way? Thoughts?

The citi card looks like its going to work best for your needs, but you should try to pay that balance off before the citi promo ends.

Back
Top Bottom