25 and older Jordan heads

roll.gif

I had a starter back in 96 thanks to my uncle who bought me a jacket cause my dad wouldn't cough up the funds. I was in Chicago at the time and caught so much issh for choosing a Magic over the Bulls . Well I'm trying to track one down now because my uncle passed away and I would love to honor his memory by having that same starter he bought me. Kind of cheesy to some but it would mean the world to me.
not cheesy at all, in fact what size are you so i can look around for you too, pm me so if i find one i will send you the link

I wear mine but not that much. I actually value the shoes i purchase. 1) I see them as a long term investment that i can sell if times are hard or pass down to my son/nephew/godson  2) My parents didnt have enough money to buy me nikes , so now that im an adult and have money I tak advantage of making up for lost time. 

But I agree with your philosophy on keeping your collection intact, but i agree with the 18 yr old also. 

I'm 29...I wear every single last one of mine...some get worn less depending on how much I value them...especially the ones I had as a child-high school when I played ball...in college I never wore my Js just whatever the team issued to us. I wear my J's to work quite often, I'm a private contractor (project manager) for the federal government and I work in an office for the most part...most guys that are on the job wear boots to work because they have to visit the job site quite often...so its a pretty business casual environment...And I will never sell my collection...only time I've gotten rid of my kicks was due to them being beat in the ground from balling or if I had doubles of something and used them for a trade/to help someone else...I really don't buy anything unless it was something that I had as a child or something I wanted and couldn't afford...all the new colorways...I think that's for the younger generation...all the OG colors are timeless...just like the newer colorways may be timeless for this generation.

Foot Locker is actually about to bring those jackets back in a limited run.
really?! That's good for Starter bc I heard they sell their stuff at either walmart or target now. Maybe they think they can make a comeback now that the hornets are back!! #dopeststarterjacketever

Last edited:
I had the Bordeaux VIIs and a Cowboys pullover and I honestly thought I was the baddest man alive (I was 10 or 11).  It was amazing what some cool shoes and a starter jacket could do for the confidence. 

I was the baddest kid in school, holding all the cute girls hands and not getting picked last to play 'ball during PE.....

I had the Raiders and UNLV Runnin Rebels starter jackets.   And sported the Reebok pumps too. 

Last edited:
Had the Bulls & Oakland A's Starter parkas that I stole from an opposing Jr High locker room team.

I swore I thought I was the coolest 13 year old! 

the purple lakers and the bulls jacket look nice but 150.00 for just some words going across the chest. thats too much imo.

the purple lakers and the bulls jacket look nice but 150.00 for just some words going across the chest. thats too much imo.
Yeah, I said the same about the price, as well. I believe they weren't more than $100 back in the 90s.

Last edited:
honestly I'm 28, and Im a little beyond the younger era...  Its not about the money, nor was it ever.   Now a days,  I give my kicks to charity.  I dont care how rare they are.  Infrared 6, Fire Red 3's, Olympic 7's.. - went to charity.    

Last edited:
honestly I'm 28, and Im a little beyond the younger era...  Its not about the money, nor was it ever.   Now a days,  I give my kicks to charity.  I dont care how rare they are.  Infrared 6, Fire Red 3's, Olympic 7's.. - went to charity.    
Same with me. I give kicks to goodwill. I rather some poor kid or somebody down on their luck get a hot kick than some hypebeast.

If its a GR i wear them...some of them I wear to work (work at machine shop) fuk it! Limit and QS...I wear a 1yr or 2 after release date. Im 34 yrs old!

28, about to turn 29 next month. In the process of selling 95% of all my shoes. It's that time. 

I still LOVE shoes. That will never change. As long as I love my childhood, for nostalgia purposes, no matter how terrible of a direction Jordan Brand is heading, no matter how terrible of a direction sneaker culture is heading, I will always love shoes as it is something from my childhood that I can take with me as I get older. 

However, as a dude about to turn 30, working in a corporate environment, and having my own place with limited space, it's just not practical for me to have 30+ shoes that I have to store, and can only wear maybe 2 days out of the week. 

To my older heads, I suggest you guys take a look in the Dressing Better thread here on NT. I had been introduced to the world of fine dress shoes, and have developed a love for Allen Edmonds shoes, shoes that I could actually get some mileage on and wear to work, shoes that actually go well with my age. 

I'll maybe keep 5 pairs of Jordans, strictly for nostalgia, and I'll be good. 

28 years old, married , wear dress shoes mon-Thursday. Sitting at about 30 pair that I actually wear. Been really contemplating keeping my must haves and selling the rest. Been in Jordan since I was 5 years old. After being able to obtain the #s that held sentimental value, I'm at a point to where I think I'm finally done. Just not fun anymore. I have every 1,3,4,5,6,11 that I want. 1,3,4 are my favorites followed by the xis. After I get the vis next year and whenever the 16, 17s drop again I'm done buying Jordan's. I tend to stick with og colors with the exception some times. Ie knick 1s,

I will always be a sneakerhead but priorities change and thankfully I already have my must haves. Hell I'm the general thread more these days than any shoe thread now....Kanye shrug

Back
Top Bottom