31 pieces of advice, from a NTer who just turned 31 today... and a $31 giveaway

went to school in Colorado for 5 years... :nerd:

word lol I vaguely remember you posting in the regional thread(think it was that thread) when I first signed up on NT yearrrrs ago, in regards to living in Colorado at some point.

Last edited:
WOMEN

16. Be nice to attractive females. Be even nicer to non attractive ones. Women notice how you treat other women, be a gentlemen at all times, but leave looks out of it. The most beautiful ones will notice.

17. If she let's you hit the home run on the first night, she's not a bicycle... but if she goes the dome route she probably is.

18. Majority of all strippers have Daddy issues. If you end up having a daughter, don't contribute to the problem.

19. You will not marry your high school sweet heart so don't base your college decision on her.

20. If you can have a beer with her around your buddies, bring her to family dinners, have a blast with her when you are alone, and not be worried one bit when she is alone with other friends... she may be the one.
Great thread OP real talk, but lawd at number 19 
mean.gif

3. The only person you are going to impress with your kicks when you go out, is another dude. Rock what you like, no female will ever be on your jock because of your shoes, and if she is, imagine what she did last weekend when she saw a pair she liked.

View media item 946175
rayray3thousand
4/30/83

3.) Don't let sneakers run your life. I know many a dude who don't have their priorities straight yet run out to buy every retro Jordan. I use to be the type of person who got angry at the world when i missed out on a release because i only focused on having to pay $250-$300 for every release. However, thanks to social media, the resale market on GRs is dirt right now. Any GR from the past few years can be found for retail or even less. In the real world, no one cares what sneakers you wear except other materialistic people. I sold the bulk of my collection and invested it in my company. And i'm about to move in with my girl and am going to help raise her son, which is more important than "stunting" (specially at my age). and in closing, STAY AWAY FROM EBAY. its too easy to get addicted to the steals you find on there.

I just turned 30 a few weeks and a half ago and i can honestly say im past the "collector" stage of my life. And a few shots on my old collection

View media item 947481
View media item 947482
View media item 947483
View media item 947484

3. The only person you are going to impress with your kicks when you go out, is another dude. Rock what you like, no female will ever be on your jock because of your shoes, and if she is, imagine what she did last weekend when she saw a pair she liked.

View media item 946175
rayray3thousand
4/30/83

3.) Don't let sneakers run your life. I know many a dude who don't have their priorities straight yet run out to buy every retro Jordan. I use to be the type of person who got angry at the world when i missed out on a release because i only focused on having to pay $250-$300 for every release. However, thanks to social media, the resale market on GRs is dirt right now. Any GR from the past few years can be found for retail or even less. In the real world, no one cares what sneakers you wear except other materialistic people. I sold the bulk of my collection and invested it in my company. And i'm about to move in with my girl and am going to help raise her son, which is more important than "stunting" (specially at my age). and in closing, STAY AWAY FROM EBAY. its too easy to get addicted to the steals you find on there.

I just turned 30 a few weeks and a half ago and i can honestly say im past the "collector" stage of my life. And a few shots on my old collection

View media item 947481
View media item 947482
View media item 947483
View media item 947484

I am in the process of selling off my collection too... how many pairs did you end up holding on to?

PS - great advice added! :smokin

I am in the process of selling off my collection too... how many pairs did you end up holding on to?

To be honest, everything pictured is GONE. I sold most of my Jordans, because the only ones i find myself wearing now are 1s and 3-6 from time to time. The only SBs i have left now are 112 lows, Tiffany highs, and RESNs. One thing i found myself doing is buying multiples of the same colorway and i realized how much money i was wasting. For one, shoes only go for decent money if DS and i wear everything i have. The worst was me having 6 pairs of the Bred 1s. My greatest return investment was selling the oiled Freddy Krugers i bought for $440 for $1450. Anyone who turns down that much cash is a idiot.

Also, women looked at me like i was crazy for investing so much money in sneakers. People think that sneaker collecting is a safe hobby. But it can grow into an addiction that is hard to overcome, just like drugs and alcohol. You always have the urge that "you just need one more pair". For the first time in years, i feel liberated by not spending every free dime i have on everything that is coming out.

Remember, the shoes will always be there. But a chance to better your life and improve yourself is something that may not be 8)

Last edited:

To be honest, everything pictured is GONE. I sold most of my Jordans, because the only ones i find myself wearing now are 1s and 3-6 from time to time. The only SBs i have left now are 112 lows, Tiffany highs, and RESNs. One thing i found myself doing is buying multiples of the same colorway and i realized how much money i was wasting. For one, shoes only go for decent money if DS and i wear everything i have. The worst was me having 6 pairs of the Bred 1s. My greatest return investment was selling the oiled Freddy Krugers i bought for $440 for $1450. Anyone who turns down that much cash is a idiot.

Also, women looked at me like i was crazy for investing so much money in sneakers. People think that sneaker collecting is a safe hobby. But it can grow into an addiction that is hard to overcome, just like drugs and alcohol. You always have the urge that "you just need one more pair". For the first time in years, i feel liberated by not spending every free dime i have on everything that is coming out.

Remember, the shoes will always be there. But a chance to better your life and improve yourself is something that may not be 8)

amen... I am currently trying to narrow down to my top 10 and then keep it to 10 from there on out. Problem is that I have 100+ in the collection, and I still play ball twice a week, and I coach high school hoops so basketball shoes is still a big part of my life, however I don't want to use up pairs that I hoop in for my "top 10" because then some of my fave shoes will be gone :x

Happy bday man!! Thanks for the knowledge as well...hope your day was :pimp:

damn so many great pointers, tried to quote on twitter but too many characters lol, Thank you my good man 

24. It is better to hurt your ankle than your knee.
COMPLETELY AGREE. When you hurt your knee, it just gets worse and worse from there smh..
25. When your shot is not falling in a game, DO NOT try and force up more shots. Instead, attack the rack and get to the free throw line. This will get you back in rhythm.
Tell that to like 80% of the dudes on the court 

amen... I am currently trying to narrow down to my top 10 and then keep it to 10 from there on out. Problem is that I have 100+ in the collection, and I still play ball twice a week, and I coach high school hoops so basketball shoes is still a big part of my life, however I don't want to use up pairs that I hoop in for my "top 10" because then some of my fave shoes will be gone :x

for me, it was easy. essentially Bred 1s, Royal 1s, and Shadow 1s are three of my go to shoes. They dont crease that much and i never have to worry about the midsoles cracking. Yeezy Foams are another go to as well. The luxury look of the actual Yeezy 2s with the indestructible resilience of the Foamposite. they make good shoes to wear in the rain because i dont have to worry about creasing or the soles yellowing.

Back
Top Bottom