35+, never married man... society's perception...

marriages, children, and mortgages sound like slow, painful death sentences to me.
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
oh look its you....

Just like he told you, if you have a wife and kids then you have obligations a.k.a you are less likely to quit and pursue that golf career you always wanted to.
They need to be sure that you are willing to be there for the long haul
He said B$%^% to his mama.... How cute
:stoneface:
Pics
?
View media item 648482
clearly the b***** was a joke. :stoneface:

seems kind of like a double edged sword to me though.... because, companies want you to be mobile. being willing to take a different job .

they want you to go to alaska and go to india and go to DC at the drop of a hat...

but at the same time, they want you to be grounded by a family... i think the single guy, although more likely to dip on the company, would also be willing to move at the drop of a hat for a company as well...

also, single guy can work 8-8 monday through saturday... they dont have to go to recitals and child births and wife's parties and kids sporting events...

i would think a single guy no kids would be able to put more into it than the married kid...

double edged sword, i guess.

Homeboy seems like a playa 4 life with cash flow. But society does tend to judge when it comes to "that age" of settling down and all that comes with it. Ppl always gona say stuff, but it aint like hes broke and leeching, and has no life.

Interesting.......

Never considered it being a negative to never be married.

I will say this, I want children and look forward to being parent one day (not now tho), but I have ZERO desire to get married...like absolutely none. I know..society frowns on that :rolleyes, but the concept of marriage to me sounds like a slightly less restrictive house arrest :lol:

You always look salty

You never hesitate at the chance of pushing your SBM Single black man agenda on everyone.

And just to let you know my elbows are quite well rounded.
makes post about 40 year old white man telling me that marriage mattered in his corporate career...

Gets accused of pushing single black man agenda...

Seems legit.

Inb4 someone thinks jimmies are rustled and says something condescending like "settle down children"

I personally don't know if I even WANT to get married. I want kids for sure, but marriage nowadays...

No thanks

People need to realize that everyone will not follow the "traditional" path. I salute your co-worker for staying single. It's tough being a family man. Doable, but tough

All of you who want kids but dont want to get married.

How you figure that's going to work?

Yeah, I don't get it either. You guys make it sound like it takes one person to have a kid. As a man, you're probably not gonna have primary custody and you'll have to pay child support. Even if you have primary custody, who the hell chooses to be a single parent? Its harder on you and stats show its bad the kid

No fault divorce = destruction of 'traditional' family

People were saying it when the bills were passed; they were correct.

There's simply no incentive, for males to get married, honestly even if your wife is the breadwinner, you'll be screwed.

Anything which can be achieved by marriage can be achieved with a decent lawyer and a competent accountant (**** ain't that hard, form a LLC).

It's all ceremony and I'm terrified of all long term non-easily void able contracts.

39+ and single...I'm ready. Ill have nieces and nephews *Kanye shrugs *

I'm open to having children, I want to raise my kids as a gift to this forsaken planet.  Kids are hard work though, I know what my parents sacrificed to raise me and real talk I dunno if I'm about that life right now.
laugh.gif

Marriage tho....
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif

Um...well....I'm pretty sure you just have unprotected sex and not pull out. At least that's what health class taught me :lol:

:rolleyes

As a woman I can go get some sperm, but what can you guys go get.

Singles cant adopt.

Or are you guys trying to find breeders?

Back
Top Bottom