35+, never married man... society's perception...

Definitely an interesting read and crazy how skewed people's perspectives are on marriage but AM1 hit it on the head when he said it's all going to come down to preference.

Yesterday was that day for me :D

View media item 649305
I aint gonna lie, I dont want to get married but I want to have a wedding.

Believe it or not Im going to have a wedding with or with out a marriage blee dat

Word to the "I me wed" movie.

This judgmental **** is wack to me especially when you don't know this 35+ year olds history of relationships, also coming from someone not mature enough to keep it in his relationship.

I was waiting for you to quote me since you threw that sub a page back, real feminine like :lol: old man trying to use my sex life with my woman to argue my perspective of where you should be in life at 35, unreal. I guess if you have threesomes you can't want people to settle down huh? Shame on me :smh:

Old man? chill. How is it feminine like to bring up facts? I don't care about you and your ladies threesomes, that's something ya'll do together. I'm talking about you so adamantly wanting to cheat on her to get it again. Is that settling down?

It was feminine of you to subliminally bring up a post I made in TAY a few pages ago. Settling down is when you feel like cheating (because if you're with someone long enough it'll cross your mind) you find another outlet and get different perspectives so you don't do it, which is what I did. I don't get your point?

I don't see how that's feminine. You want to preach settling regardless of the man's history when you post that you wanted to step outside of yours on here, you have no footing here to discuss this. So other people's opinions are what kept you from cheating? you get the point, play coy all you want to. Judge a man who wants it to be right by getting everything out of his system and knows he won't step out despite the temptation, no 3rd party opinion necessary while you sit and stew about ruining your own. That's immature and hypocritical.

It's wild bro, it's almost like the only reason they mess with females is so they can tell other dudes about it :lol: no genuine like for a woman at all :smh:
same here bro. i guess ive just messed with birds but i have  a genuine hate for most women. i dont even like my moms much. if i  had the option to not crave sex at all i wouldnt even care anymore. 

That's not fair though, you legit married a thot. The signs should've been there, she already abandoned a set of kids. I hope you're not the type to call me bringing that up "feminine", it's what you posted. This is what I want to avoid. I haven't even said I won't be settled by 35, just that I won't judge the man that deems he isn't ready on his own volition.

bro... You clearly implied settling down = getting married...

The semantics bull **** argument is so weak. People see past that. :lol:

And why does he get a congratulations for being married with a famb?

How come I can't get a congrats for being single, making money, and helping out family members?

Why does family = :pimp:?

Nah I implied settling down = having a stable home, children, and the woman you want to spend your life with

At 21 most people are single, making money, and helping their parents out in some way. What you want congrats for? You doing something special bro? :lol:

I'm not even married yet so me telling someone to get married isn't plausible, I'm just saying a 35 year old acting like a 21 year college student? Brain hasn't matured.

Because a 35 year old is single and unmarried that means their brain hasn't matured and they're acting like a college student? :rofl:

Where do you come up with this stuff?

I don't see how that's feminine. You want to preach settling regardless of the man's history when you post that you wanted to step outside of yours on here, you have no footing here to discuss this. So other people's opinions are what kept you from cheating? you get the point, play coy all you want to. Judge a man who wants it to be right by getting everything out of his system and knows he won't step out despite the temptation, no 3rd party opinion necessary while you sit and stew about ruining your own. That's immature and hypocritical.
its feminine for dudes to talk another dudes exploits or sexual habits. Guy Code Article 9.4 subsection 2b.

but even more...
you guys going back and forth like this is feminine.

I think thread is derailed. It's not even about getting married by a certain age anymore. It's about what people are doing in their personal marriages. I tried to come in here and make decent points saying the age thing is wrong. marriage isn't for everyone, but everyone gets defensive and resorts to the weakest attacks on my character and values, without once providing evidence that says being being married > committed and unmarried > dating.  I don't know how some of you guys passed writing proficiencies without the ability to stay on topic and make coherent arguments. Which brings us to our next topic. much more crucial than marriage.

Don't smoke crack

So if I have thoughts of sleeping with someone other than my woman I have no right to be in this discussion? Unreal.
If I ask for someone's POV on relationship issues I can't discuss settling down? Gotcha.
You don't see how subliminally referencing someone instead of addressing them directly is feminine? Cool.

Because a 35 year old is single and unmarried that means their brain hasn't matured and they're acting like a college student? :rofl:

Where do you come up with this stuff?

You all riled up for what reason? I said if you are 35 acting like a 21 year old, your brain has not matured. I never said if you are 35 and not married that you're acting like a college student. Learn the difference.

Last edited:
I've been in relationships, I've cheated, been cheated on, lost the woman I thought I'd marry. Through all of that i'm not jaded towards relationships (and i'm smart enough not to be preachy about them). I just know if it isn't right it makes no sense to force it, and in the meantime you can put your priorities elsewhere to build a lifestyle conducive to family if it does happen. I imagine that's where most older single career men are.

You don't see how subliminally referencing someone instead of addressing them directly is feminine? Cool

It was a statement that while included you, was not just you, don't think you're special. When it came down to it I addressed you directly. I just like to point out the hypocrisy in NT arguments, ie. dislikes BET for it's negative images, posts about blowing trees and getting turnt up with ****. If you don't your **** pointed out, don't post it.

Last edited:
its feminine for dudes to talk another dudes exploits or sexual habits. Guy Code Article 9.4 subsection 2b.
but even more...

you guys going back and forth like this is feminine.

without once providing evidence that says being being married > committed and unmarried > dating.  

Is this a science experiment. Why do you need evidence?

It is a preference.

Do what ever the **** you wanna do.
:lol:

Is this a science experiment. Why do you need evidence?

It is a preference.

Do what ever the **** you wanna do.
laugh.gif
/endthread
sorry OP. 
why society says a man who has everything going for him but is unmarried is frowned upon 

Last edited:
That's not fair though, you legit married a thot. The signs should've been there, she already abandoned a set of kids. I hope you're not the type to call me bringing that up "feminine", it's what you posted. This is what I want to avoid. I haven't even said I won't be settled by 35, just that I won't judge the man that deems he isn't ready on his own volition.
you're right bro . i aint going to get my feelings hurt. i ain't no kid.  Yeah i know what the situation was and you're right but i take it like this . i got turned off by a situation so bad i have hatred for females but thats just how i feel right now. could that change, anything is possible but maybe im just salty . 

There is no right age to marry. Its when people want to but i dont think its a must . That a weird way to think. beyond all of this its just that there isnt equality , it feels like women are above us. Nine times outta ten , with the law, within marriage , girls have it way better then us. which is why many men have hatred towards women ,  and towards marriage. 

you're right bro . i aint going to get my feelings hurt. i ain't no kid.  Yeah i know what the situation was and you're right but i take it like this . i got turned off by a situation so bad i have hatred for females but thats just how i feel right now. could that change, anything is possible but maybe im just salty . 

There is no right age to marry. Its when people want to but i dont think its a must . That a weird way to think. beyond all of this its just that there isnt equality , it feels like women are above us. Nine times outta ten , with the law, within marriage , girls have it way better then us. which is why many men have hatred towards women ,  and towards marriage. 

There are plenty women that feel the same way. Hurt by one man and then from then on, all men are bad. I feel you tho, at least you know your opinion is skewed. Some of these cats have no clue

Last edited:
Nah I implied settling down = having a stable home, children, and the woman you want to spend your life with

At 21 most people are single, making money, and helping their parents out in some way 39, most people are married, taking care of your kidsWhat you want congrats for? You doing something special bro? :lol:

I'm not even married yet so me telling someone to get married isn't plausible, I'm just saying a 35 year old acting like a 21 year college student? Brain hasn't matured.
sounds like this is the same thing you're saying muh g...

And settling down is synonomous with getting married and making children... Stop trying to act like its not and making it seem like we're putting words on your mouth... You know the deal. :lol:

And how is a dude acting like a college student? By your definition, as soon as you leave college, you need to find a chick to spend your life with, settle down, and make children...

Naw bro... A 39 year old man making a 100k... That doesn't have kids and cautious about who he settles down with... Isn't childish. Its being honest with yourself.

Forcing it when youre nkt ready is Considered childish....

:lpl

Last edited:
It's crazy y'all not trying tell me what the hell I meant :lol: I consider myself settled and I'm not married so no that's not what I meant. Most ppl graduate at 25 the latest so if 10 years later you haven't progress in life that's childish and that's what I meant too.

Nigs in here playing semantics

I feel a lot of people get married just because its the social norm and are worried what will family & friends think of them if theyre not married at a certain age. Most of the time those that get married early get divorced in 5-10 years.
If you dont wanna commit to something dont do it cause people around you are doing it or your parents bother you about it.
Amen!

I think its difficult to say what society says because our network does not comprise all of society.  I do not really know that many people over 40 but the ones I do have varying relationship statuses. I have family that isnt married and doesnt have kids. I have family that is just married and I have family that is married with kids. I do not feel any pressure at all to get married. And I feel none of my friends feel pressure to get married either. As far as my situation goes I am 26 living with my girlfriend so its serious. We will get married when Im like 31 because she want to get married before shes 30, that is the tentative plan. And I have to admit I am looking forward to it. Celebrating our relationship with friends and family sounds like a blast. But I cant see myself having kids until at least 35+ if at all. From my experience no one is truly ready for marriage or kids, It is something you just kind of have to do. 

From reading some of these post it does sound like a couple of you have a some what skeptical view of women. All my amigas are super funny talented and fun to hang with. All of them would be great companions. There are a ton of amazing women out there just step outside your comfort zone. And dont be afraid to let love it your heart. Living free and seeing the greatness in people is the best way to live.

I think its difficult to say what society says because our network does not comprise all of society.  I do not really know that many people over 40 but the ones I do have varying relationship statuses. I have family that isnt married and doesnt have kids. I have family that is just married and I have family that is married with kids. I do not feel any pressure at all to get married. And I feel none of my friends feel pressure to get married either. As far as my situation goes I am 26 living with my girlfriend so its serious. We will get married when Im like 31 because she want to get married before shes 30, that is the tentative plan. And I have to admit I am looking forward to it. Celebrating our relationship with friends and family sounds like a blast. But I cant see myself having kids until at least 35+ if at all. From my experience no one is truly ready for marriage or kids, It is something you just kind of have to do. 
sick.gif

thats exactly what i mean. THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT YOUR SPECIFIC SITUATION OR WOMAN. but there are all these great girls out there. you commit. you love em. you chop it up for years.... but they won't let go of the social construct. thats where i have the issue with women. call me jaded if you want but no matter much I love someone the fact that your going to feel some type of way about not having a piece of paper that says you own half my stuff is sketchy. (not getting started on prenups i think thats another thread). And what you boil it down to is MOST of the women have some imaginary married by 30 line that they don't want to cross. So why do they want to get married? so that they can brag to their friends. Look what I got! A man who can't leave me and a diamond ring. They just don't want to face the "ooooh girl he ain't pop the question yet, a good man would've proposed a long time ago" 

and that's some BS. They feel some sort of pressure, so everyone puts the pressure on the man to jump in.. even though things are going beautifully beforehand. Like they have some deep seated jealousy that you could both just walk away with clean slates if you wanted to.

Edit: Nevermind you know what. Maybe its just instincts. They were talking earlier about women eggs going bad. that's probably why. Makes sense to me now. disregard the above. Obviously a dude at 40 isn't tripping about settling down. He can still have kids.

Last edited:
:x
thats exactly what i mean. THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT YOUR SPECIFIC SITUATION OR WOMAN. but there are all these great girls out there. you commit. you love em. you chop it up for years.... but they won't let go of the social construct. thats where i have the issue with women. call me jaded if you want but no matter much I love someone the fact that your going to feel some type of way about not having a piece of paper that says you own half my stuff is sketchy. (not getting started on prenups i think thats another thread). And what you boil it down to is MOST of the women have some imaginary married by 30 line that they don't want to cross. So why do they want to get married? so that they can brag to their friends. Look what I got! A man who can't leave me and a diamond ring. They just don't want to face the "ooooh girl he ain't pop the question yet, a good man would've proposed a long time ago" 

and that's some BS. They feel some sort of pressure, so everyone puts the pressure on the man to jump in.. even though things are going beautifully beforehand. Like they have some deep seated jealousy that you could both just walk away with clean slates if you wanted to.

Edit: Nevermind you know what. Maybe its just instincts. They were talking earlier about women eggs going bad. that's probably why. Makes sense to me now. disregard the above. Obviously a dude at 40 isn't tripping about settling down. He can still have kids.
bong... there it is...

dude said he wasnt tryiung to have babies till after 35 doe...

so... that means his girl is gonna be making babies at 33+ (i think they're two years apart)

That's the perpetually single friend that takes massive L's that's always saying that too. Boggles my mind how they never see a problem with her advice.

That's the perpetually single friend that takes massive L's that's always saying that too. Boggles my mind how they never see a problem with her advice.
Word the group of female friends who give advice on how to keep a man. I love women but they can be very irrational creatures.

Back
Top Bottom