4 DAYS IN OCTOBER...........ESPN 30 FOR 30 / SOX:YANKEES 2004 ALCS, RE-AIR @ 11:30 on ESPN2

Yankees fans check in.

Just a heads up incase anyone didnt know it was on.

Summary:

When the night of October 6, 2004 came to a merciful end, the Curse of the Bambino was alive and well. The vaunted Yankee lineup, led by A-Rod, Jeter, and Sheffield, had just extended their ALCS lead to three games to none, pounding out 19 runs against their hated rivals. The next night, in Game 4, the Yankees took a 4-3 lead into the bottom of the ninth inning, then turned the game over to Mariano Rivera, the best relief pitcher in postseason history, to secure yet another trip to the World Series. But after a walk and a hard-fought stolen base, the cold October winds of change began to blow. Over four consecutive days and nights, this unlikely group of Red Sox miraculously won four straight games to overcome the inevitability of their destiny. Using extensive archive coverage from that week, Major League Baseball Productions will produce a film in "real-time" that takes an in-depth look at the 96 hours that brought salvation to Red Sox Nation and made baseball history in the process.

Yea Im mad it wasnt like the rest.

But it is done somewhat similar. The are showing pregame interviews and interviews with Celeb Boston fans. I mean its the Sox I gotta watch. But you right its not exactly the same.

David Ortiz was on the ultra steroids during the series 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

glued to the TV right now...epic moment in sports in my life.
Exactly, no way I couldnt watch. Im not afraid to say I honestly tear up when I see !@+@ about this series damn near every time.

mannn. there's been a couple times during this where i literally teared up with happiness and memories during this.

this series will be hard to top for me as my greatest sports week...

Watching the Heat game now but I'm gonna catch it at 11 on ESPN2.

Living in Boston at the time, still do, simply some of the best times of my young adult life.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

glued to the TV right now...epic moment in sports in my life.
Exactly, no way I couldnt watch. Im not afraid to say I honestly tear up when I see !@+@ about this series damn near every time.
like i said earlier, i feel the exact same way. and i don't give a !+*$. i honestly feel people don't know HATRED for a team unless you were a Sox fan before 04. i will never hate a team as much as the Yankees.

It's hard to believe that it's been 6 years.

I was talking to about this and the time lapse is just crazy.  Time flies.

I remember this like it was yesterday.  No offense to Red Sox fans but this was when the Red Sox were likeable.  I remember rooting hard for them after the Dodgers were eliminated in the NLDS.  I just wanted the Yankees to suck it.

The whole series was just amazing.  I will never forget it as a baseball fan.

It always takes me to where I was at that point in my life (College
smokin.gif
).  Good !!++!#% times.

...of course what happened after with Red Sox Nation and the obnoxiousness of BoSox fans came of this.  Still doesn't take away from rooting for Pedro, Manny and Big Papi in 2004.

That #$@+ was much better than I expected it to be considering it was done by the MLB. I would have liked to have some more fan interviews just to see all the emotion and everything.

Cuz that was an emotional #*% time in the area.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

It's hard to believe that it's been 6 years.

I was talking to about this and the time lapse is just crazy.  Time flies.

I remember this like it was yesterday.  No offense to Red Sox fans but this was when the Red Sox were likeable.  I remember rooting hard for them after the Dodgers were eliminated in the NLDS.  I just wanted the Yankees to suck it.

The whole series was just amazing.  I will never forget it as a baseball fan.

It always takes me to where I was at that point in my life (College
smokin.gif
).  Good !!++!#% times.

...of course what happened after with Red Sox Nation and the obnoxiousness of BoSox fans came of this.  Still doesn't take away from rooting for Pedro, Manny and Big Papi in 2004.

we were always obnoxious, just never won so it didn't stand out...

this was amazing. the clubhouse shots and all that stuff, just insane...

As much as it pained me to watch it.
frown.gif

This was a pretty good 30 for 30.

If you know the story, I don't see why this was a good doc. Boring as hell to me (started watching 20 mins in).

I watched this, It hurt but I watched.

This is by far the worst sports moment in my life, it was and still is unbearable. I will buy this 30 for 30 and when I'm sad later on in life I'll watch this and remember that it could be worse, it could be 2004.

P.S - I hate Curt Schilling more than any other person in the entire world. He is a scum bag, and I'd love to punch him in the face 10 time then bash him over the head with a shovel.

What hurts even more is following 2004 and more importantly 2006, the Yankees v Red Sox rivalry kinda died. It certainly isn't the same as it was in 2004...

shucks...

anyway side note - it's 2010...on YES (the Yankee network) they are showing a playoff preview for the Yankees and Twins...what is NESN showing about the Red Sox?

yea...i'll wait...

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I watched this, It hurt but I watched.

This is by far the worst sports moment in my life, it was and still is unbearable. I will buy this 30 for 30 and when I'm sad later on in life I'll watch this and remember that it could be worse, it could be 2004.

P.S - I hate Curt Schilling more than any other person in the entire world. He is a scum bag, and I'd love to punch him in the face 10 time then bash him over the head with a shovel.

What hurts even more is following 2004 and more importantly 2006, the Yankees v Red Sox rivalry kinda died. It certainly isn't the same as it was in 2004...

shucks...

anyway side note - it's 2010...on YES (the Yankee network) they are showing a playoff preview for the Yankees and Twins...what is NESN showing about the Red Sox?

yea...i'll wait...

you damn well know that if The Sox had Pedroia, Youk, Ellsbury, Beckett, Martinez & Dice-K for the entire season, they'd have 100 wins and coming into the playoffs with the CY Young winner in either Lester & Buchholz 

Back
Top Bottom