48÷2(9+3) = ???

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

THERES A REASON WHY YOURE PINOY AND NOT BALLING

Very classy. Says so much about your level of education and lack of good upbringing. 
youre being ignorant for all you know im saying a compliment and saying most pinoys are balling because they got a proper education and took notes in their math class to succeed in life

and youre just one of those who didnt pay attention in class and day dreamed
grin.gif
I didn't know that not paying attention in class and day dreaming can get you a bachelor's degree in International Business Management. (with honors at that)
eyes.gif

You'll never see a problem written Ã·(2(9+3)) because you never divide AND multiply. 

Now who's the ignorant one?

Originally Posted by chickhien

48/2(9+3)=
48/(18+6)=
48/24=

Do you see how, by distributing, you are multiplying first therefore not following order of operations? Distributing = Multiplying 
For 2(9+3) to = (18+6) you have to multiply by 2 which does not work.

You have to add what is inside the parentheses first. From there let's see if you can solve the problem correctly

48/2(12) = ???

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

48/2(9+3)=
48/(18+6)=
48/24=

Do you see how, by distributing, you are multiplying first therefore not following order of operations? Distributing = Multiplying 

You have to add what is inside the parentheses first. From there let's see if you can solve the problem correctly

48/2(12) = ???

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

48/2(9+3)=
48/(18+6)=
48/24=

i'm with team 2. distributive property before pemdas.

OR factor out the 48 where 48= 4(9+3)
48/2(9+3)=
4(9+3)/2(9+3)=
4/2=
you cant distribute it...

9 and 3 are like terms so it simplifies out to 12

the 2 comes after a division sign

so you cant distribute it...

its not 2(3+9)

its 48 divided by 2 (9+3)

YOU  CANT JUST BEND THE FUNDAMENTALS OF MATH AROUND

48/2(9+3)=
48/(18+6)=
48/24=

i'm with team 2. distributive property before pemdas.

OR factor out the 48 where 48= 4(9+3)
48/2(9+3)=
4(9+3)/2(9+3)=
4/2=
you cant distribute it...

9 and 3 are like terms so it simplifies out to 12

the 2 comes after a division sign

so you cant distribute it...

its not 2(3+9)

its 48 divided by 2 (9+3)

YOU  CANT JUST BEND THE FUNDAMENTALS OF MATH AROUND

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

48/2(9+3)=
48/(18+6)=
48/24=

48/2(12) = ???

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
If they want to distribute the 2 into the parenthesis, they must also distribute the 48/2 in.  48/2 is one problem, multiplying another problem which is (9+3)/1.  You read from left to right.

TEAM288 Represent.

Very classy. Says so much about your level of education and lack of good upbringing. 
youre being ignorant for all you know im saying a compliment and saying most pinoys are balling because they got a proper education and took notes in their math class to succeed in life

grin.gif
I didn't know that not paying attention in class and day dreaming can get you a bachelor's degree in International Business Management. (with honors at that)
eyes.gif

You'll never see a problem written Ã·(2(9+3)) because you never divide AND multiply. 

you just answered your own question... you aint getting that wiz khalifa money and you can divide and multiply...

im guessing english wasnt your first language

2 is an impossible answer

DISTRIBUTION = MULTIPLICATION

YOU GO LEFT TO RIGHT

TELL ME WHY CALCULATORS SAY 288 and every one who knows wassup with math cosigns

you can argue all you want but theres no debate the answer is 288

im JAY - Z you are NAS

grin.gif
eyes.gif

you just answered your own question... you aint getting that wiz khalifa money and you can divide and multiply...

YOU GO LEFT TO RIGHT

TELL ME WHY CALCULATORS SAY 288 and every one who knows wassup with math cosigns

im JAY - Z you are NAS

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

48/2(9+3)=
48/(18+6)=
48/24=

48/2(12) = ???

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
If they want to distribute the 2 into the parenthesis, they must also distribute the 48/2 in.  48/2 is one problem, multiplying another problem which is (9+3)/1.  You read from left to right.

TEAM288 Represent.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

TEAM288 Represent.
agree wholeheartedly
but can you show that work(distributing the 48/2), I couldn't do it last night 
laugh.gif

[h3]Ok guys, on every forum it's written 48÷2(9+3) and not 48/2(9+3) for a reason... [/h3]
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷ not ////////// myalgebra.com has boss software compared to your lowly german sites 
laugh.gif

grin.gif
eyes.gif

YOU GO LEFT TO RIGHT

im JAY - Z you are NAS

This kid has to be 12.
laugh.gif

[h3]Ok guys, on every forum it's written 48÷2(9+3) and not 48/2(9+3) for a reason... [/h3]
÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷ not ////////// myalgebra.com has boss software compared to your lowly german sites 
laugh.gif

grin.gif
eyes.gif

YOU GO LEFT TO RIGHT

im JAY - Z you are NAS

This kid has to be 12.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

TEAM288 Represent.
agree wholeheartedly
but can you show that work(distributing the 48/2), I couldn't do it last night 
laugh.gif

grin.gif
eyes.gif

yea you do.  look i just wrote a problem:
48÷(2(9+3))

48÷(2(12))

48÷(24)

grin.gif
eyes.gif

yea you do.  look i just wrote a problem:
48÷(2(9+3))

48÷(2(12))

48÷(24)

When you do the parentheses you do anything attached to the parentheses in the same step.

so you'd do 2(9+3) before moving on to the division ..

in PEMDAS you always do the P first, anything attached to the P is also included in the first initial step.

answer 2
/thread.

When you do the parentheses you do anything attached to the parentheses in the same step.

so you'd do 2(9+3) before moving on to the division ..

in PEMDAS you always do the P first, anything attached to the P is also included in the first initial step.

answer 2
/thread.

eyes.gif

YOU GO LEFT TO RIGHT

im JAY - Z you are NAS

This kid has to be 12.
laugh.gif
i see youre finally just taking the  L
pimp.gif

i got stacks on stacks of evidence to back up 288

you have lies to back up your false claim of 2

THIS ISNT OPEN FOR DEBATE

FORGET MYALGEBRA http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=48÷2(9+3)http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=48÷2(9+3)

http://www.wolframalpha.com

eyes.gif

YOU GO LEFT TO RIGHT

im JAY - Z you are NAS

This kid has to be 12.
laugh.gif
i see youre finally just taking the  L
pimp.gif

i got stacks on stacks of evidence to back up 288

you have lies to back up your false claim of 2

THIS ISNT OPEN FOR DEBATE

FORGET MYALGEBRA http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=48÷2(9+3)http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=48÷2(9+3)

http://www.wolframalpha.com

Back
Top Bottom