5 Million People Cut Their Cable Subscription Off

Agree that cable is steadily dying BUT the mainstay of cable/satellite is the DVR feature. Recording live TV so you don't miss a show/event will be cable and satellite around for a long time. People hate searching YouTube for a full episode, concert or game when nobody has taken the time to upload it.

I cancelled my cable about 4 years ago when I found out I could stream literally anything I wanted to watch on my laptop, and hook it up to the tv.
This includes live tv, AND sports.

I really dont know what some of you are talking about as far as the sports are concerned.
I stream sports all the time and the quality in not garbage like some of you say it is. You guys just need to find a better streaming site.
Not to mention the sports that you cant get on Cable like the Mayweather fight or UFC, or soccer matches,

Movies get streamed as well. Unless it is something that I really want to see AND support I stream the DVD quality version about a week or two after it comes out.
For older shows and movies I have netflix.

So all I pay for in a month is Netflix, $60 a year for Xbox live, and $50 a month for unlimited broadband speed internet, with no caps or metering. Way better than paying $100+ a month for cable and limited internet usage.

This logic is funny to me. You are bragging about saving money by illegal streaming as it's some new money saving idea.

Everybody can spend less money on everything if they just steal things.

The triple-play cable companies love it though because it just cuts out the programming fees and they make bank selling internet service. Just wait until the programming co's start asking for a cut of the online streaming money from the cable companies. Then you are going to see some data caps on home usage and/or much higher internet service rates.

Last edited:
I got a extra xfinity cable streaming account if somebody want to link up

Also I got 3 years netflix for $36 I got a lot of gift codes but I can only use 3 at once

I bought the codes for $12 each 1 year

Good look
I was looking at those loaded DroidBOX iMX6 boxes.

Are they the same as gbox mx2?

Also I got 3 years netflix for $36 I got a lot of gift codes but I can only use 3 at once

How do you get these codes?  I pay about $20 per month for netflix..

Last edited:

Can you pm me instructions on how to use your xfinity stream account ?

can someone school me on streaming?

Like how does this work? What sites?

My monthly cable bill is outrageous. I need to switch.

Anyone have a roku or apple tv? How are these?

:nthat:

nthat.gif
if you got comcast internet i think blast or higher, you get free streaming of  most of comcast cable channels. Stream phone xbox tablet or pc/laptop

another note Im coping this

http://matricom.net/

Comcast really just tried to muscle me.

I was paying $30 for intenet, no tax, no modem rental fee. My mom has been asking me to get cable for her since she can't watch her programs on local TV. Decided to hook her up. First bill comes and its $157. They got all types of taxes on here including $16 worth of modem rental fees when I already had my own modem and had been with them for over 3 months now. This **** gotta go. :lol: :smh:

When I move out I'm getting unlimited internet + ball streams and im fine.

All I watch is sports.

I don't even watch tv but my roommate insists on feeding Comcast still. If it was just me now way I'd have cable.

These internet companies are up charging for internet because they know nobody needs a cable box anymore. I just mirror sports to my TV now

Who needs Cable/DirectTV anymore but the INTERNET

Bout to switch back to Comcast from Fios, they're runnin a promo for Internet for like $40/mo. I already have a modem so I'd be smooth. Figure I'd cop that and Sling TV.....Though they need to offer multiple streaming.

nthat.gif
They are just as bad as pron when it comes to long term damage to your laptop. That is why I try to stay away from them

When i move out, its gon be internet only. Unless cable companies allow to select channels for cheaper which i doubt...but i could see the internet companies getting greedy & everything flips around like another user said :smh:

The streams are decent, I watched the mayweather fight on one and it was solid quality, no skipping & not grainy or pixelated.

the streams suffer on football/basketball/baseball games, where HD really makes a huge difference.

I'm probably going to get a sling tv sub, seems like the best deal for ESPN/TNT which is all I need..

Streams are ok but its just like DC said. I gotta virus that crashed my computer while streaming Wrestlemania years ago. Right in the middle of that Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker 2 match too :x i was so sick :smh:

Back
Top Bottom