50 Cent - Before I Self Destruct Album Thread (NOVEMBER 16th) (Digital Release: November 9th)

Album is still gettin mad play, really surprised with this one. "Strong Enough" is my new favorite

Originally Posted by sneaktrix

Basura in its purest form, 50s finished and Ross won.

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

I consider myself a big 50 fan and this album is his weakest effort out of the last 4....

Best song is Stretch. It's the only track I can play back consecutively while cruising through the hood.

Not to say he doesn't have any other quality songs (Death To My Enemies, So Disrespectful, Psycho, Strong Enough, Do You Think About Me [My boy Roc camethrough!], Ok, You're Right).

But this album has WAY less bangers than Curtis (Man Down, Fully Loaded Clip, Come & Go, Movin' On Up, etc.).

And way less than The Massacre (In My Hood, Supposed To Die Tonight, Ski Mask Way, Ryder Music, Disco Inferno, Just A Lil Bit, etc...).

Like I said, Stretch is the only song imo that I can KNOCK. Meaning, turn up and blast while slow moving through BK.

Put it this way, I've heard 1 or 2 of Fif's mixtapes that were better than this album.
tired.gif

Solid album. But not anywhere close to his previous efforts.

i still aint even listen to this........then again i never listened to massacre or curtis.

birdman album>50 album

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Originally Posted by Sosincere09

maybe its just me but..... 50 can't win...if he is doing introspective songs people are crying he has gone soft then when he does some real g %%%@ everybody complains over that...its ridiculous. jay-z has been rapping about the same thing since blueprint, if you deny that you are a fool.

QFT.

BISD is not going to sell well, according to 50s standards.

50s screwed right now, mainstream doesn't want the hardcore, they're too busy singing, rocking mohawks and skinny jeans, 50 doesn't fit in.

Scenario 1: 50 makes a hard album + mainstream doesn't want it + only core fans purchase = poor sales
Scenario 2: 50 makes a softer album + mainstream MIGHT show interest + core fans dont want it = poor sales
Scenario 3: don't release an album

what can FIF do???

Speaking for myself, Ill ALWAYS buy his album if I know he's giving me the dark, gritty, empty a clip in you type of material, so FIF should stick to that.

I think the issue is that 50 lost the balance between hardcore and pop. On Curtis, he went too far soft with the music, so this time around, he's going waytoo far hardcore. His ability to craft catchy hooks and catchy tracks has been watered down. Not saying it's gone, but he hasn't done much. With theJay and Ross antics, it shows he needs to be focusing more on the music ...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

maybe its just me but..... 50 can't win...if he is doing introspective songs people are crying he has gone soft then when he does some real g %%%@ everybody complains over that...its ridiculous. jay-z has been rapping about the same thing since blueprint, if you deny that you are a fool.

QFT.

50s screwed right now, mainstream doesn't want the hardcore, they're too busy singing, rocking mohawks and skinny jeans, 50 doesn't fit in.

Scenario 1: 50 makes a hard album + mainstream doesn't want it + only core fans purchase = poor sales
Scenario 2: 50 makes a softer album + mainstream MIGHT show interest + core fans dont want it = poor sales

what can FIF do???

Speaking for myself, Ill ALWAYS buy his album if I know he's giving me the dark, gritty, empty a clip in you type of material, so FIF should stick to that.

I think the issue is that 50 lost the balance between hardcore and pop. On Curtis, he went too far soft with the music, so this time around, he's going way too far hardcore. His ability to craft catchy hooks and catchy tracks has been watered down. Not saying it's gone, but he hasn't done much. With the Jay and Ross antics, it shows he needs to be focusing more on the music ...

Exactly

If he can find that middle ground , hes straight.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Originally Posted by illfrozn

QFT.

what can FIF do???

I think the issue is that 50 lost the balance between hardcore and pop. On Curtis, he went too far soft with the music, so this time around, he's going way too far hardcore. His ability to craft catchy hooks and catchy tracks has been watered down. Not saying it's gone, but he hasn't done much. With the Jay and Ross antics, it shows he needs to be focusing more on the music ...

Exactly

If he can find that middle ground , hes straight.

i agree with that... the only thing missing from this album was the 50 Cent Anthem Club Banger. Im still enjoying the album and im sure Gangsta rap fans aretoo. The Invitation Just Cracked the hot 100 without any promotion.

i went to cop BISD a couple of days ago, but the one best buy i went to was sold out of them
smh.gif

i copped it yesterday at Target though.
cd is dope
pimp.gif
havent had time to watch the dvd yet

got it at best buy black friday, $9.99...def worth it...they didnt have any of the copies with the JMJ documentary tho

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i still aint even listen to this........then again i never listened to massacre or curtis.

birdman album>50 album
as far as whippin up and down da FDR recklessly.... its debatable
laugh.gif

birdman album is TUFF

Replace Track 10-12 with Redrum, Talkin' In Codes, And They Burn Me and this album would be classic. Tracks 10-12 mess up the flowof the entire album. Terrible executive producer decision who ever made it.

BISD is a pretty good album seriously!!
Everytime i decide to listen to it i always let the album go through more than once in the cd player.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Crime Wave is wack.

Won't do more than 500k.

He'll do that his first week...

LOL.

[table][tr][td]ninjahood[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]
Originally Posted by Lazy B

Crime Wave is wack.

Won't do more than 500k.
laugh.gif

50 goin plat...as usual

[/td][/tr][/table]  

LOL.

The first 8 tracks went hard... Who so ever signed off on the 2nd half of this cd needs to be shot....

1-8, 15 was on the way to GRODT
9-10, 13 Killed the flow of the album (Strong Enough & Get It Hot, Baby By Me)
11 good song (Gangsta's Delight)
12 is in between (I Got Swag)
14,16- You have to relate to, to like it. (Do You Think About Me, Could've Been You)

Still a really good album though

Full version of C.R.E.A.M. 2009 would have set the album right

Back
Top Bottom