50 "cross trainers" that need to be retroed. Get to work Nike

the brett favres NEED to retro (my fav football player of all time). And I'm about to cop the OG air max trainer 91s in that white/marina colorway. The grey/yellow cw is one of my favorite shoes of all time, but I think I just might like the jade/marina/whites more. Oh yea, and Agassis aren't technically trainers but Nike needs to PROPERLY retro the agassi air tech challenges (and ATC 2, 4)

I cant remember what they were called, but they were a trainer that came out in about 98, they were black with hints of red and silver. Low top. I remember the commercial was a football training one. I had them as a kid but havent seen them since. Any help??

I cant remember what they were called, but they were a trainer that came out in about 98, they were black with hints of red and silver. Low top. I remember the commercial was a football training one. I had them as a kid but havent seen them since. Any help??

8) Real nice TW lite I.

How is the leather quality? Is it an illusion or was that era pretty darn solid? I have seen a few wear those. Without a visible air unit, you may be okay for a few wears.

Even the sockliner looks fuzzy and plush.. Those were the days... Today synthetics reign supreme

Last edited:
8) Real nice TW lite I.
How is the leather quality? Is it an illusion or was that era pretty darn solid? I have seen a few wear those. Without a visible air unit, you may be okay for a few wears.
Even the sockliner looks fuzzy and plush.. Those were the days... Today synthetics reign supreme

the quality of leather used for these is great. these are very well built shoes. midsoles are firm and the only signs of age really is the " nike air" on the heel tab a few letters have fallen off and the material used for the swoosh is starting to crack. im going to clean these up and ill post up a few more pics.

Does anyone remember a cross trainer 95-98 that was black wit silver piping and blue accents and it had a piranha on the bottom of the heel air bubble?!?

I have a pair of these that I just decided to wear to the gym.  Honestly they don't make em ilk this anymore...

please Nike..... Jr High memories right there. I used to hate friends that got all the "cool" kicks back then.

I remember almost geting those TWs at Big5 (most of the shoes I got back then I only got em because they went on sale for cheap there) but when I called they didnt have my size
frown.gif

There used to be a shoe store by my friends house when those trainer 93s dropped, and everytime we would go the Albertsons to buy candy (
laugh.gif
) we'd stop by the shoe store and I'd look at em. Then I'd step on the big air unit display they had trying to see how the "AIR" felt.

these are the glory days

^ Ah, I see what you're saying... no, they didn't say "trainer" on the box though...

Here in this catalog scan, as you can see, they're under "Men's Cross-Training"... Diamond Turfs mixed in with the Trainer Accels and Carnivores.

Grifs mixed in with some presumably football trainers under "Turf Training"... but still considered to be "Training".
1996-nfl-nike-2.jpg

As for a "Cross Trainer" vs just "Trainer" discussion... I'll just leave that to Wally... 
laugh.gif
I'm thinking about buying those air slants

yea, but i can't find any info. the guy at Champs said they came in yesterday. the colorway is so ill i wonder why nike came up with it and what else will get that cw.

It is simlar to the aj1 Joker cw.

Last edited:
Rip junior seau btw

Looks like He has on the speed turfs in those pics but the air missions were his shoe :nthat: #55 on the straps

Last edited:
I just had a bit of a revelation over the weekend. 95% of these shoes I have personally never seen in person. It's just that wishful thinking we have where we may get to see them reborn again. So getting that chance to see something with your own eyes is a nice moment...

So I was at this brewery event Saturday and came across this younger guy (early 20s) who had on a old pair of cross trainers

These specifically on the left
Air-Cross-Trainer-Low-infrared--Black-Kiwi-173001-110-173001-010-1large.jpg

http://sneakernews.com/2011/03/09/n...-iv-low-white-infrared-original-pair-on-ebay/

how they were wearable, I haven't a clue. Definitely from '92 though.

They were so much nicer in person. The infrared just so bright and vibrant. The mesh netting behind the swoosh just popping things off so nicely.. The all white leather base setting the perfect backdrop for the bright accent pieces. That was a fine piece of 23 year old footwear

My fondness for the early cross trainer era has hit a new high after seeing shoes I dream of releasing on a persons foot being worn.

I've had this moment in the past with other trainers. But going over that 20 year mark, these sighting are becoming rare.. RETROS need to happen ASAP!

I have no idea how the hell the one from 92 can still be rocked since I've got many I had to throw away even though some were def. newer than 92 for sure.

BTW, I've got question to ask (prob. most suited to Wally?) since I had a funny experience about my Cross Trainer Lo (one of the Safari ones Wally posted its pic on the 1st page) just the other day.
Recently, I was contacted by someone whom probably learned that I have that one through kicks-box (where i uploaded its pic while ago) and was told that he wants to buy that one. Although I didn't deal with that guy coz it later became pretty much clear that he was trying to fraud on me, he said he's willing to drop $800+ for the completely unwearable shoe and it was without even asking its size.
So, my question to y'all is...., how much you guys willing to drop if that particular model appears on eBay now?

Back
Top Bottom