6 girls lineup to spell N****r on picture day

The "16" for their Class of 2016 shirt. It is slick though. Obviously, it is not their school slogan for their class 
laugh.gif

I get what they saying about they made it (graduating), but they gotta be smart enough to know that it wasn't going to fly over well, lol

Younger kids (some not all) don't really see an issue with the word and use it like a regular word with their friends. Weird? Odd? Find another word....yes

Then he ended it with Tucson > Phx

You know that's a damn lie :lol:

I'm beginning to think you got a flat tire driving through here on the I-10 or something, if you find yourself here again I'll buy you a slice of Costco pizza and we can talk about it

:lol:

My cousin took his car out there one time and it was nothing there, litterally saw tumbleweeds

Haven't seen a tumbleweed and I live here :smh:

Tell your cousin the pizza offer extends to him too. Y'all can come meet me and the Tucson Cornball Committee

And in case you NY cats get any ideas from this thread

AZ still >>> NY
:rofl: never change, fam.

Haven't seen a tumbleweed and I live here
mean.gif

Tell your cousin the pizza offer extends to him too. Y'all can come meet me and the Tucson Cornball Committee

And in case you NY cats get any ideas from this thread

AZ still >>> NY
But what can AZ rats do? 
nerd.gif

As a black suburban Arizonan, let me shed some context to the situation. In the southern part of Phoenix there is a mountain called South Mountain. On the southern side of the mountain there is the community of Ahwatukee(suburbs), which is where these girls live. It's really isolated from the rest of the city and as you can guess is inhabited by a mostly white crowd. On the northern side of the mountain is the community of Laveen/South Phoenix (urban), which has a sizable black population. Ahwatukee's official motto is "the nice side of the hill", which tells you what you need to know about the attitude of the people that live there.

No defense for this kind of behavior in my opinion, the state of AZ needs to hold this L for this :smh:

Tucson >>> Phoenix

I'm an african-american resident of Arizona as well, Phoenix to be exact. And I was in agreeance with you and everything you said up to the last statement. Phoenix is by far greater than Tucson. And ASU >>>> UofA for that matter.

I didn't read through all the pages, but did anyone mention the school in VA this year (a couple counties from me nonetheless) where a couple girls wore these to school as their "Class of..." shirts?

Screen-Shot-2015-10-29-at-2.57.19-PM.jpg

http://www.eurweb.com/2015/10/virginia-hs-students-pose-in-n16ga-we-made-it-tees-pic/

Since they are really just repeating rap lyrics, this doesn't really bother me. They still need to understand why they shouldn't be using that word but I also understand that there are white people that idolize some of these black rappers and are going to repeat their lyrics and be front row at the concerts singing along.

If we are going to show outrage, we should direct it to the rapper that is acting like it ok to talk like this.

Last edited:
Since they are really just repeating rap lyrics, this doesn't really bother me. They still need to understand why they shouldn't be using that word but I also understand that there are white people that idolize some of these black rappers and are going to repeat their lyrics and be front row at the concerts singing along.

If we are going to show outrage, we should direct it to the rapper that is acting like it ok to talk like this.

That's pretty much how I feel about them with that. Same when they at the Kanye shows singing Gold Digger word for word or something.

i hate the music argument

just because its in the music doesnt give them a pass

the worst kind of cultural appropriation, its really re-appropriation

if fetty wap came out with a song talmbout ******* and ***** i doubt theyd be singing along to that

Music is a slippery slope...can you imagine if Jay-Z and Kanye collaborated and had a song about doin' their thing overseas, but with repeated use of a slur?

The fact thar we even have to wxplain to people why white people shouldnt use the word in any situation should be troubling to everyone.

i hate the music argument

just because its in the music doesnt give them a pass

the worst kind of cultural appropriation, its really re-appropriation

if fetty wap came out with a song talmbout ******* and ***** i doubt theyd be singing along to that

Nobody is saying it is OK, just that some people aren't outraged or really bothered by it.

They are young, immature and have a lot to learn.

For all I know, they could be down with Black Lives Matter and out there protesting to save black lives. Or they could be racist, I don't know.

I'm just not going to assume racism when it is probably just ignorance.

The fact thar we even have to wxplain to people why white people shouldnt use the word in any situation should be troubling to everyone.

the fact that the word is being held onto is troubling to me.

you cant have a word that depending on who uses it means something hateful or as a term of endearment.

thats just absurd.

context is everything.

let it go. its 2016.

the fact that the word is being held onto is troubling to me.

you cant have a word that depending on who uses it means something hateful or as a term of endearment.

thats just absurd.

context is everything.

let it go. its 2016.
sick.gif
 are you black?

He kinda gotta point. At this point, we're just throwing it back and forth in each other faces.

As far as letting it go, I hope he means stop saying it.

He kinda gotta point. At this point, we're just throwing it back and forth in each other faces.

As far as letting it go, I hope he means stop saying it.
He has no ******* point.

Like it's 2016.

Whites should have NO opinion on the word yet alone mumble it!

And it's even a bigger shame they have blacks supporting the "well if they can't use it nobody can" movement.

white people used ****** as a slur towards black people

black people took the power out of that word, ******, and created ***** as a term of endearment

now white people want/should be able to enjoy the use of the word that black people created specifically because white people made it a slur in the first place

and then tell black people that if they arent going to use it in its original form then dont use it all

Tbh, I'm torn on the whole, "stop saying it" thing.

If we stop saying, it's like erasing racism. I'm sure whites would love to remove that stain from history, but if we keep saying like we've saying it, of course they're gonna wanna say. We putting it in song titles and whatnot. Especially the kids that don't really know where it came from.

If we stop saying, it's like erasing racism. I'm sure whites would love to remove that stain from history, but if we keep saying like we've saying it, of course they're gonna wanna say. We putting it in song titles and whatnot. Especially the kids that don't really know where it came from.
laugh.gif
 you honestly think if blacks stopped saying it whites would too?

I think once blacks stop saying it, it will give the the word extreme power to the whites who wouldn't stop using it.

Just think about it.

it really comes down to educating people on the history of the world and why it shouldnt be said

tell a kid that they cant say it and they will go out of their way to say it like they do every other curse word 

:lol:  you honestly think if blacks stopped saying it whites would too?

I think once blacks stop saying it, it will give the the word extreme power to the whites who wouldn't stop using it.

Just think about it.

Exactly. If we stop saying it as a term of endearment, it's gonna go back to what it was.

If we keep putting it in songs and using it as term of endearment, they just gonna play innocent about.

You can't say, "white people cant say it...". If a white person said you can't do anything, oh ****.

Should we stop saying, or get hypocritical with the hypocrites?

look whos writing the curriculum. you think proper education of the n-word will ever be taught?

also why its acceptable for a group of people to say it present day?

confederate flags (with exception to Mississippi) are down, its time to let go (not stop saying it) of the n-word.

just be smart and know when someone is using it as a form of hatred and punch them in the face.

Last edited:
look whos writing the curriculum. you think proper education of the n-word will ever be taught?

also why its acceptable for a group of people to say it present day?

confederate flags are down, its time to let go (not stop saying it) of the n-word.

just be smart and know when someone is using it as a form of hatred and punch them in the face.

:lol: :lol:

Go look at the Mississippi state flag papi

Back
Top Bottom