$600 shoe or package in the works for JB........

Even if they put blk Cement 3s and blk/red 4s with Nike AIR  on both with the highest quality since 1999, that would still be too expensive

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Fire Red Pack for Black Friday, III - V. Don't see it being $200 a pair though. Likely $500 retail for the 3 pairs plus tax. So $540-$550 for the package. No single $600 shoe or 2 pair pack is dropping for $600. That's lunacy.
The 2006 Thunder 4 pack (1 pair of shoes and a jacket) was $500 and the Lightning 4's (one pair of shoes) were $250.... With the price inflation since 2006, its not that far fetched..... And those were both new colorways, out the blue....

Last edited:
Fire Red Pack for Black Friday, III - V. Don't see it being $200 a pair though. Likely $500 retail for the 3 pairs plus tax. So $540-$550 for the package. No single $600 shoe or 2 pair pack is dropping for $600. That's lunacy.
THIS

The 2008 Thunder 4 pack (1 pair of shoes and a jacket) was $500 and the Lightning 4's (one pair of shoes) were $250.... With the price inflation since 2008, its not that far fetched..... And those were both new colorways, out the blue....

I just see their model having changed drastically since 2008 when demand wasn't a drop in the bucket compared to now. The number of limited and special edition releases, where you're paying $250 for a limited shoe and $250 for a jacket, well those were much more frequent. Other than the DB's there hasn't been a truly limited retro shoe from JB in two years really (last one I can remember being the YOTR VII's). They have to accomodate a much bigger demand/pool of customers now, which is part of the reason why I think they've cut down on any limited packs or online-only releases. Do you think it's a coincidence that the Bin series is pretty much dead right now? Once demand sinks back down, they'll start dropping higher priced, limited releases, but in 2013? I just don't see it happening. I'm sure you could argue the $200 88's flies in the face of what I've said, but I maintain these are going to be big numbers too, and really not out of line with current retro pricing when you have $185 or $190 XI's with no distinguishing features from retros in the past decade.

although I think each shoe would be 180 each x 3 = 540 + tax depending on state or country so that will hover around $600

I think it'd have to be 3 pairs of serious heat to justify to serious collectors to drop 600 on a pack, on the bright side this would all but eliminate the highschoolers and average joes off the street trying to flip Jordan's for 50 bucks...

I'd also say that it makes sense from a cost perspective to release the Fire Red collection in a pack rather than individually because they can cut down on the number of releases they have to manage, reduce distribution costs, etc. while still producing GR numbers and making a bigger splash profit wise for Black Friday weekend. For consumers it would also probably be easier to save for a $500 pack rather than dropping $160+ 3 weekends in a row. So I'm actually all in favor of a $500 FR pack.

And THIS is why many (myself included) are on their way on to retirement. $600 effin' dollars?!

Time to get out, this hobby's no fun anymore, and there ain't no shoe out there that can pull me back. I've learned to live with the Jumpman...bringing back Nike Air you say? Too little too late.

And THIS is why many (myself included) are on their way on to retirement. $600 effin' dollars?!

Time to get out, this hobby's no fun anymore, and there ain't no shoe out there that can pull me back. I've learned to live with the Jumpman...bringing back Nike Air you say? Too little too late.

What are you even talking about? There isn't going to be a $600 retail shoe dropping. This alarmist mentality just proves how dense the average consumer is.

He's pretty legit. But you new to NT, so you wouldn't knw.
I been on Niktalk since 2004 been banned multiple times. Dude comes to every JB release date and gives some phony boloni source. I can play that game too. I  chill and smoke bluntswith Capone and Nore. lol

What are you even talking about? There isn't going to be a $600 retail shoe dropping. This alarmist mentality just proves how dense the average consumer is.
Yeah, I agree that this has to be some type of pack.... I would have to be at least 3 pair in the pack for me to buy, and they would have to be good shoes...  I have no clue what they could do to a single pair of shoes to ask for $600.....

I been on Niktalk since 2004 been banned multiple times. Dude comes to every JB release date and gives some phony boloni source. I can play that game too. I  chill and smoke bluntswith Capone and Nore. lol
Fam, I been right every single time... The only info I didnt get right was by saying the 2nd drop of the Altitudes were just like the first ones, but they came out with mesh..... What are you talking about? As far as this high priced pack, I was not the only person with legit info to drop this news.... (Kanye shrug) Still will drop news....

Last edited:
better be at least 3 pairs of shoes in that damn pack ****..jb is going to milk it right now bc they know they got the youngns in the palm of their hands..theyll buy anything jb releases (retros that is)

Something I posted a while ago as a joke. :lol:
In the 88 retro III thread.

Alright so here's the word from my source in Oregon....Maybe some of y'alls dreams will be answered.

This is just to startup the Hype machine for the comeback of the Nike Air.

JB will be releasing shoes 1-6 in 2 packs. 1 White based and one Black based

Y'all wonder why "Chicago" 1s didn't get the Nike Air treatment???? Well maybe this will help.

Shoes will be made with Premium Quality and comes in a wooden chest with wooden shoe trees, all kind of cute knick knacks etc. Will be limited of course.

Shoes will be only sold in the 6 pack.. yes you heard that right. 6 pack!!!!

Retail is set to be $1800... This can change, but as of now this is what it's set at.

Last edited:

Maybe I should clarify: I wasn't expecting this to be a single $600 shoe. I meant that it doesn't matter what shoes are in the pack (ie. a 3/4/5 pack with NA), packs suck to begin with and now they're upping the ante?

JB will probably do what they've done in the past: toss in one crap shoe in there to get your to buy the pair you want

Last edited:
Maybe I should clarify: I wasn't expecting this to be a single $600 shoe. I meant that it doesn't matter what shoes are in the pack (ie. a 3/4/5 pack with NA), packs suck to begin with and now they're upping the ante?

JB will probably do what they've done in the past: toss in one crap shoe in there to get your to buy the pair you want

Like I mentioned just a bit ago, you're really jumping to conclusions when you ignore what the model currently is. The last two packs have been the infrared and GMP. Neither was much over retail for 2 standalone releases. If there's a pack released this year, you're talking a fairly modest jump from the pricing of the GMP's last year ($175 a shoe). I could see $180. However, to think there will be a $600, 2 shoe pack is a drastic jump that falls way outside the current retro pricing model, in which everything retails for $200 or less. It makes way more sense to gradually increase the prices by $5-$20 a year in order to maintain loyalty rather than piss off your target market by a 50% increase in price. Jordan Brand is trying to reach a large market right now that wants their product, and (truly) limited high price releases are clearly not part of that strategy. That's what companies targeting a niche do, and with sales this strong (stronger than they have ever been), it makes no sense to employ that contradictory sales strategy. That's why I feel your outlook is completely alarmist, without merit and flying in the face of all facts and logic.

Like I mentioned just a bit ago, you're really jumping to conclusions when you ignore what the model currently is. The last two packs have been the infrared and GMP. Neither was much over retail for 2 standalone releases. If there's a pack released this year, you're talking a fairly modest jump from the pricing of the GMP's last year ($175 a shoe). I could see $180. However, to think there will be a $600, 2 shoe pack is a drastic jump that falls way outside the current retro pricing model, in which everything retails for $200 or less. It makes way more sense to gradually increase the prices by $5-$20 a year in order to maintain loyalty rather than piss off your target market by a 50% increase in price. Jordan Brand is trying to reach a large market right now that wants their product, and (truly) limited high price releases are clearly not part of that strategy. That's what companies targeting a niche do, and with sales this strong (stronger than they have ever been), it makes no sense to employ that contradictory sales strategy. That's why I feel your outlook is completely alarmist, without merit and flying in the face of all facts and logic.
I like the way you speak boy! (Django voice) +1 rep

Only way I can see people dropping $600 if they have the Banneds in the pack as one shoe, since they won't that much for em to begin with. JB could release em lk that.

600 for one shoe it better suck me and f*ck me for that price. Or aleast come with nike + chip that gets me off.:rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom