7 Most Annoying Gym Personalities !

Most people just want to go to the gym to work out in peace so they can get rid of that muffin top or get back into the skinny jeans. However, sometimes, andwe have all seen one of these gym characters at one time or another, going to the gym can be stressful or unpleasant because of these gym types:
  • The cell phone gabber: Having a cell with you at the treadmill or elliptical is fine if you're waiting for some important call that will take like a minute or two. I'm talking about the gossipers who have to gab on the phone the entire 30-45 minutes they are doing cardio. Turn off the cell as no one else wants to hear about your analysis of what Doris thinks about Susan.
  • The Casanova: This is the guy who just doesn't get the hint that you are just not that into him. He'll see the open treadmill next to you, and jump on it. He'll see you go into yoga class and set up his mat right next to you. He'll see you doing weights and ask you if you need a spot. Guys, if a woman really is interested in you that way she will clearly let you know at the first attempt. In the meantime, you're making her want to avoid the gym instead of enjoying it.
  • The Farter: This one needs no explanation.
  • Profuse sweaty dude: I only pick on the guys because the majority of profusely sweaty people at the gym are dudes because of all that muscle mass. Now, I don't have a problem with profuse sweat, it's the ones who sweat all over the equipment and don't have the consideration to wipe up after themselves. They leave bucket loads of sweat on the cardio machines, the mats, and the weights, and who wants to exercise using something with all that bodily fluid wetness around. Icky! Please be considerate and wipe up.
  • Makeup chick: If I pick on the guys, I'll pick on the ladies to be fair. Makeup chick is the one who so obviously goes to the gym to get the attention of guys or cause mass jealousy with other women. Her M.O. She has hair as long as Beyonce and she never puts it in a ponytail, and it's perfectly coiffed as if she is going clubbing. She's always wearing something form fitting that practically shows butt cheek. She works out hard enough to create the illusion of working out yet not hard enough to sweat because it would smear her makeup. In the locker room, she will walk around fully naked as to remind all the other women how much better her body is than anyone else's.
  • The machine hog: This is the person who clearly sees that other people are waiting to use the piece of equipment he/she is using and instead of hurrying along, they take longer. It's almost as if they are doing it on purpose just to see if they can get attention. Yes, you have our attention. It's just not the positive kind.
  • The Peacock: These are the folks who like to stare at themselves in the mirror on the gym floor or in the locker room as they admire their muscles and or skinniness, in the case of women. They pose, flex, and twist to see the backside. "Yup, look at my body of perfection." They are the flaunters, and they want the rest of us to be reminded of that. There's nothing wrong with being proud of the results of all your hard work, but all the posing in front of others when it's not the Mr./Miss perfect body contest is showing off.

Feel free to add more!!

- Lieutenant Dan ol' looking *@% *!*%$%...working the bench and curls all day and doing nothing for their legs.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

The guy who curls at the squat rack: this is a squat rack %$%*!@@%@#@!. Go to the dumbbell rack you %$%*!@@%@#@!
mad.gif
smh.gif

The guy who yells Ronnie Coleman phrases: before this character does a set he blurts out some of the great Ronnie Coleman's phrases. I am guilty of this
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
YEEEEAAAAHHHP BUddAAAY!!

The 20 minute resting at a station guy:
smh.gif
smh.gif
you always wait for this guy to finish his sets. Often seen staring into space, jamming to his iPod, etc.

The ego lifter: he wants to look all macho in front of everybody by putting like 10 plates on the bar or lifting something that he knows is too heavy for him.What's so bad about this? Well his form is all wrong and they're all cheat reps
smh.gif
. You feel sorry for his back when he does deadlifts.

Theres the teenagers who come in but does everything wrong, and on top of that is trying to show his friend the "right" way to do the exercises.

A couple of these might apply to some of you but not all. What I've noticed at my school gym and back home.

-Gang of skinny Asians gathered around one bench press. Each guy is clearly lifting more than he should be. Usually each guy has the technique all wrong andthey can get pretty loud/rowdy.
-'Frat' guys that are pretty similar to the group mentioned above. They aren't as bad though because they actually know what they are doing. Sometimes there is a little too much socializing going on though; for my taste at least.
-The very large, portly guys who only curl five pounds. I know everyone has to start somewhere, but if I see a 250lb dude curling .02% of his body weight...Ijust don't know.
-Hot girls that barely work-out and appear to be at the gym to flaunt. Now I can't complain about this, because they are pretty easy on the eyes. But Imean...seriously...waste of space in the weight room.
-Firefighters. At my school, if you go to the gym early (around 10-11AM) all of the local firefighters will roll up and hit the weights big time. You canalways tell because you can see two or three huge fire trucks chillin' in the lot. I don't have a problem with them...they all seem like seasoned vetswith really tight and yet at the same time very loose old man skin. It's funny because sometimes you see them all run out if there is a fire call.
-When I'm lifting or doing something in front of a mirror, that dude that will just step right in front of your sight of vision...always irks me.
-Just people with absolutely no gym etiquette. You know the ones that don't wipe down machines, put weights back, cut in front of you, are excessivelyloud, etc.

-When I'm lifting or doing something in front of a mirror, that dude that will just step right in front of your sight of vision...always irks me.

lol hate those peoples

Usher - dudes weighing a buck 20, who spend more time looking at their abs in the mirror rather than working out/or skinny dudes in beaters who thinkthey're huge
laugh.gif

Bob the builder - dudes who stay working out in their job site clothes....complete w. the Wolverine boots..."work like hell, feel like heaven."

The Octopus - the dude who has tried to stake their claim on about 8 stations in the gym....one minute on the leg press, runs over to do db curls, runs over todo lat pull-downs, etc etc...and NEVER racks any of the weights...in situations like this, I just butt in....i couldn't give two ***** about ruining theircircuit. It's a public gym.

Jim Neidhart - fat dudes who rock the zubaz pants & lifting belts...

-The guy who spends all his time at the gym so he knows everyone and comes in greeting each person
- The milf who walks around in spandex all done up looking for attention
- The group of younger girls all just playing around
- The old couples
- The competitors trying to compete with friends
- The skinny guy who is trying to do way more than he should
- The old guy who is trying to show the younger people that he can still lift like he was 20

The Know it all: The guy who always has to tell you a better exercise or what you should be doing
The Fat Trainer: MF how you gonna traine me?

I can't stand the people who gotta slam the weights down every time. And I'm not talking about free weights either. These guys will slam down a stackof plates on a cable machine.

I've seen at least 3 lists like this, and each one is different.

I personally find it irritating when people use an adjustable bench to do a flat bench exercise when there's a regular flat bench right next to theadjustable one. This seems to always happen when I need to incline dumbbell press or something.

Originally Posted by Purple Face

The guy who curls at the squat rack: this is a squat rack %$%*!@@%@#@!. Go to the dumbbell rack you %$%*!@@%@#@!
mad.gif
smh.gif

This is my #1 pet peeve. Get the %&*^ out of there!!

Originally Posted by Zen Baller

I've seen at least 3 lists like this, and each one is different.

I personally find it irritating when people use an adjustable bench to do a flat bench exercise when there's a regular flat bench right next to the adjustable one. This seems to always happen when I need to incline dumbbell press or something.

My gym has like 3 flat benches and then like 9 adjustables, and people are always using the flat for something corny like the tricep thing with ur feet onthe floor or doing sit ups ($%%?). So I figure I could adjust the adjustable down to flat, damn near killed myself. It flipped over backwards while I was doingmy reps and I damn near dropped the weight on my face while flipping backwards
laugh.gif

also the gay guy who wears a pink leather tank top and blue diamond earrings with 6 nose pierces 3 on each side, and brown converses that are laced so thightthat you can see his big toe getting small.

The guy who yells Ronnie Coleman phrases: before this character does a set he blurts out some of the great Ronnie Coleman's phrases. I am guilty of this
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
YEEEEAAAAHHHP BUddAAAY!!

LIGHT WEIGHT!! LIGHT WEIGHT!! ...Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but nobody wanna lift these heavy $$+ weights.

The polo gang: the group of indians who come to the gym with their buddies in levi jeans, Polos, and beach sandals. They dont lift, all they do is walk aroundand talk to each other.

...trust me I see this A LOT at the gym I go to. One day I went to the gym and these dudes were actually taking PICTURES FOR THEIR FACEBOOOK! At the gym! Theywere crowding the machine I was using and just snapping pics...disgrace to the gym
smh.gif

Firefighters. At my school, if you go to the gym early (around 10-11AM) all of the local firefighters will roll up and hit the weights big time. You can always tell because you can see two or three huge fire trucks chillin' in the lot.

Quite the observation. You should become a detective.

I do my best to ignore everything else (my shuffle is always on the highest volume), but there is one man I will never be able to ignore. He's in the75-115 age range, wears black sweatpants and a black sweatshirt that has been faded to heather grey, walks extremely slowly, and all he does is watch. Sits ata machine, and watches people. Especially the dudes. He'll shamelessly sit at a machine behind you, and just watch. Scares the living bejesus outta me.

- Rocky- The dude who gets off his machine and starts jump roping and then starts to throw a few punches in front of the mirror

- The dudes that you see at the gym in January, go every day and still looking the same in December.

- The person always in front of the mirror after every f rep

- Ab roller- the person thats overweight and at the ab section for hours thinking they gonna get usher cuts by just doing sit ups.

The old nudist: Walks around the locker room naked because he might die tomorrow. Talks to everyone in his vicinity. Won't hesitate to stretch naked with aroom full of people.

The World's Strongest Man- The One dude in the gym who uses like 15 45lbs plates at one time to do ONE squat rep and make everyone else in the gym waitcause there are not enough 45lb plates to use.....
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
YEEEEAAAAHHHP BUddAAAY!!

LIGHT WEIGHT!! LIGHT WEIGHT!! ...Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but nobody wanna lift these heavy $$+ weights.

ha, my roommate does this...it got old after the first time.

the dudes who just curl in the mirror all day with low weights and high reps to get a 'nice pump'. i cant stand these dudes who you know are gona goto the gym 3 times, work out their biceps and never come back again.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Firefighters. At my school, if you go to the gym early (around 10-11AM) all of the local firefighters will roll up and hit the weights big time. You can always tell because you can see two or three huge fire trucks chillin' in the lot.

Quite the observation. You should become a detective.

I do my best to ignore everything else (my shuffle is always on the highest volume), but there is one man I will never be able to ignore. He's in the 75-115 age range, wears black sweatpants and a black sweatshirt that has been faded to heather grey, walks extremely slowly, and all he does is watch. Sits at a machine, and watches people. Especially the dudes. He'll shamelessly sit at a machine behind you, and just watch. Scares the living bejesus outta me.

nerd.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom