8 Year Car Lease = Real Life

I totally lost on this Kia Optima Hybrid. Had it 4 months and already 14k upside down, 40% of the value. Realized it can't even fit a stroller in the trunk and I need to trade it for something bigger, but not an option really that far upside down. On top of that, I am only getting around 30mpg, which I could have gotten one of the more base, regular models for literally half and gotten that mileage, even the turbos you can catch a new 2014 for like 18
My 2015 Kia Optima I just got gets 24 city. Got 0% apr for 66 months. Just seen on tv that they have this thing and they pay your first 2 payments. I should have waited. I used this true car.com pricing crap also

mine is the Hybrid EX model, pretty much every feature/upgrade that exists except for the white leather.

Kias and Hyundais don't hold their value. That's a known fact. Hyundais just started holding their value because they are more desirable now with the trendy designs they have.

And the dude talking about american V8s hold their value, that's a lie. Outside of vettes, they depreciate quickly. All the used police crown vics, chargers, tahoes, suburbans etc can be had for cheap

Kias and Hyundais don't hold their value. That's a known fact. Hyundais just started holding their value because they are more desirable now with the trendy designs they have.

I thought the new ones did but damn. a couple months and the depreciation is like that? I don't even think Germans depreciate like that

It's not really that hard to afford the luxury cars nowadays, there's a guy that's a rite aid manager in Long Beach that got an Aston Martin DB9.  Different people just allocate their money towards different things.  

It's not really that hard to afford the luxury cars nowadays, there's a guy that's a rite aid manager in Long Beach that got an Aston Martin DB9.  Different people just allocate their money towards different things.  

If it's that easy, why don't you have a DB9.

BTW, I doubt the pharmacist at Rite Aid can afford a DB9.

And the dude talking about american V8s hold their value, that's a lie. Outside of vettes, they depreciate quickly. All the used police crown vics, chargers, tahoes, suburbans etc can be had for cheap

:lol: Cuz... You have no idea what you're talking about. You're comparing Government Fleet vehicles to Muscle cars.

Proportionally, Corvettes depreciate faster than Camaros and SRT's. While not a luxury car, Vettes fall victim to luxury tier depreciation once the new bodystyle drops. The advantage to "working class" muscle is low cost of entry and high desirability. Hell... Cars like the G8 GXP still command nearly 40k. Factor in dealer incentives and Pontiacs need to dump cars before going under and people who got in on those can have a car with 50k+ miles thats worth more now than when they bought it. Even 98-02 Camaros still average 10-15k... 15-20 for the Trans am. And these are cars that MSRP'd at under 30k 15 years ago.

Tahoes and Suburbans also hold their value very well. Sure you can find some 2wd 07's with 200k on the clock for 10k, but average going rate is 20k.

Toyota Tacoma or Jeep Wrangler are the best as far as resale value. Do you guys research prior to purchasing?

Dude is so obsessed with other people's money, it's cringeworthy. I wonder if he was the dude who used to make nter profiles?

So say I do trade my Camaros in, I owe 13k on it and say they'll give me 15k for it. That amount is towards the new loan correct? The new one RS pack will be around 30k. How much am I looking at in total?

So say I do trade my Camaros in, I owe 13k on it and say they'll give me 15k for it. That amount is towards the new loan correct? The new one RS pack will be around 30k. How much am I looking at in total?

If your car is worth $2k more than you owe, subtract that from the total price of the new car.

Did yall not test drive your cars? Who buys a car they end up hating after?

I dont understand this also but it happens a lot. I think once the honeymoon is over or the feeling that its a new car is over people realize they could have bought a better car for the money. It must suck paying a note or lease every month for a car u dont want. :rofl:

Last edited:
This explains why the dealer was trying to push a 6 year loan on me instead of the normal 5 like I don't know better :lol:

Everyone wants that BMW

You aren't going to want that car in 7 or 8 years, and you will be upside down because of how long you have your payments for.

This explains why the dealer was trying to push a 6 year loan on me instead of the normal 5 like I don't know better :lol:

Everyone wants that BMW

You aren't going to want that car in 7 or 8 years, and you will be upside down because of how long you have your payments for.

Then they push you to put your upside down amount on the next car so u are stuck with a old car out of warranty that you dont even want :smh:

Back
Top Bottom