8 Year Car Lease = Real Life

Damn some pretty uneducated responses in here. First off, what the **** is a 8 year lease? OP on some fufu **** papi. Most you can lease a car is for 4 years and if you do that, you a panzy idiot. Coming from a former car salesmen (worked for a local MB dealer), the 6 year financing term is becoming the norm.

Few years ago, the typical loan was around 60 months (5 years). They upped it to 72 so the banks can continue the finesse and so car manufacturers can continue to increase the prices of their cars. I just saw that Civics damn near start at $20k now?!?!
sick.gif
 Pending one's interest rate, the longer you pay on a loan the more the banks make on the back end.

Leasing is the way to go though. But not leasing just any car ya kno? Leasing luxury cars (Jags, Benz, Audi, Lexus, Bimmer). Reason? You can drive a new luxury vehicle for 3 years for around $7k (sometimes more or less) out of your pocket. Could you buy a used car for that amount? Of course. But at least you don't have to worry about the maintenance of the vehicle (warranty, oil changes included). But leasing Honda's, Toyota's, and others is just dumb. Downside? The mileage limit. If you have to drive a lot (more than 10k miles a year) I wouldn't recommend a lease. You can always get more mileage for your lease (up to 15k miles) but you're going to pay more monthly. After your lease term, you can turn the car back in and lease another or you can finance the car you leased, or pay the car off and its yours. Leasing is the most flexible fa sho. When it comes to leasing Hondas, Toyotas, Kia's, and Hyundais, that's just dumber than a ***** putting "everyday" for the "sex" section of a job application. Since these cars are so affordable, after 3 years of lease payments you'd damn near would have at least 30-40% equity in the car. Don't fall for the "cheap" lease option for the affordable car manufacturers. If you want it, finance that **** b.

As far as cars holding their value, the cars that hold the most values are American trucks. After that, I would say that Lexus, Acura, Honda and Toyotas hold their value the most. Mercedes, BMW, Jag, Range Rover, all have the lowest resell value. Kia's and Hyundai's have solid but I don't trust them whatsoever. How you offer a 10 year,100,000 mile warranty on your car? You ain't got faith in your production?

Anywho, I've done this before. But if you have any car buying questions, I'll put you on game. Don't listen to a lot of these responses that have only been on the consumer side of the situation or just read a bunch of BS articles on the internet. I'm the real deal Holyfield

Last edited:
lex def holds value

luxury market best bang for buck prob

My boy jus bought an A6, i told him if it was me I would have bought a Lex and Leased the A6 lol, dope ride but im sure its not going to be fun the day he decides to trade in his A6

Kia's and Hyundai's have solid but I don't trust them whatsoever. How you offer a 10 year,100,000 mile warranty on your car? You ain't got faith in your production?

Wouldn't that mean they have faith in their product because they are basically giving you a lifetime guarantee?

I think the warranty was done to sell cars tbh. Most of their customers that is the number 2 reason they buy after the price

Kia's and Hyundai's have solid but I don't trust them whatsoever. How you offer a 10 year,100,000 mile warranty on your car? You ain't got faith in your production?
Wouldn't that mean they have faith in their product because they are basically giving you a lifetime guarantee?

I think the warranty was done to sell cars tbh. Most of their customers that is the number 2 reason they buy after the price
Definitely a marketing ploy. What people don't know is that it's a powertrain warranty only though. Not that big of a deal but handy i guess. Probably the weakest component in their cars.

Dude is so obsessed with other people's money, it's cringeworthy. I wonder if he was the dude who used to make nter profiles?

huh?

Huh? I was talking about millenial, always in someone's pocket. It's embarassing.

Damn some pretty uneducated responses in here. First off, what the **** is a 8 year lease? OP on some fufu **** papi. Most you can lease a car is for 4 years and if you do that, you a panzy idiot. Coming from a former car salesmen (worked for a local MB dealer), the 6 year term is becoming the norm.

Few years ago, the typical loan was around 60 months (5 years). They upped it to 72 so the banks can continue the finesse and so car manufacturers can continue to increase the prices of their cars. I just saw that Civics damn near start at $20k now?!?! :x  Pending one's interest rate, the longer you pay on a loan the more the banks make on the back end.

Leasing is the way to go though. But not leasing just any car ya kno? Leasing luxury cars (Jags, Benz, Audi, Lexus, Bimmer). Reason? You can drive a new luxury vehicle for 3 years for around $7k out of your pocket. Could you buy a used car for that amount? Of course. But at least you don't have to worry about the maintenance of the vehicle (warranty, oil changes included). But leasing Honda's, Toyota's, and others is just dumb. Downside? The mileage limit. If you have to drive a lot (more than 10k miles a year) I wouldn't recommend a lease. You can always get more mileage for your lease (up to 15k miles) but you're going to pay more monthly. After your lease term, you can turn the car back in and lease another or you can finance the car you leased, or pay the car off and its yours. Leasing is the most flexible fa sho. When it comes to leasing Hondas, Toyotas, Kia's, and Hyundais, that's just dumber than a ***** putting "everyday" for the "sex" section of a job application. Since these cars are so affordable, after 3 years of lease payments you'd damn near would have at least 30-40% equity in the car. Don't fall for the "cheap" lease option for the affordable car manufacturers. If you want it, finance that **** b.

As far as cars holding their value, the cars that hold the most values are American trucks. After that, I would say that Lexus, Acura, Honda and Toyotas hold their value the most. Mercedes, BMW, Jag, Range Rover, all have the lowest resell value. Kia's and Hyundai's have solid but I don't trust them whatsoever. How you offer a 10 year,100,000 mile warranty on your car? You ain't got faith in your production?

Anywho, I've done this before. But if you have any car buying questions, I'll put you on game. Don't listen to a lot of these responses that have only been on the consumer side of the situation or just read a bunch of BS articles on the internet. I'm the real deal Holyfield
View media item 1792159

7k for 36 months you say? hmm. When i'm ready it goes down in the pm.

Last edited:
Well there always the option to buy a cheap car to get you from point A to B but if that doesnt work you can always finance a slightly used car and once its paid off drive it till the wheels fall off.

You dont need to have a car payment forever.

Last edited:
Well there always the option to buy a cheap car to get you from point A to B but if that doesnt work you can always finance a slightly used car and once its paid off drive it till the wheels fall off.

You dont need to have a car payment forever.
I bought a used 2008 Lexus GS for in 2011 with plans of driving it forever as you mentioned.   Got a good deal and avoided taking a value loss on it like the first buyer did.    Paid it off in 2.5 years so no car payments for the last 2 some odd years .  

Last week a drunk guy rammed into the front of my parked car.  Severe frame damage so insurance declared it a complete loss and paid me today's  market value.  I lost about 8k compared to what I paid in 2011.  

Now i'm forced into buying a car which sucks balls since I had mine paid off.  I need a car to drive to work; put in 15k miles per year so a lease is out of the question.  I'm debating buying a hoopty because I really dont want to invest and have payments on another car.  Hesitant to spend 2k on a hoopty and then have costly repairs. ish sucks 
mean.gif

Where are these $7k 36 month luxury leases?
Sign and drive deals. With no money down. I was thinking about the car I leased and it's actually a 27 month term actually. My lease payment is $250 and some change total over a 27 month term (around $7k). Car was a 2014 C300 4MATIC.  My car was an old loaner car though. Ask  your dealer to see if there's any loaner's they're trying to get rid of.

For MOST luxury car leases that they advertise, it's probably going to be around  $9-$10 minimum over a course 36 months. Probably around $15k to be realistic. Depends on a lot of things (where you live and time of year)

Last edited:
Sign and drive deals. With no money down. I was thinking about the car I leased and it's actually a 27 month term actually. So for 36 months would be closer to $9k-$10k at minimum

That's still a good deal. That works out to about $260 a month and if it's no money down that's crazy.

I bought a used 2008 Lexus GS for in 2011 with plans of driving it forever as you mentioned.   Got a good deal and avoided taking a value loss on it like the first buyer did.    Paid it off in 2.5 years so no car payments for the last 2 some odd years .  

Last week a drunk guy rammed into the front of my parked car.  Severe frame damage so insurance declared it a complete loss and paid me today's market value.  I lost about 8k compared to what I paid in 2011.  

Now i'm forced into buying a car which sucks balls since I had mine paid off.  I need a car to drive to work; put in 15k miles per year so a lease is out of the question.  I'm debating buying a hoopty because I really dont want to invest and have payments on another car.  Hesitant to spend 2k on a hoopty and then have costly repairs. ish sucks :smh:

i know the feel but thats just bad luck. Had my car paid off for a few years was planning on keeping it for another couple years but someone ran a red light and totaled it. I only got 7.5k for it and i had to buy a new car within a few weeks and i was out of town.

Im not saying dont ever have a car payment but what you did was right and the chances of that happening again are slim.

Last edited:
even with the opinions being all over the place, i enjoyed reading this thread. i talked myself out of buying a car last month after looking at all my options.

my daily commute is 4 miles total and i havent had a car note since early 2012. But my car is approaching 125k miles and major repairs seem to happen every 3 months...like six, seven hundred a pop or more. I hate paying for them knowing the car prolly aint even worth 3k.

It doesn't help that im making way more change now and live around the corner from the MB and Audi dealerships. I cant help but glance at their lots everyday knowing I can "afford" a new whip.

but at the end of the day I just felt like i couldnt justify that i really needed to cop sumtin right now

A 4 mile commute thats love.

I ran into the same issue as you guys. Car was paid off and I had planned on keeping it for 3 more years,but my transmission went out
while I was out of town. They wanted 4K for the repair .I decided to just get a new 2015 altima for 17.5K out the door. I wanted the new maxima and could
easily afford it,but l choose the more financially responsible route.

Like utvol23 utvol23 said, I am trying to build weath not spend 1K a month on a car payment even though I can "afford" it.

i know the feel but thats just bad luck. Had my car paid off for a few years was planning on keeping it for another couple years but someone ran a red light and totaled it. I only got 7.5k for it and i had to buy a new car within a few weeks and i was out of town.

Im not saying dont ever have a car payment but what you did was right and the chances of that happening again are slim.

My stance as someone who does not care about cars besides to get to point a to point b is I do not see the point of having an eternal Bill from something such as leasing or trade ins every 3 yrs or something. Like light bills, cell phone bills, mortgage/rent, etc these are things that make logical sense to me to have "eternal bills" for. But a car once paid off I do not see the point in taking on the liability again when your car works fine. People use the argument of Leasing covers maintenance, but hell not having a note you can set aside a few bucks (say 1/4 the cost of a note per month) to cover emergency maintenance.

For me leasing doesnt make sense, but for someone who loves cars then I will say it is probably the most economical way to do it.

Some companies are notorious for having horrible lease rates, Audi and Land Rover come to mind.

I've only bought new and drive until I reach about 100,000 miles which is usually 7 years for me.

I have a decent commute (25 miles one way) because I chose to live in the suburbs so that my kids could be in a great school system. Also for work 2-3 times a month I'll drive about 75 miles one-way, so I'm on the road a good amount.

I decided to splurge on my recent purchase (i.e. new car cost more than my previous two cars put together) because I could make the numbers work while still maxing out my retirement and adding some principle payments on top of the mortgage each month. I try not to waste money, but I also will never be one of those hyper-savers so I could retire at 50-type people.

Most importantly I wanted to stop dreading my commute. Now I actually look forward to it.

Some companies are notorious for having horrible lease rates, Audi and Land Rover come to mind.

I've only bought new and drive until I reach about 100,000 miles which is usually 7 years for me.

I have a decent commute (25 miles one way) because I chose to live in the suburbs so that my kids could be in a great school system. Also for work 2-3 times a month I'll drive about 75 miles one-way, so I'm on the road a good amount.

I decided to splurge on my recent purchase (i.e. new car cost more than my previous two cars put together) because I could make the numbers work while still maxing out my retirement and adding some principle payments on top of the mortgage each month. I try not to waste money, but I also will never be one of those hyper-savers so I could retire at 50-type people.

Most importantly I wanted to stop dreading my commute. Now I actually look forward to it.

when you say lease rates are you talking cost to mileage allowance ratio?

Back
Top Bottom