90'S URBAN WEAR APPRECIATION THREAD

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

da best gear. early 2000 was appreciate too. White tees and jerseys 
pimp.gif

No.

im not proud of it but I had the full denim suit from Pure Playaz... i used to rock a lime green Esco hoody under it and a No Limit Records (yes the one with the tank) GIANT silver chain setup... were talkin NAS QB peice size.

i really thought I was doin it too... couldnt tell me nothin

I shut it down in HS with this bad boy. Wish I never got rid of it, even though I can't see myself wearing this in public today
ohwell.gif

MARC_ECKO_OPEN_VIEW.jpg

MARC_ECKO_BACK_VIEW.jpg

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

im not proud of it but I had the full denim suit from Pure Playaz... i used to rock a lime green Esco hoody under it and a No Limit Records (yes the one with the tank) GIANT silver chain setup... were talkin NAS QB peice size.

i really thought I was doin it too... couldnt tell me nothin

Me in 7th grade:

-Same chain
-Fubu red/#%%% brown baseball jersey (open)
-Do or Die shirt
-Girbaud shuttles
-Reebok classics (all white with jersey coordinating laces)

If I could go back in time, I'd whip my own %%*.
indifferent.gif

Did have some good days though. Was Iceberg'd out as a kid.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Just need to make this thread a NY Undercover appreciation.
Word
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
 I caught like half a marathon of that last week and it was dope as hell. Can't believe I was 7 when that first came out, watching it every week

since i was searching ebay and couldn't find any, i got to thinking. if karl kani brought back the signature and badge sweatshirts on some throwback *+@@ yall think they would pop off? i think so, get it placed in the vid of a "fashionable" rapper and its over. and for the life of me i can not find a good image of anything with the badge on it.

and no to the denim outfit jumpoff.

Streetwear bit urbanwear hard but these cultural chameleons swear they aint do it alot of those brands paved the way for the HUNDREDS,DIAMOND etc yet get no love on your complex list .

i had the meanest crush on chilli back then
embarassed.gif

certainly better than the way people dress today. i still wanna know how dudes went from dressing "urban" to dressing like preppy white kids have been for the last 20 years. wearing small *** shirts with the sleeves coming halfway up your arm
laugh.gif

I find myself buying looser fitting jeans nowadays just out of comfort these super tight tapered jeans don't look great with everything and i get tired of the whole roll ya pants up high water length to show off kicks look. This whole tiny shirt faze is terrible tees are getting higher and the quality is diminishing rapidly .

Man...When I lost my Wu-Wear hoodie, I was bummed for dayssssssss.....

Still have to get at least 1 wu wear shirt.

i would go into ross and steal wu-wear shirts and my white homie was able to throw a 100 dollar sean jean denim jacket over his shoulder and walk out with it for me,

i would rock ecko mostly tho, when they did the collab with marvel that ish was heat.

this was one of my favorite shirts, had the dark blue long sleeve tho..would also rock the platinum fubu with fat albert.

i always liked that iceberg ish with bugs bunny and pink panther that stuff was pretty ill but expensive..

i would still rock an iceberg sweater with them characters on em 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Man watching these Wayans Bros. reruns , Marlon always had on the fly 90's urban gear.

Just think. One pretty soon for holloween people will dress like this for holloween lol.

Where can I see more of these incredible magazine ads and flyers?
Vibe Magazine has their archives online at Google Books for free. Starting at 1993 to about 2008.

Defynewyork.com is another good site.  I believe the owner is an NTer as well

Back
Top Bottom