A Boston vs L.A Final would do a lot more 4 the NBA than a Lebron v. Kobe final?

Every1 is talking about how sick it would be if kobe and lebron meet in the Finals, but IMO a Lakers vs Celtics Final would mean a lot more to the league interms of ratings and exposure, after the disaster that was last years finals, I can already picture the legends of these teams showing up to the games or beinghonored at halftime, The lakers wearing retro uni's for a game or two, installing a new hardwood at staples reminicent of the old western forum, I knowI'm getting carried away in that last one (celts don't have to do any of this since their court and unis look old school enough), fans young and oldwould def. tune in to see this historic event..... what do u guys think?

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Boston vs. LA is the NBA's wet dream.

Yes it is and it would be a good matchup. If it was cavs vs lakers it could end up as a sweep like last year for the cavs.

That would be one of most entertaining finals in such a long time.

I hope we can get through the Pistons.

That would be so great
pimp.gif

Boston vs LA would officially put the cap on the greatest year the NBA has had in god knows how long.

KOBE FTW

let's see:

Lakers vs. Celtics:
- good matchup
- traditional rivalry
- kobe
- KG
- pau
- pierce
- ray
- phil jackson tries to break Red's record for coaching titles against..... the Celtics!

it's a no brainer.....

I wish I could line up every Lakers/Kobe fan and just slap the @!!$ out of them. And then cut off their hands so that they can't make any new threads.

These Kobe/LeBron threads are getting OD.

But Cavs v Lakers = star power.

More people know about Kobe and LeBron than the big three combined.

22 Deuces 22 wrote:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I wish I could line up every Lakers/Kobe fan and just slap the @!!$ out of them. And then cut off their hands so that they can't make any new threads.

roll.gif
Chill man, It's just a thought..... im talking aboutratings and star power, not trying to make any player or team better than any other......

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

but yes, celtics vs lakers would be better ratings wise since its about the teams, both loaded with stars.

if it was cavs vs lakers, it would be marketed as kobe vs lebron which would have less interest. nba wants lebron to be their star, but last years finals wasone of the worst finals in terms of ratings.

wouldn't work. they already use their mouth as it is.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

wouldn't work. they already use their mouth as it is.
Indeed!
laugh.gif

But Cavs v Lakers = star power.

More people know about Kobe and LeBron than the big three combined.
Cleveland fans are so blind... It's about the team, check last years ratings.

Celtics vs. Lakers ratings wise and game matchup wise>>>>Lakers Cavs

^aside from that, Cavs-Lakers would probably be a sweep

at least Boston-LA would be a really great matchup.

I disagree, we saw what that Detroit-LA finals did for the league a few years ago..

A Boston-LA series would be great from a nostalgic point of view, but there is no rivalry between these teams at moment.

What's the biggest debate going on in the NBA right now? "Who's better, Lebron or Kobe."

Now just imagine these two meeting in the finals. The buildup would be crazy. MVP winner vs. MVP runner up, the game's two best players, goinghead-to-head. This match-up would generate way more way interest and bring a lot of new fans to the game.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

I disagree. I think a Kobe vs. Lebron finals would yield higher ratings

Without a doubt it wouldn't. Not even close. Not only is it a better match up because you have two possible number 1 seeds which would attract fairweather NBA fans, you're talking Bostons vs. Cleveland's market. Its not close...
I'm not saying Kobe vs. Lebron wouldn't be nice it justwouldn't yield higher ratings.

[/knicks fans] Stern will make it happen [knicks fans\]

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

I disagree. I think a Kobe vs. Lebron finals would yield higher ratings

Without a doubt it wouldn't. Not even close. Not only is it a better match up because you have two possible number 1 seeds which would attract fair weather NBA fans, you're talking Bostons vs. Cleveland's market. Its not close...
I'm not saying Kobe vs. Lebron wouldn't be nice it just wouldn't yield higher ratings.

Demographics > star-power

Two large market teams would attract huge numbers from casual-non fans in the region. Add to that the history between the two teams and it's not evenclose.

Back
Top Bottom