A Chevy service center has me heated right now

I have 4 days off this week, Mon-Thu. My car needed a a new wiper modulator or something because one window wiper won't come all the way up and the other crosses over it. I decided that I would get it fixed on monday, 11/21, at 8:30AM and left it there for diagnostics. Left it there, and about 4:00P got a call saying that the wiper module needed to be replaced and it was not covered under the extended warranty. Fine. I was then told that it would not be done until Tue, 11/22. Again fine. I wait all day until 5P, and then I call them for an update, they whisper in the background and then a woman starts apologizing and saying that the part didn't come in on Tues. and that it will be available today, 11/23. Again. I don't get upset. I waited it out until today and call them at 1:30P and someone wants to take a message. I get a call back at about 1:45P stating that the part would be installed today, but they could not (or wouldn't) narrow down approximately when I could have it. Again fine, as long as they fix it today. I then get a call at 2:15P with more apologies from the same woman, stating that the part was defective and they could not install it. Then she wants to put me in a rental and leave the car. I declined because at this point I see a trend emerging.

So she asks me to bring it back friday, 11/25. No way. I'll be back at work by then, I know the car won't be fixed that day because they have to order another part. Which means they would keep it through next week. For a job they quoted me at "1-2" hours. I'm going to get it today with 3 days of my 4 days off without a vehicle and the issue left unresolved. I bet they try to charge me for the diagnostic  (although less than the 370 they quoted me for the repair) and now I have to start this whole thing over again with someone else.

This is my first car and service, but is this how it works at all service dealers? Also, what is the best place to look to find good ones in my area? I swear I should have gone to school for auto repair over information systems. This cannot be life.

Dam bro that sux. SMH hope that Chevy is worth all the headache your about to endure over the next few years ( hopefully not months). But check your miledge on the car when u 1st dropped it off. Heard stories about service dealerships driving around in peoples cars.

Oh btw dont lay out a single penny. Id try & talk to a supervisor there explain your problem, if nothing call up chevy itself & make a hassle. Believe it or not Companys car about there service centers. Worked for my dad. Got his job done for a nice discount lol

ford > chevy

i had to bruh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

OP what year and model do you have?
Nothing special at all. 09 Chevy Aveo5. Pure point a to b while paying down these student loans. Beginning next year I'm going to start aggressively paying a little more on the principle and be done with it. Besides that issue, the car runs well.

But yeah, I'm going to speak to someone when I get there. If they could have quoted me on when they would have it done by, then maybe we could have worked it out. But they seem very non-committal.

Was the rental going to be free? If yes, you should've took it.

And when it comes to small car repairs, google is your best friend. It's saved me so much money over the years
smokin.gif

Look on Yelp for a reputable service shop in your area.  Independent shops will generally charge about 2/3-1/2 of what a dealer will.  Most independent shops are certified in specific makes of cars, so they will know most of the things that the dealers will.

man General Motors has a HUGE history of doing customers dirty and their dealerships so this is no surprise, but idk man u might be better off going to a top notch shop, not the dealership

Back
Top Bottom