A child dies of starvation every 6 mins in Somalia. Thanks for helping raise $18,000 so far!

Will this still be up around December?
Also do our donations get taxed? Or does 100% of it go straight towards Africa?

Glad that this was still up, I wanted to donate to a charity and this was a worthwhile venture. Great idea NT staff

Just donated, not a lot but i will do more when i get paid at the end of the month...
happy.gif

Thanks to a pair of generous donations made earlier today, our fundraising effort has officially topped $5,000!
The complete contribution list is available here on our fundraising page:  http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/niketalk/somalia

During this time of year, when many of you spend time enjoying holiday meals with your families, I hope you'll spare some thought to those less fortunate.  Famines, in today's world, aren't just some tragic natural disaster that just so happens to befall families in places like Somalia.  They happen because they are allowed to happen.  They happen because scarcity in one part of the world isn't properly counteracted by those of us with both resource and opportunity.  

Though we're told, around this time of year, that "it's better to give than to receive," most of the population is obsessing over ipads and 3D TVs, xboxes and Air Jordans.  

Thank you for bucking the trend.  Thank you for caring.  Thank you for acting.  

Thank you for proving once again that NikeTalk isn't about commodity, but commonality.  

Never really checked around the site outside of the shoes... but seems like you really put the work in to give back Meth... Very encouraging and commendable. Will be making my donation on payday!

As some of you may have heard, Anonymous apparently hacked into Stratfor, which contains many bits of information including a client list which includes Doctors Without Borders.
Is there any guarantee that we will be safeguarded from this measure?

from NY Times:

The hackers also said they had details for more than 90,000 credit card accounts. Among the organizations listed as Stratfor clients: Bank of America, the Defense Department, Doctors Without Borders, Lockheed Martin, Los Alamos National Laboratory and the United Nations.

As some of you may have heard, Anonymous apparently hacked into Stratfor, which contains many bits of information including a client list which includes Doctors Without Borders.
FirstGiving processed our payments, not MSF directly.  So, it shouldn't have any effect on us.  

Originally Posted by Method Man

FirstGiving processed our payments, not MSF directly.  So, it shouldn't have any effect on us.  
Ok thanks, I wasn't sure.

I dont agree donating to these organizations. These same organizations gave my people medicine full of mercury. Not all the money goes to the people, the corrupt officials take them to sell within min of reachiing the country. I'll be dammed if i give a dictator my hard earned cash!

Has anyone come up with the T-shirts yet?  I think it's another great fundraising idea as another person has said.

Donated here as well. Posting it here as well
Quick question how does NT feel about users plugging charities that they're into? I know it wouldn't get as much love as when someone like Meth does it but still, or is that against the rules?

Back
Top Bottom