A sure-fire way to make $$$ playing online poker?

Why does everyone seem to like Full Tilt so much?
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

What are the benefits of other poker sites? I've noticed most of my friends dont use full tilt either, they're on Bodog(which isnt compatible formacs).

Originally Posted by rcdp

More fish on DoylesRoom and Bodog.
Yeah. FullTilt is just...whack.

I loved it when I started online but switched after a while.

I enjoy tournaments on PokerStars because the structure is awesome with blind levels. It takes longer, but I like having that time to play and not have toworry about 3 min blind levels. Turbo tourneys are cool if you're in a hurry, but when i'm playing online, I always make sure I leave myself time toplay and enjoy it. Stars initial setup is whack but when you tweak the settings and get the layout that you like, you learn to love it very quickly. Ihaven't encountered many strong cash game players at lower level either. I usually play 10/25 cent if I do play cash games and i've faired well prettymuch every time.

The only reason I play on full tilt is because I always have trouble depositing on other sites.

I started playing Heads up... I just put 50 in my account about a week ago and got up to 500... and then lost it all... and I said I was gonna cash it out too

So i put 50 in my account yesterday... started playing Heads up... and now up to 380... My success rate has been far higher. I should probably cash out nowbecause I wanted to get enough to pay for my plane ticket and thats it.. but I'm gonna try to get back to 500..

Anyway... So I just was playing a guy heads up... and got pocket 2's.. and raised... I was big stack.. he calls

flop is all low cards and a jack. I push him all in and he has KJ... River is a 2... so I win the tourney and he wants a rematch...

So like 8 hands in or so I get AJ which is not to shabby heads up. I raised it up to like 180.. he types "Lets see if my 2's can win too"

So I honestly thought he had 2's.. I ponder and decided I like my chances... he flips over Kings.. I hit an Ace.. I type

"Nope guess they can't win "
roll.gif

Probably two terrible plays on my part... but I let emotion get the best of me and I lucked out
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
FRESH SIR.

Yeah, get money and get out. Stay in your bankroll. Stars withdraw is GRRRRRREEEEEEAAAATTTTT. I took out $100 last monday and it was in my account Wednesday.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Maybe i should start playing on Poker Stars... i always gotta jump through hoops to withdraw on full tilt

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

The only reason I play on full tilt is because I always have trouble depositing on other sites.

I started playing Heads up... I just put 50 in my account about a week ago and got up to 500... and then lost it all... and I said I was gonna cash it out too

So i put 50 in my account yesterday... started playing Heads up... and now up to 380... My success rate has been far higher. I should probably cash out now because I wanted to get enough to pay for my plane ticket and thats it.. but I'm gonna try to get back to 500..

Anyway... So I just was playing a guy heads up... and got pocket 2's.. and raised... I was big stack.. he calls

flop is all low cards and a jack. I push him all in and he has KJ... River is a 2... so I win the tourney and he wants a rematch...

So like 8 hands in or so I get AJ which is not to shabby heads up. I raised it up to like 180.. he types "Lets see if my 2's can win too"

So I honestly thought he had 2's.. I ponder and decided I like my chances... he flips over Kings.. I hit an Ace.. I type

"Nope guess they can't win "
roll.gif

Probably two terrible plays on my part... but I let emotion get the best of me and I lucked out
tongue.gif

something similiar with some guy getting pissed. it was down to just me and this one guy which we both talked @#$% throughout the whole tourney since we werein the same table through the final table. this was an 18 player tourney and its down to me and the same guy with like 4-6 observers who previously got knockedout just watching us talking back and fourth.

keep in mind that i had a few thousand chips more than him.

i had pocket 8's, he had 10/K. flop turns to be 8 8 K, he raises 10K and i called just to mess with him and we both talked some more @#$%
roll.gif
turn was a 10 and so he raises to pot and i called. now he says something like"IM COMING FOR YOU. I GOT SALSA WAITING FOR YOUR CHIPS. WE HONGRYYY" i started laughing like crazy and called then river was a 10 so now he has fullhouse while i been having four 8's. so he said something like "I TOLD U I WAS COMING. GET YO CHIPS UP" and we went back and fourth then i pushedall-in and this guy starts cussing out crazy and everyone is just laughing
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
funniest experience i had in poker
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Maybe i should start playing on Poker Stars... i always gotta jump through hoops to withdraw on full tilt

Echeck withdraw FTW!!

I mean what you need to know homie?

You need to know what beats what or you trying to figure out a good reason to check raise fourth street on the come?

if i need a quick $100, what type of game should i play on pokerstars or bodog? i think i have accounts on both

Hold Em takes nothing but experience to learn....

Yeah you could tell someone how to play... but you learn from experience. I've been playing 5 years and still learning things about it, my style of play isalways changing. There's always new things to learn with this game

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I mean what you need to know homie?

You need to know what beats what or you trying to figure out a good reason to check raise fourth street on the come?

the latter...you lost me when you started talkin about streets
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Pickup a book at Barnes and Noble or something. Negreanu's Hold Em Wisdom for all players is great. His POWER HOLDEM book is AWESOME too, but it covers alot of stuff. Everyone will recommend Super System, but I honestly feel as if it's outdated.

Get what you think works best for your knowledge on the game, and go from there.

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

What are the benefits of other poker sites? I've noticed most of my friends dont use full tilt either, they're on Bodog(which isnt compatible for macs).
cake poker has really good rake back rates, but very few players and games

Ultimate bet has decent rake back rates

poker stars has the most players, most sngs, tournys and best cash out options IMO

Bodog is straight trash

Pickup a book at Barnes and Noble or something. Negreanu's Hold Em Wisdom for all players is great. His POWER HOLDEM book is AWESOME too, but it covers a lot of stuff. Everyone will recommend Super System, but I honestly feel as if it's outdated.

Get what you think works best for your knowledge on the game, and go from there.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Pickup a book at Barnes and Noble or something. Negreanu's Hold Em Wisdom for all players is great. His POWER HOLDEM book is AWESOME too, but it covers a lot of stuff. Everyone will recommend Super System, but I honestly feel as if it's outdated.

laugh.gif
IT IS.

Another example of why Full Tilt is BS

Was just playing a 30 dollar sit and go.

I get AK in the big blind... everyone folds, small blind calls, I raise 4 times the big blind and he calls. Flop is AK4... two clubs. He bets a small bet. I goover the top All in (he was big stack) to bet him off his flush draw... he calls me with QJ

Rivers a 10

QJ is not a good hand to be calling that raise in the first place... and then he was gonna call an all in for a quarter of his chips with a 4 outer?

So stupid

roll.gif
the raises these people call are rediculous

10 3... and they raise.. I hit top pair and they have 3's, there are 2 over cards on the board... I raise 300, turn another high card I raise 300

River they hit a 10 ... how the hell are you calling?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ikari XD

laugh.gif
IT IS.
except for the fact that negreanu's chapter is probably the least helpful (not counting evelyn's
laugh.gif
). reading this book single-handedly made me quit trying to play nlhe. from whati remember, ss2's lhe section is the best thing ive read. then again i havent read it since it came out...someone should let me borrow that.

Back
Top Bottom