About to cop Da Hemi......

I plan on copping the SRT Challenger at the end of the year. Used of course.
Good look on the knowledge dropped so far.

I plan on copping the SRT Challenger at the end of the year. Used of course.
Good look on the knowledge dropped so far.

Yeah might be what I cop. I bet they would look mean on some 22 inch Vossen CV4, I wish there were pics of that.

How much should I pay for a brand 2013 Chally RT?

I know msrp but what are people really paying?

its a 2013 so you wont be getting a deal and they dont even offer specials on em

since they sell mid 30's and higher. If you dont care for a CPO car id consider a used SRT8 Challenger, most you will find are damn mint and some with rather low miles. Challengers are weekend cars to a lot of older dudes so if you look around you can find a nice one for the right price.

I've seen preowned 09 srts for ~25k. I was looking at that or current model charger rt or srt8 .

I'd have to do auto though, this citytraffic would drive me nuts.

If you find a 09 with low miles for $25k then hit me the hell up, ill go and get it right now.

i used to looked them up all the time, ive found some for that price but with 75,000 miles or salvage title with high mileage.

I've seen preowned 09 srts for ~25k. I was looking at that or current model charger rt or srt8 .

If you find a 09 with low miles for $25k then hit me the hell up, ill go and get it right now.

i used to looked them up all the time, ive found some for that price but with 75,000 miles or salvage title with high mileage.
You tried craigslist? :lol: I just saw a few 26-28k range.

I dunno if 50-60k is low enough for you, but I was looking at these:

I Dig that blue.

Private seller, could probably talk down some

That black, sure you could also get that down to 25k

all have free carfax report links.

You tried craigslist? :lol: I just saw a few 26-28k range.

i dont trust craigslist, AT ALL

U have pics? Maaaaan I been planning on getting a challenger for like 3 years now. I honestly prefer the rt classic than the srt but damn they look so mean when u see em on the freeway

I dont have a SRT challenger. I have a 2010 SRT Jeep

The only response that matters in this topic is Ninjahood's....

SRS.
This. (Along with a few other dudes on NT). I wonder how many of these people who glorify "Da Hemi", actually know what it is. Not what Dodge is making know, but a true Hemi. Because the ones they make now are NOTHING like what it really is supposed to be. Do cats even know why they call it "hemi"? And what are the benefits versus other engine types?

Last edited:
This. (Along with a few other dudes on NT). I wonder how many of these people who glorify "Da Hemi", actually know what it is. If they know that the heads are hemispherical shaped and what are the benefits of it. 

The modern HEMI isnt actually a HEMI. They have polyspherical chambers with valves that have opposing central spark plugs. Dual spark plugs is why you need 16 plugs for a plug change. Ha.

Chrysler just used it (the name) for marketing purposes.

But I still love my 6.1L. :smile:

SRS.
This. (Along with a few other dudes on NT). I wonder how many of these people who glorify "Da Hemi", actually know what it is. Not what Dodge is making know, but a true Hemi. Because the ones they make now are NOTHING like what it really is supposed to be. Do cats even know why they call it "hemi"? And what are the benefits versus other engine types?

Yes and from what I know a true hemi aint too efficient

The modern HEMI isnt actually a HEMI. They have polyspherical chambers with valves that have opposing central spark plugs. Dual spark plugs is why you need 16 plugs for a plug change. Ha.

Chrysler just used it (the name) for marketing purposes.

But I still love my 6.1L.
smile.gif
Bingo. The term "Hemi", is nothing but a marketing ploy. It does not have a hemispherical chamber like the original. Not to say it isn't a great engine (because it is) but Dodge wouldn't be selling this many SRTs if they didn't attach that Hemi stigma and legend to it.

It could be with modern technology. Back in the day, they weren't efficient. But what muscle cars were? If they used a true hemispherical chamber coupled with fuel (direct) injection, variable valve timing and modified compression ratios, there is no doubt in my mind that they could be just as efficient as what they are using now. 

It could be with modern technology. Back in the day, they weren't efficient. But what muscle cars were? If they used a true hemispherical chamber coupled with fuel (direct) injection, variable valve timing and modified compression ratios, there is no doubt in my mind that they could be just as efficient as what they are using now. 
Then why aren't they using them ? :nerd:

Then why aren't they using them ?
nerd.gif
Because the engineers probably found that a polyspherical chamber is more efficient. But polyspherical =/= hemispherical. The modern engines should be called Poly, not Hemi. Engineers nowadays mainly focus on MPG and emissions FIRST. Then performance comes second. You can thank CARB for that

The chambers are supposed to be shaped like sliced grapefruit for it to technically qualify as a hemispherical. All "HEMI" means is the shape of the chamber. That's it. Dodge is incorrectly (and yet succesfully) advertising it's engine as something it's not. Not to say that their engines aren't great, but they're just not a true Hemi. It's like saying the GT-R is supercharged when it's got a huge twin turbo underneath it's hood.

I just don't want people to think that people are buying the same hemi that was in Dodge's in the 70s because they are totally different.

Last edited:

SRS.
they're a ***** to maintain...most OG r/t's had da 440 magnum

who cares about how it works....

as long as that rumble under the hood gets the yambs in my passenger seat wet, i'm gucci...

also, if i get to say "da hemi" at any time of the day and it be justified, that's another perk.

Last edited:
who cares about how it works....

as long as that rumble under the hood gets the yambs in my passenger seat wet, i'm gucci...

also, if i get to say "da hemi" at any time of the day and it be justified, that's another perk.
Doesn't make sense to me to drop thousands of dollars on something you don't have a basic understanding of. Or to buy something because of a name that is downright false. 

You got tons of dudes talking about how great "Da Hemi" is just because they heard ninja or another dude say so. And yet, they have no idea what the hell they are talking about.

I'm very passionate about cars. I'm studying to get a Mechanical Engineering degree so I can make that my life. Hearing dudes just spew out false information on the subject irks me. It's like the whole bunch of new "sneakerheads" who got into Jays after the Concords drop. And who refer to the Playoff XIs as the Black/Red Concords...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom