ACA: Affordable Care Act (better known as OBAMACARE) - Enrollment Starts October 1st - You In?

Forced competition. Forced purchasing. Pretty violent if you ask me. Forced to do things against your free will?

So what's the alternative? The insurance companies pretty much wrote this bill, they weren't 'forced' to do anything. This is basically 'spread the pain' so people can get some insurance.

why do you assume im a republican?

and ftr there was a free market in the insurance market. go back to the 50s and 60s and you will see how they operated.

I didn't say you were republican.

You can't compare these times with the 50's and 60's give me a break.

Walmart isn't the only place. I read that UPS cut a bunch people due to this. You could work part time there and get benefits. The pay is ****** though, so that sucks for those folks.

Just heard that Walmart is actually INCREASING jobs. There was a release saying they're moving 35,000 part-timers to full-timers and will be hiring 35,000 more part-timers.

And all these companies pretending to cut jobs because of the ACA are so full of ****. Companies have been trying to cut costs and increase profits since before Obama even took office. Whether it be out sourcing, using cheaper materials (see Jordan Brand), or hiring people that don't demand a certain wage. Greed is a disgusting disease.
While this is kinda true, its not the whole story. There's 4 stores opening in my area in the near future that has to be staffed. The store my gf works in now is hiring for the holidays and cut hours of the workers that are already there. and not just part-time workers... ALL hourly associates from zone manager (highest paid hourly) to car pushers (bottom) and people will only get all their hours maybe 5-7 weeks out of the holiday season (10/1 - 1/2). you got department managers losing 5-10 hours a pay period right now and they going even harder on regular associates.

greed is off the charts. 3 members of the walmart family + the ceo are 4 of the 10 highest earning americans according to forbes this year. together they combine for like 120 billion made this year(or last year...dont remember which the list said).

Yeah let's be honest here people, retail industries have been doing this forever but without public spectacle. I know a manager of a store that was forced to fire some full time folks and hire 3x as many part timers. This is just one example of **** that's always happened. It's just a good time to latch on to this to justify it and just like everything else, the weak minded see it as new and the end of the world as we know it. Then they place blame on the people trying to make it better instead of the ones manipulating it to fill their pockets more. Walmart ( just as an example) wasn't ever going to lose, not now, but some ya'll believe it though.

why do you assume im a republican?

and ftr there was a free market in the insurance market. go back to the 50s and 60s and you will see how they operated.

I didn't say you were republican.

You can't compare these times with the 50's and 60's give me a break.

i know. back then there was a stigma being taken care of by the government. now everyones boasting about it. word to the ebt song.

View media item 596174
the money is the issue with everything right now. fiat money makes everything go up.

Last edited:
i know. back then there was a stigma being taken care of by the government. now everyones boasting about it. word to the ebt song.

View media item 596174
the money is the issue with everything right now. fiat money makes everything go up.

Right, it's easier to dump on the poor and the working class poor. Meanwhile, the ones who are telling you to dump on them are robbing this country blind.

it only exists in certain sectors like technology.
they had a lot to say because they had a lot to profit. they used collectivism to further their agendas on individuals.

It's always about profit, but at least now you can get some coverage and not go bankrupt because you were in a car crash.

If you think theres 'free market' in the technology sector, you might want to check the patent laws in this country and what goes on in the courts.

It's always about profit, but at least now you can get some coverage and not go bankrupt because you were in a car crash.

If you think theres 'free market' in the technology sector, you might want to check the patent laws in this country and what goes on in the courts.

What do you think car insurance is for? If your benefits run out, then you need to take that up with your car insurance, not your health insurance.

Employers have been cutting hours and giving people just enough to not get benefits for years.

:lol: at thinking the ACA is a source of this tactic that has been used since the beginning of time.

What do you think car insurance is for? If your benefits run out, then you need to take that up with your car insurance, not your health insurance.

Maybe car insurance was a bad example, but if you get sick or whatever. Medical bills are the #1 cause of bankruptcy in the country.

View media item 596174

Right, it's easier to dump on the poor and the working class poor. Meanwhile, the ones who are telling you to dump on them are robbing this country blind.

i know all about corporatism and welfare. the rich and poor are parasitic with the collective force in getting what they want. thats why i dont like fascism or collectivism.

Maybe car insurance was a bad example, but if you get sick or whatever. Medical bills are the #1 cause of bankruptcy in the country.

thats because the governments in on it.

when i was 15 i went to hong kong for vacation. my wisdom teeth was going out so i went to the dentist. i had no wait time cause i was the only one there, had xrays done and stuff that a normal visit wouldve had. doc also prescribed me some mouth wash and gave me 10 bottles of the stuff. i walked out paying only 13 dollars.

i know all about corporatism and welfare. the rich and poor are parasitic with the collective force in getting what they want. thats why i dont like fascism or collectivism.

I get what you're saying, but I don't understand why people don't want to get behind the common man and labor in this country. Not everyone can be a millionaire, business owner. There's nothing but 'rich and poor' a lot of the 'middle class' has disappeared and most people who identity as 'middle class' are basically working class poor.

when i was 15 i went to hong kong for vacation. my wisdom teeth was going out so i went to the dentist. i had no wait time cause i was the only one there, had xrays done and stuff that a normal visit wouldve had. doc also prescribed me some mouth wash and gave me 10 bottles of the stuff. i walked out paying only 13 dollars.

Dude, there's maybe 8million people in Hong Kong. Just a quick google search, HK also has gov. run health care along with private HC. same thing that's happening here. I have private health care employer based.

I get what you're saying, but I don't understand why people don't want to get behind the common man and labor in this country. Not everyone can be a millionaire, business owner. There's nothing but 'rich and poor' a lot of the 'middle class' has disappeared and most people who identity as 'middle class' are basically working class poor.

i hate collectivism, so i try not to defend or support a group based on their circumstances. its all about an individuals merit. i know merit can only go so far, but we need that more than someone that has no merits but knows people.

not that many people understand the source to all these problems is actually through "money" and the true definition of it. once we got off the gold standard is when everything started acting up.

then when we face a problem because of a corrupt money supply, we use politicians to cure the SYMPTOMS, not the DISEASE of it. resulting in a positive feedback loop.

Dude, there's maybe 8million people in Hong Kong. Just a quick google search, HK also has gov. run health care along with private HC. same thing that's happening here. I have private health care employer based.

and i went to the private spot with cash. im not a citizen and had no HK insurance.

Last edited:
i hate collectivism, so i try not to defend or support a group based on their circumstances. its all about an individuals merit. i know merit can only go so far, but we need that more than someone that has no merits but knows people.

not that many people understand the source to all these problems is actually through "money" and the true definition of it. once we got off the gold standard is when everything started acting up.

then when we face a problem because of a corrupt money supply, we use politicians to cure the SYMPTOMS, not the DISEASE of it. resulting in a positive feedback loop.

I can't argue with a lot here, but we can't go back to the gold standard. Who has the gold? They are paying you for what little gold the people have.

Why do people keep saying 'nobody knows what's in the bill?' It's been out for a while.

http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/rights/law/index.html
Yes, its been out since 2009, but if you were to ask each politician voting on this if they've read the thing in its entirety, you would be able to hear a pin drop amongst all the silence. Its a massive document. The CBO report that came out at the same time pretty much declared that it would be cost effective and essentially a failure due to only 10% of the population benefiting from the bill.

The thing that's wrong with Obamacare is that the government is mandating that people buy a good with no respect to freedom or choice. It's not the government's job to mandate that people help other people or provide health care. They're extending their control over the people with this bill.

Remember the bill passed by only seven votes with 34 Dems opposed to it. If Obama and Pelosi (who's district is exempt from Obamacare) didn't promise additional funding behind closed doors to those that would have turned their backs, this would have fell flat on its face. They thugged this bill through.

FDR, a Progressive, had Social Security and look where its at now.

LBJ, another Progressive, had Medicare and looks where its at now.

History keeps repeating itself.

Back
Top Bottom