Adam Carolla's racial comments on Manny Pacquiao and the Philippines

i'm Filipino....   but that Spurs > Lakers comment bothered me more than Adam's comment...   
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by LakeShow24k

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

1. filipino is not a race.

2. where's the racism?

If I made fun of the thailand about their ladyboys, am I racist? no.

if i say that there's no difference between america and canada, am I racist? no.

yall filipinos stay reaching with the filipino pride $#%*. "ww're pacific islanders, not Asian!"
laugh.gif

yall asian. all the same. not racist.

No you wouldn't be racist, but you would be ignorant. What's wrong with having pride in your country? Before Pacquiao, Filipinos had nothing and I mean nothing to cheer for or be proud of on the world stage. It's poor and has a long history of corrupt leadership, much like many other third world countries. When a guy who comes from the squalor actually gets some success, and helps put your country on the map, why can't the Filipinos be proud? Why is Carolla getting at Pacquiao/Philippines in the first place? What the hell did the country or Pac ever do to him lol?

Nah, I wouldn't be racist or ignorant. It's not ignorance because I do know that there are differences between the countries, and I'm sure Adam Carolla knows the differences as well.

Having read the article, I found no racial comments.  They were not "absolutely discriminating" in any manner at all.  I find some jokes and some hyperbole.  He might have insulted the Philippines and Manny, but quit pulling the race card.

He made some good points about building your country around an athlete.

yall "flips" have been on that filipino pride tip for a long time..way before manny.  nothing wrong, but it's a little bit too much.

for the rest of yall, point out the "racial" and "absolutely discriminating" comments.

you can tell the difference between comedy and true feelings.. Kramer did not sound like he was just telling jokes.. Therefore it can easily be labeled as racist and I felt it was..

It's all in delivery I haven't heard Adam Corolla's audio about Pac so I don't know whether or not it is in this case..

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I'm mexican btw. I'm just trying to make a point to the people that say "dudes are too sensitive." ignorance is ignorance, giving him a pass because he's a comedian is dumb.
I agree.

It's like saying Michael 'Kramer' Richards wasn't racist during his rant.. dude is just a comedian.. right?

This.

laugh.gif
 @ Adam Carolla's comments. I find it hilarious.

Its funny seeing all the Filipinos getting mad, every race is exploited and laughed at. Calm the hell down.

I'm Filipino and I
laugh.gif
 at his comments.

I know I'm in the minority when it comes to his comments, but dude speaks the truth.

My fellow Filipinos: relax.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mike23theking

I'm mexican btw. I'm just trying to make a point to the people that say "dudes are too sensitive." ignorance is ignorance, giving him a pass because he's a comedian is dumb.
I agree.

It's like saying Michael 'Kramer' Richards wasn't racist during his rant.. dude is just a comedian.. right?

This.
wrong...what kramer did was hate....adam was just struggling to be funny..

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Originally Posted by mike23theking

I agree.

This.
wrong...what kramer did was hate....adam was just struggling to be funny..
I agree. Both were in different context so comparing the two situations is baseless.

ehh so many things to do in life....why are you guys taking this clown seriously ..he is not from a 3rd world country..so dont expect him to appreciate the Filipino pride we guys have.. add to that ..as long as their women is easy to get.. im all good lol

Philippines>>>Africa as a continent...idiots are spreading AIDS over there because they believe popping a virgin's cherry is the cure for it...smh

if you find something wrong with that comment...then "you're too sensitive"
overthetop.jpg
   I get the point you were trying to make, but you crossed the line that Carolla didn't. If you said for example: "The only thing they have in Zaire is Mutumbo's extended family and straw huts.", then I could respect that as things would be kept in context. But one you showed your ignorance by 1) Making a blanket statement about an entire continent with the purpose of being hateful, with no attempt at satire, and 2) Making note of a serious issue that causes death in some countries within a continent that you are not educated about. But again, I get your point.

so he insults you guys by saying the icon everyone is sucking off is a lame and all of a sudden he's racist.

every comment refers back to paquio and people's relation to them
laugh.gif

think about that. aint nothin racist about it.

lol at someone trying to insult the black community just shows peoples true colors and childish ways.

Philippines>>>Africa as a continent...idiots are spreading AIDS over there because they believe popping a virgin's cherry is the cure for it...smh

Why bring Africa into it? I swear it seems most asians have a deep rooted resentment towards the brothers.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

1. filipino is not a race.

2. where's the racism?

If I made fun of the thailand about their ladyboys, am I racist? no.

if i say that there's no difference between america and canada, am I racist? no.

yall filipinos stay reaching with the filipino pride $#%*. "ww're pacific islanders, not Asian!"
laugh.gif

yall asian. all the same. not racist.

No you wouldn't be racist, but you would be ignorant. What's wrong with having pride in your country? Before Pacquiao, Filipinos had nothing and I mean nothing to cheer for or be proud of on the world stage. It's poor and has a long history of corrupt leadership, much like many other third world countries. When a guy who comes from the squalor actually gets some success, and helps put your country on the map, why can't the Filipinos be proud? Why is Carolla getting at Pacquiao/Philippines in the first place? What the hell did the country or Pac ever do to him lol?
son your a lame. so because you guys finally have a hero he gets a pass and can't be inuslted despited being a celeb, and no one can insult his supporters? alright buddy. we'll all hug and kiss each other. toast marshmallows and sing kumbayah just for your corny ++%
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by OldDogPR

Why bring Africa into it? I swear it seems most asians have a deep rooted resentment towards the brothers.

Son is mad that's why.
roll.gif

Nobody should take what Adam Corolla of all people is saying seriously.

I actually agree with what he says about Pac not wanting to test the day of the fight and that he is an idiot if he thinks it will effect his performance during the fight. I'm sorry but it wont make any difference and if Pretty Boy Floyd is with it - then so should Manny. It makes Manny look like he is 1.) scared of Floyd 2.) using performance enhancing drugs. I'm a fan of Manny but he needs to confine to what they want and get this fight going - it will only cement his legacy if he beats Floyd and would be possibly the greatest fight ever since Ali v. Frazier.

omg why isnt this locked yet its an asian bashing thread!

"Why bring Africa into it? I swear it seems most asians have a deep rooted resentment towards the brothers."

and LakeShow24k is Mexican

laugh.gif

Eh, I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

Whether it was from a comedian or not, you guys have never laughed at an ignorant joke before? 

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

so he insults you guys by saying the icon everyone is sucking off is a lame and all of a sudden he's racist.

every comment refers back to paquio and people's relation to them
laugh.gif

think about that. aint nothin racist about it.

lol at someone trying to insult the black community just shows peoples true colors and childish ways.

Back
Top Bottom