ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I'm having a hard time deciding if the crazy explosive is hideous or fire, wish I could see in person, but adidas basketball don't stock anywhere in London at all

I'm having a hard time deciding if the crazy explosive is hideous or fire, wish I could see in person, but adidas basketball don't stock anywhere in London at all
In all honesty, they're kind of ugly. But performance wise, they're going to be incredible. I say 'going to' because I'm on a severely sprained ankle (damn KD 9s killed me) and the recovery is a month. So it'll be too late for a performance review. But, I will be able to definitively say whether you can fir a brace in or not. Anyway. for my good foot, the shoe felt great. I've had most of the boost related basketball shoes, and to be honest I never felt like they were that great. Everyone was talking about how good the D. Rose 6 and CLB 2015s were. I didn't feel the same way. 0 spring back. These are way more bouncy. You actually feel a spring back just walking. And the prime knit is stretchy PK. I love it. The ankle area is a little weird because I think they made it a high for style as opposed to ankle protection, but I find it weird that with all the shoes they've been 'sock collaring' they decided to keep these so wide open. Maybe specifically for braces... Anyway, I wish we got the green/black/orange colourway in Canada but these will do. I have like 5 pairs of straight up red shoes, so I guess it's okay. 

I just got mine in the office this morning. Have only tried them on. They actually look nice to me for casual wear as well...because i like the high top bball look.

For sizing reference, I wear a 10.5 in almost all nikes, and 10 in jordans and adidas. I went with the 10 and these fit perfectly.

Got mine today, too. Super comfortable and I like the look more than I expected to.

I wear a US8 in everything, and these as an 8 is a perfect 1 to 1 fit.

Literally all youtube sneaker reviewers are loving the crazy explosives. The design is even growing on me. Still Im gonna wait for the Wiggins PE's later on in the year

Also worth noting, to me at least, these don't feel as clunky as the CLB. Might just be in my head because of the high top design, but the weight feels better distributed.

The CL Boost 2016 isn't clunky for me.  It does feel bottom heavy though with all that boost and the outsole.  Definitely on the bulky side, but feels relatively smooth underfoot and in transition.

Explosives have to be the right colorway for me personally.  Most shoes it doesn't typically matter for me, but with the way these are put together and all that PK I think it's really easy to make an ugly shoe.

The CEs sound like great performance shoes. They are pretty ugly. Still hoping they come with a low that performs as well but looks nicer.

CEs feel amazing on the court. The full length boost is awesome on the basketball shoes, so glad they did it. I thought they were hideous when I first saw them, they have grown on me. Love them. Cannot wait for the CE mids to come out in Jan/Feb!!

The CL 2016 lows are comfortable but i'm not a fan of hooping in lows. Very comfortable shoe, not clunky at all. 

Waiting to get my Rose 7s!

Last edited:
CEs feel amazing on the court. The full length boost is awesome on the basketball shoes, so glad they did it. I thought they were hideous when I first saw them, they have grown on me. Love them. Cannot wait for the CE mids to come out in Jan/Feb!!

The CL 2016 lows are comfortable but i'm not a fan of hooping in lows. Very comfortable shoe, not clunky at all. 

Waiting to get my Rose 7s!

What's the court feel / response like for a guard?

Last edited:
What's the court feel / response like for a guard?
CEs- Great, feel good making cuts . No issues on change of direction or anything like that. Don't feel bulky at all, I know there were questions about that given how they look.

CL2016s- Can't really speak to this, only shot around in them. Have not went up & down with them on. Feel good on, just cant speak to  playing in them. Sole feels solid though.

anyone know where i can try on the CE and CL 16 in the Bay Area? having a hard time deciding between the 2. Really don't want to hassle with ordering online and having to return one or the other....plus I'm not too confident on my sizing. thanks in advance!!!

I believe you have to drive to Daly City/SF to find them. I have not tried looking/calling around SJ, I just went through adidas.com for the order and return route.

Been wearing the CE since Thursday... So much support, so much BOOST... its def one of my new favorites. Finally a basketball/mid with near ultra boost cushioning. Absolute homerun. Super snug at first but break them in... Cheers.

Been wearing the CE since Thursday... So much support, so much BOOST... its def one of my new favorites. Finally a basketball/mid with near ultra boost cushioning. Absolute homerun. Super snug at first but break them in... Cheers.
how do they perform compare with the xx9 or xxx?

how do they perform compare with the xx9 or xxx?
No hoops... just been rocking them but regardless, whole different class of comfort.  I sold the xxx's I had while ago... xx9 only tried on, was the one in your avatar... was 11.5 and I needed a 12.  

Back
Top Bottom